Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: 2010s all decade teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    It’s kinda like if Lebron gets hurt next year and never recovered. The 2020 ring and 3 more years of good numbers puts him over say…..Luka who should be a top player for all 10 years? Don’t know about that.
    That's basically the crux of Dirk's argument. He won an epic title in 2011 (thanks to a Wade and Spo sabotage, which is a different discussion) and still had a couple more years of good play, but it was a pretty consistent decline in production as the decade went on.

I still think you have to put him over Aldridge. I'd take 10's Duncan over Aldridge too.

Yeah no way I'd have Aldridge anywhere near this...

Had the unfortunate experience of having to support this overrated diva for a few years

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax View Post
    Where is Chris Bosh?
    Probably sucking some ******'s ***** somewhere, what does it matter? He doesnt belong on this list. Neither does Wade if we're being honest, he was WASHED in the 10s. Point blank period.

And Davis doesnt belong there either but it was a weak era for his position.

Yes the list is retarded as these lists almost always are.

Anyways... back to the main topic... **** Carmelo Anthony.

Banned

Steph Curry
    James Harden
    Kevin Durant
    Anthony Davis
    LaMarcus Aldridge

Chris Paul
    Klay Thompson
    Paul George
    Blake Griffin
    Rudy Gobert

Kyrie Irving
    Jimmy Butler
    Kawhi Leonard
    Kevin Love
    Nikola Vucevic

That's actually a very respectable list, I think they got the First Team exactly right.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

He's not that good, he's never been that good, and he's not an NBA level player right now.
    Sticking to the script for like 5 years no matter how obviously disproven it is. Lance Stephenson sits home for 2 years then comes in because of covid and out scores both Harden and Kyrie. But you still can’t get your head around the fact that there are a lot more NBA level players than there are roster spots. Or the fact that your opinion on what an nba level player is means literally nothing compared to the couple hundred games he’s played since you declared he didn’t have the ability to do it anymore.

Your line of thinking was proven factually incorrect when you claimed years ago he was playing his final season no matter if he or I knew it or not….and then coaches kept deciding to play him. You are gonna die and decompose on a hill of wrong.

Not only is Melo NBA level the people worse than Melo who get no burn and can barely hang onto a spot are nba level too. Drop the 3rd best forward on the 8th best euro league team on the Kings tomorrow and you wouldn’t notice him standing out for being terrible if you had the misfortune of watching a Kings game.

I bet there are 800 people roughly good enough to be in the nba. But oooooonly the old stars get the “Not nba level” talk. The reason is obvious. They are the only role players anyone looks at twice.

Keep repeating yourself till he finally retires though. At least then he won’t be actively proving you wrong every second of the day. Melo could miss his next 40 shots and be nba level. There are 100 guys who don’t show enough in practice to even be given 40 shots in a season to begin with.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Blake Griffin is another I question but don't feel like researching a good argument against. I am probably wrong but it feels like he peaked in his first 3 seasons. I may be holding my expectations against him unfairly but he just stopped rebounding and devolved from the next Charles Barkley to a more vascular Antoine Walker.

Banned

so much for the cavs super team narrative.

Banned

It’s kinda like if Lebron gets hurt next year and never recovered. The 2020 ring and 3 more years of good numbers puts him over say…..Luka who should be a top player for all 10 years? Don’t know about that.
    1. if that 2020 ring was actually real I would consider putting lebron over a bum similar to Westbrook or Carmelo. Luka has infinitely more of an impact on wins than those 2 trash cans so that comparison is actually retarded

2. then why put kobe on the 3rd team. it's just disrespectful to him or the guys that played a full 10 years. take him off and put anyone. but if he's on the 3rd team then obviously it's not about tenure and in fact about level of play and accomplishments so by that measurement kobe should be minimum 2nd team

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny32 View Post
    so much for the cavs super team narrative.

LeCancer kills every players career he touches. nothing new here

Sticking to the script for like 5 years no matter how obviously disproven it is. Lance Stephenson sits home for 2 years then comes in because of covid and out scores both Harden and Kyrie. But you still can’t get your head around the fact that there are a lot more NBA level players than there are roster spots. Or the fact that your opinion on what an nba level player is means literally nothing compared to the couple hundred games he’s played since you declared he didn’t have the ability to do it anymore.

Your line of thinking was proven factually incorrect when you claimed years ago he was playing his final season no matter if he or I knew it or not….and then coaches kept deciding to play him. You are gonna die and decompose on a hill of wrong.

Not only is Melo NBA level the people worse than Melo who get no burn and can barely hang onto a spot are nba level too. Drop the 3rd best forward on the 8th best euro league team on the Kings tomorrow and you wouldn’t notice him standing out for being terrible if you had the misfortune of watching a Kings game.

I bet there are 800 people roughly good enough to be in the nba. But oooooonly the old stars get the “Not nba level” talk. The reason is obvious. They are the only role players anyone looks at twice.

Keep repeating yourself till he finally retires though. At least then he won’t be actively proving you wrong every second of the day. Melo could miss his next 40 shots and be nba level. There are 100 guys who don’t show enough in practice to even be given 40 shots in a season to begin with.

Yes I am going to keep saying it because if your objective is to win games, you do not want this guy on your team and that's been true since around the time he was ending his tenure with the Knicks.

He adjusted his attitude in recent years so congrats to him, but his attitude was absolutely atrocious starting off in OKC. At that time, I absolutely would not want that guy on my team and I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. I would rather have 2022 Carmelo Anthony than 2018 Carmelo Anthony just because of the attitude adjustment but I wouldn't want either guy on my roster.

I don't give a **** what coaches think or do or say. I do not give a shit. Even professionals miss shit. And they do it over and over and over. People are wrong, people are stupid, people make mistakes. Don't get me wrong, I am people but let me put this another way.

Nikola Jokic went 41 in the NBA draft in 2014.

You know what that means? 100% of executives and 100% of coaches and front offices and people with any meaningful voice missed this guy. They all did. 100% of them. And he is now the reigning league MVP. And this same type of shit has happened countless times throughout NBA history where 100% of people flat out miss.

And rather than getting missed in the draft, you have guys that stick around for years based on reputation and name rather than actual ability or results.

Carmelo Anthony is still an NBA level scorer in limited minutes and that will probably remain true even after he retires.

But he is not an NBA level player any longer and he hasn't been for a number of years.
    Last edited by Shogon; 01-17-2022 at 04:50 PM.

Why is Kobe there?

He played 4 seasons of note in the 2010‘s and 2 were mediocre (2011-2012)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

George and Giannis should be on the second team instead of Blake and Melo imo

Dirk should be third team over Aldridge

Draymond and Butler have strong arguments for third team as well

Banned

Its good list for the most part.

Giannis didn't accomplish anything in playoffs at that point but already won a MVP, I would put him at least 2nd team.

Kobe's 2010 was still really good even though he was underwhelming in 2011 and 2012 and pretty much rest of the decade. I still would put him in carmello's spot.

Replace Aldridge with chris bosh or Kevin love

The rest looks good