Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Czech folk singer Hanka Horka dies after getting deliberately infected with COVID-19

Czech folk singer Hanka Horka has died of COVID-19 after intentionally getting infected with the virus.

Horka, a vocalist for the popular folk group Asonance, voluntarily exposed herself to the virus in order to obtain a health pass.

Both she and her husband tested positive before Christmas, according to her son, Jan Rek.

“My mum wanted to get sick, so she gets the COVID pass,” Rek told CNN affiliate CNN Prima News.

“She said to me and even publicly she wants to get infected so she is done with COVID.”

The 57-year-old unvaccinated singer wanted a “recovery pass” so she could attend the theatre and a sauna in the Czech republic, the BBC reports.

A proof of vaccination or evidence of recent infection is required in the country to attend such venues.

When her husband and son came down with the virus, Horka did not isolate herself from them.

Instead she stayed close to her infected family members.

“She should have isolated for a week because we tested positive — but she was with us the whole time,” Rek told Prague Morning.

Horka was open about her plan to get infected, writing about her infection on Facebook.

“I survived ... it was intense,” she wrote.

“So now there will be the theatre, sauna, a concert… and an urgent trip to the sea.”

Instead, she died on January 16, two days after writing the post.

Her son blamed the anti-vaccination movement for his mother’s death.

“I know exactly who influenced her,” he said.

“It makes me sad that she believed strangers more than her proper family.

“In about 10 minutes it was all over ... She choked to death.”

The number of COVID cases in the Czech Republic reached a new daily high on Wednesday, with 28,469 cases reported in a population of 10 million.

Deliberate infection
    Horka’s death comes as more and more people talk about deliberately getting infected - to the extent of hosting so-called “COVID parties.”

Last week, Australian epidemiologist Bruce Willett slammed the trend towards deliberate infection, saying it was a “really bad idea.”

The trend is being promoted by numerous TikTok influencers, who suggest contracting the virus deliberately speeds up the process and helps people avoid long periods of self-isolation.

In one social media video, a woman from Queensland purposely tried to get the virus by sharing her COVID-positive daughter’s glass of orange juice.

“When you’re COVID positive, and mum drinks your OJ to try and get COVID asap so we aren’t in extended iso,” the video’s caption read.

Influencer and former Big Brother contestant Tully Smyth also shocked her followers after announcing her decision to move in with her infected boyfriend, hoping to “catch it sooner rather than later”.

“This sort of behaviour threatens to overwhelm medical services,” he said.

“They will get immunity to COVID but it’s not substantially better than getting the immunization and at an extraordinarily higher risk.”

Tragically, Hanka Horka’s death appears to bear Willett’s comments out.
    https://7news.com.au/travel/coronavi...d-19-c-5383017

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

Default Re: Czech folk singer Hanka Horka dies after getting deliberately infected with COVID

This one is worthy of the phrase "play stupid games, win stupid prizes".

57 years old is young but it isn't young enough to purposefully mess around with covid.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Default Re: Czech folk singer Hanka Horka dies after getting deliberately infected with COVID

Natural selection, fellas

RIP

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Up next... retired Albanian race car driver's cousin says he died with Covid after grocery shopping without a mask.. "he just didn't have enough faith in The Science," his cousin said.

You don't just die of Covid, usually you have comorbidities. And she probably didn't catch the Omicron.

You have to know the cost versus benefit of your situation. If you're like her, kind of old, out of shape, it's best not to take the risk. She probably would have died even if vaccinated, but just like I've advised vulnerable people here on ISH to get the vaccine, she should have taken the vaccine risk. Or better yet, take some steps to get in shape. It's a shitty vaccine, that only truly shows some protection for those 65 years old and older, and doesn't show much against younger people, since the Corona doesn't kill enough younger people to show much of a difference. But if you're younger than that and have multiple comorbidities, then at least don't try to catch it on purpose.

She was fooled by the fact that those in her household didn't feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    Natural selection, fellas

RIP
    She was old and had kids, and was not having any future ones.

Today I was actually thinking of a worst case scenario, since the spike proteins of the mRNA tends to collect in the ovaries. What if in the future we have a situation where tens of thousands of future adults won't be able to reproduce due to vaccine damage. It would be their parent's fault, but an example of natural selection. A good portion of the population that for whatever genetic tendencies were ok with their kids getting experimental mRNA vaccines that for decades never made if past animal trials. Those genes that for a lack of a better word made it easier for somebody to be a vaccine cuck, will be a little less common in future generations.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    You don't just die of Covid...
    Yeah actually you do sometimes.

Doesn't matter how rare it is to die from Covid, purposely getting sick is just dumb.

