• Kevin Garnett

20 40.00%
  • Kevin Durant

30 60.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KD or KG

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Default KD or KG

Yeah different positions but who was/is simply better?

Default Re: KD or KG

Mods?

The ISH'ers Champion!

I love the privacy of this poll.

Ain't surprised it's tied...

Facts Are Misleading

Durant pretty easily for me.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

KD easily

Why are some of you dumb****s saying "mods" and or acting like this is a ridiculous question to pose... it isn't...

If you think it's a ridiculous question, that's because your puny brain only sees ISO scoring and that's it.

It's a perfectly legitimate thread and the two of them aren't terribly far off.

Peak for peak? I'd rather have KG but I wouldn't be mad at anyone that says Durant. I would be mad at anyone that says "Durant easily" because that's just nonsensical idiocy.

You put KG on the 2017 Warriors instead of Durant and you might be pushing 75+ wins.

National High School Star

Transcendent offense and decent defense

Vs

Transcendent defense and very good (but not great) offense.

I'll take the former over a guy who who never scored more than 35 points in a the playoffs.

i chose KD because i valued scoring and three-pointers over front court shit

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    Why are some of you dumb****s saying "mods" and or acting like this is a ridiculous question to pose... it isn't...

If you think it's a ridiculous question, that's because your puny brain only sees ISO scoring and that's it.

Peak for peak? I'd rather have KG but I wouldn't be mad at anyone that says Durant. I would be mad at anyone that says "Durant easily" because that's just nonsensical idiocy.

You put KG on the 2017 Warriors instead of Durant and you might be pushing 75+ wins.
    This. KG is like a Bill Gates

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

KD.

KG highly overrated.

KD is so much better offensively and was actually a damn good defender for a while.

KG's offense was actually fairly limited.

Mid-range jumper (standstill or off pick-n-pop) or post fade turnaround. His passing out of the post was great as well, but outside of that, he wasn't breaking any boundaries on offense.

Meanwhile, KD is one of the most purely talented basketball players the game has seen.

Yes, KG's defensive impact was great, but b/c KD is no slouch himself...it's definitely not enough to give him any kind of edge overall.

KD. In a landslide.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Durant is quicker, smoother, and almost feather like in his ability to rain in from anywhere. Hes obviously not as good defensively as garnett but i think hes the better piece all things considered.

Lol. KD. You take dominant GOAT tier offense over GOAT tier D. Nothing is more important than GOAT tier O.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon

KG on those Warrior teams would be deadly but they still wouldn't have their stone cold closer. They would have the same problems.

Would be interesting af though..

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    KG on those Warrior teams would be deadly but they still wouldn't have their stone cold closer. They would have the same problems.

Would be interesting af though..
    It'd still be game over for the league Just for context, the Warriors would be getting the '04, MVP version of KG if he were to join them at the same age that Durant did