Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default John Stockton gets cancelled

Gonzaga suspends John Stockton's men's basketball tickets for failure to follow COVID-19 mask mandate

Gonzaga has suspended John Stockton's men's basketball season tickets because of the Hall of Famer's failure to follow the school's mask mandate, he confirmed to The Spokesman-Review.

Stockton, whose No. 12 jersey is retired by the school, told the newspaper that he was informed of the decision by Gonzaga athletic director Chris Standiford. Stockton described the conversation as "congenial" but "not pleasant."

"Basically, it came down to, they were asking me to wear a mask to the games and being a public figure, someone a little bit more visible, I stuck out in the crowd a little bit," Stockton told the newspaper. "And therefore they received complaints and felt like from whatever the higher-ups -- those weren't discussed, but from whatever it was higher up -- they were going to have to either ask me to wear a mask or they were going to suspend my tickets."

Default Re: John Stockton gets cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by OP
    Duh-uhhhh-uhhh

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Wrong account bro

Alpha Male Stockton.

Beta Male RR3.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Wrong account bro

Banned

Well if you don't want to wear a mask, just wear your ring then. Oh ya you don't have a ring hahahahah what a bigot piece of shit

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Stockton was always a real one.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I saw something on Twitter about him saying 150 pro athletes had dropped dead on the field after being vaccinated. Some weird quote like that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I saw something on Twitter about him saying 150 pro athletes had dropped dead on the field after being vaccinated. Some weird quote like that.

hes right

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

He’s right. None of those athletes needed to be vaccinated. They have said countless times that vaccination does not prevent the spread to others, it’s about personal protection. Young healthy people do not need to be protected. It’s unnecessary. The chances of them having an adverse reaction to the vaccine is greater than anything they are gaining from protection from a virus that is harmless to begin with.

(Disclaimer: If some neurotic nutbag tries to do some absurd mental gymnastics out of this I’m not even going to respond)

Apparently he’s even made a documentary about the whole vaccine controversy. Kinda surprising for a guy we think of as being quiet and modest. Apparently he’s got some pretty strong feelings about what’s going on.

Regardless, good for him telling the University they can keep their tickets.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Selfish

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I disagree but can understand not wanting to take the vaccine. Refusing to mask I have no sympathy for.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    I disagree but can understand not wanting to take the vaccine. Refusing to mask I have no sympathy for.
    Nobody’s asking for your sympathy. Youre a low IQ, low testosterone reject of a male specimen

According to the article they dont even strictly enforce masks but specifically asked Stockton to keep it on because of his “high profile.” He declined so they pulled his tickets. He didnt complain or make a fuss about it. He just chose to give up his tickets.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Nobody’s asking for your sympathy. Youre a low IQ, low testosterone reject of a male specimen

According to the article they dont even strictly enforce masks but specifically asked Stockton to keep it on because of his “high profile.” He declined so they pulled his tickets. He didnt complain or make a fuss about it. He just chose to give up his tickets.
    Why does this piece of shit think his opinion is important to me?