I don't care about the celebrities tbh and don't need news stories of them to have seen the impact and I'm surprised they even get reported. Last month a person from my school 7 years younger than me died of Covid, with zero comorbidities. In their 20's. They were actually on one of those shows Americas got talent or whatever a few years back. Real person with a real identity that had real potential for a long and positive life. Unvaccinated of course, and his dad was in the ICU at the time with Covid also unvaccinated - not sure if his dad made it or not but even if he did he lost his son so wouldn't be doing well now anyways. This kid went to sleep on the couch with a fever and never woke up. Myocarditis - due to Covid (which by the way, is 8 times more prevalent in people who catch Covid than in people who get a vaccine). No he didn't have 1 foot in the grave, I guarantee you he would be here today if he'd had a vaccine. Is the vaccine perfect and free of risk? Nope. Is it common for young or healthy to die of Covid? Of COURSE NOT. Is it worth the risk to tempt fate no matter how small the odds when the stakes are so high to skip a much lower risk vaccine in lieu of the much higher risk disease? OF COURSE NOT. Just like wearing your seatbelt in a car. Get a vaccine if it's free not by law by just to not be a moron lmao, the benefits outweigh the risks (and they do by miles on this one)

My Aunts brother (Aunt is an inlaw) died of Covid just before christmas this year in his 50's. His wife, also in her 50's, just died 2 weeks ago of Covid as well. They were both vocal anti vaxxers. Whoops! I was at a pig roast laughing it up with them only a few years ago - but honestly they made a real poor judgement call on this one. My friends dad whos house I'd visited just last year, had zero health issues also in his 50's and by every stretch of the imagination would have probably lived another 30 years enjoying life with his newly born and young grandkids - he was a great guy - died of Covid just before Christmas as well, and only within 3 days of feeling sick. My fiance's best friends father died of Covid a few months before that. Several coworkers have lost a parent or loved one to Covid at this point, and my moms friend just died of Covid who was maybe in her early 60's. How stupid must any of you be to actually think 50's and 60's is "old". Like, my grandparents who died prematurely from bad health from smoking since age 14 etc were all in their mid 70's the actual "old" healthier members of my family that didn't get lung cancer and chose to treat their illnesses all exceed and have exceeded their 80's which is how it should be if you actually listen to medical advice.

Exclusively from my own social contacts I know of all in all probably a dozen people who have died of Covid-19 already. I have heard of absolutely ZERO people who have died of the vaccine. Zero. Zero people who have ever died from the flu or a cold either which Covid is often equated too and that's in my entire lifetime not just within 2 years. Hell, I know of less people in my entire life that have died from a car accident than I've learned of dying from Covid-19 these past 2 years.

Anyone on here who still doesn't see the virus as any kind of meaningful threat worthy of mention or mitigation must have zero social life. I can't imagine not knowing anyone who died of Covid at this stage being that it has run through most of the U.S. by this point 3 times - I picture some on here living as hermits or something. At the start of the alleged pandemic it was helpful to see statistics provided by outsiders though of course taken with a grain of salt but at this point who even needs them - I couldn't care less about what the government or CDC says. I know first hand statistics from my social circles now. A dozen folks I'm aware of have died of Covid - 0 died of vaccination. Vaccinated people usually don't go to the hospital where as unvaccinated people usually do. 11 of the 12 people who died of Covid were unvaccinated. 0 people I've ever known have died of a flu or cold. Probably 3 or 4 people I've ever known of have died from a car accident. My real life statistics don't require me to "do research". At the end of the day I don't care what anyone actually does as far as getting the vaccine or not it's just amusing to watch so many people still act like they live under a rock, or that the vaccine is somehow more dangerous. LMAO
    Last edited by hiphopanonymous; 01-21-2022 at 05:44 PM.

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous View Post
    I don't care about the celebrities tbh and don't need news stories of them to have seen the impact and I'm surprised they even get reported. Last month a person from my school 7 years younger than me died of Covid, with zero comorbidities. In their 20's. They were actually on one of those shows Americas got talent or whatever a few years back. Real person with a real identity that had real potential for a long and positive life. Unvaccinated of course, and his dad was in the ICU at the time with Covid also unvaccinated - not sure if his dad made it or not but even if he did he lost his son so wouldn't be doing well now anyways. This kid went to sleep on the couch with a fever and never woke up. Myocarditis - due to Covid (which by the way, is 8 times more prevalent in people who catch Covid than in people who get a vaccine). No he didn't have 1 foot in the grave, I guarantee you he would be here today if he'd had a vaccine. Is the vaccine perfect and free of risk? Nope. Is it common for young or healthy to die of Covid? Of COURSE NOT. Is it worth the risk to tempt fate no matter how small the odds when the stakes are so high to skip a much lower risk vaccine in lieu of the much higher risk disease? OF COURSE NOT. Just like wearing your seatbelt in a car. Get a vaccine if it's free not by law by just to not be a moron lmao, the benefits outweigh the risks (and they do by miles on this one)

My Aunts brother (Aunt is an inlaw) died of Covid just before christmas this year in his 50's. His wife, also in her 50's, just died 2 weeks ago of Covid as well. They were both vocal anti vaxxers. Whoops! I was at a pig roast laughing it up with them only a few years ago - but honestly they made a real poor judgement call on this one. My friends dad whos house I'd visited just last year, had zero health issues also in his 50's and by every stretch of the imagination would have probably lived another 30 years enjoying life with his newly born and young grandkids - he was a great guy - died of Covid just before Christmas as well, and only within 3 days of feeling sick. My fiance's best friends father died of Covid a few months before that. Several coworkers have lost a parent or loved one to Covid at this point, and my moms friend just died of Covid who was maybe in her early 60's. How stupid must any of you be to actually think 50's and 60's is "old". Like, my grandparents who died prematurely from bad health from smoking since age 14 etc were all in their mid 70's the actual "old" healthier members of my family that didn't get lung cancer and chose to treat their illnesses all exceed and have exceeded their 80's which is how it should be if you actually listen to medical advice.

