Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Another commentator saying Pippen was on Jordan's level in 96.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls View Post
    I'm harping over rebounds and lack of interior defense. That's why they lost.

As far as Rodmans minutes, as I said in a previous post it could've been far worse. Blame Phil Jackson for not playing him more. But again, you're acting like he should've played the whole 48 minutes when no player does that. And i explained why he didn't play more minutes. You choose to ignore it.
    And by the numbers, lack of scoring was a bigger factor. Its a BO7 not BO1. The Bulls were outscored 4 times & in Game 7 couldn't even crack 80 points. Rodman having starter minutes or at least getting the playtime he did in 96....isn't asking a lot. It isn't saying he should play the entire game either.

You can't play half the game and have the impact you're eluding to. Apparently Jordan & Phil thought the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    And by the numbers, lack of scoring was a bigger factor. Its a BO7 not BO1. The Bulls were outscored 4 times & in Game 7 couldn't even crack 80 points. Rodman having starter minutes or at least getting the playtime he did in 96....isn't asking a lot. It isn't saying he should play the entire game either.

You can't play half the game and have the impact you're eluding to. Apparently Jordan & Phil thought the same.
    Lol. Bro. I told you why his average minutes were lower. Please address that.

Obviously the Bulls could've scored more. Maybe they could've scored more if their best rebounder did his job and did better than average 6 rebound a game. It's not like the Knicks were scoring all these points as well.

Local High School Star

Lol. Bro. I told you why his average minutes were lower. Please address that.

Obviously the Bulls could've scored more. Maybe they could've scored more if their best rebounder did his job and did better than average 6 rebound a game. It's not like the Knicks were scoring all these points as well.
    That's not the only reason. Rod's mintues begain to decline in the Pacer series. He was distracted off the court, and it caused inconsistent play. Read the article I posted where Jordan & Phil literally tell you this verbatim.

In that 94 series, I think both teams did a great job on defense. Sure rebounding played a role, but New York only grabbed them at a 1% clip, higher. That isn't saying much lol. Your led guy, though, only averaged 21 points and shot 40% from the field. And his team was held to 8 points less than their average. Look there first.

If Pippen was the one that took 2 years off to quit / rest up he'd be killing it and MJ would be breaking down.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation View Post
    If Pippen was the one that took 2 years off to quit / rest up he'd be killing it and MJ would be breaking down.
    If Toby Maguire was actually bitten by a radioactive spider, he would be Spiderman.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    That's not the only reason. Rod's mintues begain to decline in the Pacer series. He was distracted off the court, and it caused inconsistent play. Read the article I posted where Jordan & Phil literally tell you this verbatim.

In that 94 series, I think both teams did a great job on defense. Sure rebounding played a role, but New York only grabbed them at a 1% clip, higher. That isn't saying much lol. Your led guy, though, only averaged 21 points and shot 40% from the field. And his team was held to 8 points less than their average. Look there first.
    And like I said when your lead guy has to anchor the defense, run the offense, be the best scorer, be the best rebounder, draw all the defensive attention, etc, it stands to reason that something is gonna give. In a defensive struggle, you need your best rebounder to come through. Especially when your playing against the best defense in the league.

And consider this, the Knicks outrebounded the Bulls in 5 of the 7 games. The only reason the totals are close is because the Bulls outrebounded the Knicks in game 6 by 17. This is why I say numbers need to be taken with context.

I can't help you with regards to Rodman. Its clear you choose to remain ignorant. Especially when you get video evidence, and stats and context.
    Last edited by 97 bulls; 02-21-2022 at 02:22 AM.

7-time NBA All-Star

And like I said when your lead guy has to anchor the defense, run the offense, be the best scorer, be the best rebounder, draw all the defensive attention, etc, it stands to reason that something is gonna give. In a defensive struggle, you need your best rebounder to come through. Especially when your playing against the best defense in the league.

And consider this, the Knicks outrebounded the Bulls in 5 of the 7 games. The only reason the totals are close is because the Bulls outrebounded the Knicks in game 6 by 17. This is why I say numbers need to be taken with context.

I can't help you with regards to Rodman. Its clear you choose to remain ignorant. Especially when you get video evidence, and stats and context.

Pippen was a joke:

And Jordan got more DPOY than Pippen nearly every year while doubling his scoring and leading the assists for 6 of 9 runs while assisting 33% more often (assist percentage)

It's funny because Pippen nearly beat the Knicks despite wetting the bed, so we know MJ would win in Pippen's place - this confirms that Pippen wasn't needed and was just the lucky bum that landed alongside the goat scorer & DPOY (goat 2-way player)
    Last edited by 3ba11; 02-21-2022 at 02:53 AM.