Exclusively from my own social contacts I know of all in all probably a dozen people who have died of Covid-19 already. I have heard of absolutely ZERO people who have died of the vaccine. Zero. Zero people who have ever died from the flu or a cold either which Covid is often equated too and that's in my entire lifetime not just within 2 years. Hell, I know of less people in my entire life that have died from a car accident than I've learned of dying from Covid-19 these past 2 years.

Anyone on here who still doesn't see the virus as any kind of meaningful threat worthy of mention or mitigation must have zero social life. I can't imagine not knowing anyone who died of Covid at this stage being that it has run through most of the U.S. by this point 3 times - I picture some on here living as hermits or something. At the start of the alleged pandemic it was helpful to see statistics provided by outsiders though of course taken with a grain of salt but at this point who even needs them - I couldn't care less about what the government or CDC says. I know first hand statistics from my social circles now. A dozen folks I'm aware of have died of Covid - 0 died of vaccination. Vaccinated people usually don't go to the hospital where as unvaccinated people usually do. 11 of the 12 people who died of Covid were unvaccinated. 0 people I've ever known have died of a flu or cold. Probably 3 or 4 people I've ever known of have died from a car accident. My real life statistics don't require me to "do research". At the end of the day I don't care what anyone actually does as far as getting the vaccine or not it's just amusing to watch so many people still act like they live under a rock, or that the vaccine is somehow more dangerous. LMAO
    Pretty much. I work for a large company and since the start of covid I have read at least 20 company announcements of someone having to bury a loved one and we've had 1 employee death of someone mid-40s. No flu year I've ever seen has done this. And then if I look at all my Facebook friends it's the same story. I get in here to read people declare that this is just a cold or even a complete hoax and it lets me know those posters are isolated from society. Keyboard conservatives who are driven by politics like jstern who spend all day behind a screen and don't interact with large groups of people.

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous View Post

Joe Rogan turned out to be right, or should I say his data turned out to be right. If you're under 40, you are more likely to develop myocarditis from the vaccine than from getting Covid. BUT, not only that, the vaccine does not stop the spread, the vaccinated carry the same amount of viral load.

Unfortunately that myocarditis misinformation is going to get spread for the next few months by the main stream. And those who were disappointed that he didn't die from the virus.

So not only will you be at higher risk of getting myocarditis from the vaccine, but now you're going to add to the risk, since almost everyone is going to get the Corona. The common denominator, the spike protein, take Ivermectin.

As far as your Americas got Talent friend, statistically speaking, chances are that he had an underlying health condition.

It just seems like your living in a different situation, if so many people around you are dying of the Corona.

And I just saw the Vaers report, showing that there has been 23,000 vaccine related deaths. And the Vaers system is severely under reported, by around 8 times. It's very complicated to report side effects to the Vaers system, time consuming, and against the law to put down false information. With a lot of hospitals simply not reporting things. So it's very worrying to see 23,000 deaths reported so far. Because it's a very under reported system.
    Last edited by jstern; 01-21-2022 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    Joe Rogan turned out to be right, or should I say his data turned out to be right. If you're under 40, you are more likely to develop myocarditis from the vaccine than from getting Covid. BUT, not only that, the vaccine does not stop the spread, the vaccinated carry the same amount of viral load.

Unfortunately that myocarditis misinformation is going to get spread for the next few months by the main stream. And those who were disappointed that he didn't die from the virus.

So not only will you be at higher risk of getting myocarditis from the vaccine, but now you're going to add to the risk, since almost everyone is going to get the Corona. The common denominator, the spike protein, take Ivermectin.

As far as your Americas got Talent friend, statistically speaking, chances are that he had an underlying health condition.

It just seems like your living in a different situation, if so many people around you are dying of the Corona.

And I just saw the Vaers report, showing that there has been 23,000 vaccine related deaths. And the Vaers system is severely under reported, by around 8 times. It's very complicated to report side effects to the Vaers system, time consuming, and against the law to put down false information. With a lot of hospitals simply not reporting things. So it's very worrying to see 23,000 deaths reported so far. Because it's a very under reported system.
    that actually turned out to be false, which joe rogan acknowledged:

@7:00

you may also find this interesting, jstern. myocarditis is talked about in the first few minutes, but the ntire thing is worth listening to.

Last edited by diamenz; 01-21-2022 at 07:27 PM.

Imagine actually typing out all the nonsense jstern does on a daily basis in an attempt to seem intelligent and disguise the fact you're a message board troll. The effort is completely unnecessary. Very strange behavior.

Fake news.