Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Liz Cambage mad Becky Hammon got a giant wnba coaching contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Shes not just an unattractive human when properly dressed and not on athlete mode. She is by internet guy who only ****s 10s and didn’t actually lose his virginity to a 4.6 who probably caught hpv from her 10 grade drivers ed teacher standards. But at a normal size you wouldn’t notice her standing out for being ugly. It’s being 6’8” that would be weird.

And the “internet guy” being referenced doesn’t mean you for the record just….the usual internet badass who only ****s models. You know that guy. We all know that guy. There are millions. You know every average woman online is ugly but at work half of them wanna **** her.
    Honestly, I've seen more of the decently attractive WNBA and college players take the "sex sells" route. I have no problem with it. Women can be better than men in a lot of industries but basketball and football is just going to be tough for them. They got better parity in Soccer and Tennis and if you take away the Williams sisters who were like Lebron freak in that sport, every other woman gets destroyed by sampras or agasi.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Oh and Liz Cambage is the wnba player who did playboy. She also has an only fans who as of 20 minutes ago became my first subscription ever on there just out of curiosity. And because hers is free. I learned that the real nudity is hidden behind what I’ll call a “tip wall” where you can pay a dollar or two for the real shit and the free is just kinda racy.

Im not paying to see whatever is behind:

”If you walked in on me like this, what would your first move be? ��”

I admit I’m curious to see what it might be but….not 8 dollars curious. And I say that despite having a current budget of 3k to blow in King of Diamonds in Miami when I’m down there next weekend. Not that I’ll actually spend that much but I can’t allow myself to be the “Lil bro” broke one of the group I’ll be with. Now if Jimmy Butler comes in I’m putting all my shit up. I’ll allow an athlete to “Lil bro” me and make me look broke. That’s not a winnable fight.

The 49ers absolutely put me in my place in Onyx Atlanta once. Not on purpose but when the money platters come out you put your lil money up and play your background role. But I won’t be put in my place by the people I’m with. So I have to take a little money…but I will spend absolutely none of it to see this bitch on all fours like I assume she might be in those paid pictures:

That's a tranny

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSThompson View Post
    who are these morons paying so much for something so shitty. the nba gets 1.4 million viewers per game on average. Tucker Carlson gets 4.3 million viewers. by that logic tucker alone should get a 300 billion dollar contract from fox.. or at least 1/5th or 1/8th that amount to balance out all the games on tv per night. but then you gotta factor in that tucker has no off season
    His show is an hour long, and his audience doesn't know how to stream shit. Also, his audience is out of the most profitable demos for advertisements. Nobody is watching Tucker overseas.

The NBA has 1230 regular season games a year, which all show ~40 minutes of ads. That's 820 hours of ads, based on my estimates (REGULAR SEASON ONLY!). Add in the playoffs (estimating an average of 6 games a series, 40 minutes of ads a game) and that's about 60 hours of ads, with a lot of viewers. Also, 40 minutes of ads is probably a low estimate.

If Tucker goes 5 nights a week for 52 weeks a year, that's 260 episodes of a 1 hour show. 20 minutes of ads an episode means he's selling 87 hours of ads a year.

He's selling ~1/10th the amount of ads as the NBA, to a less valuable demographic. This is only counting TV ads, which leaves out a ton of the NBA's marketing value.

This isn’t a “Pay wnba players more” thing for the obvious reason. The wnba loses money so all of it is literally a gift for PC purposes. It’s just weird to me with all the billions flying around they don’t pay more for their PC reasons. Ballmer gains or loses the entire wnbas yearly payroll in seconds. They pay like 15 million to the entire league.
    This is exactly why the NBA needs to triple or quadruple the pay of WNBA players. They can afford it. It's also stupid to frame this as "PC reasons" as if it's just a matter of decorum. You realize hundreds of thousands of girls enjoy playing basketball, right? And that it's only fair that there should be a professional level of competition that they should be able to aspire to. This is the purpose of the WNBA. But that level of competition is always going to be hampered if you don't provide girls the incentive to train hard and become not just pro-level players, but good enough to actually advance and evolve the womens game so that the quality of their game is better. If the pay is mediocre, the quality will be mediocre. This is true across any business, and it's stupid to reduce the discourse simply to TV ratings.

The idea that something has to be profitable in order to exist is a recent and novel idea that has existed for a small fraction of how long our societies have existed. But the same people who swear on the concept as if it were the Bible get upset when you suggest tripling WNBA salaries while oblivious to the fact that NBA owners pig out on half the revenue the NBA generates even if their positions literally produce no work or no labor. Owning arenas and signing checks is not real work but they make billions regardless and chud ass sports fans are too stupid to see the forest for the trees here.

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    This is exactly why the NBA needs to triple or quadruple the pay of WNBA players. They can afford it. It's also stupid to frame this as "PC reasons" as if it's just a matter of decorum. You realize hundreds of thousands of girls enjoy playing basketball, right? And that it's only fair that there should be a professional level of competition that they should be able to aspire to. This is the purpose of the WNBA. But that level of competition is always going to be hampered if you don't provide girls the incentive to train hard and become not just pro-level players, but good enough to actually advance and evolve the womens game so that the quality of their game is better. If the pay is mediocre, the quality will be mediocre. This is true across any business, and it's stupid to reduce the discourse simply to TV ratings.

The idea that something has to be profitable in order to exist is a recent and novel idea that has existed for a small fraction of how long our societies have existed. But the same people who swear on the concept as if it were the Bible get upset when you suggest tripling WNBA salaries while oblivious to the fact that NBA owners pig out on half the revenue the NBA generates even if their positions literally produce no work or no labor. Owning arenas and signing checks is not real work but they make billions regardless and chud ass sports fans are too stupid to see the forest for the trees here.

Imagine spending thousands at a strip club, what a waste

It’s always easy to point the finger.

If someone asked you to triple or quadruple your annual charitable givings because they decided this or that cause deserved more, you probably wouldnt. Youre already doing what makes sense for you. Why is that someone else’s business?

I think it’s great the NBA subsidizes women’s basketball as a service to the public. I think it’s also their prerogative to do it on their terms.

That said, it is weird they would give that much to a coach when the players make proportionally so much less. But again... who really cares? That stuff is between the parties involved. Not you or me.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

So people who own a business shouldn’t make money from it? Who is supposed to make it? If it’s the employees exclusively…why create the business to begin with?

And I’m not sure there is anything unfair about the gender situation. The nba isn’t for men alone. The nba is for the best. If a female were good enough there is no rule stopping them from being in the nba. I’m not sure an equally funded much lower level is a matter of fairness.

The wnba max salary is being paid 7k for a nights work that loses your employer money to even provide. It’s 225K for I believe 3 months of work. And that 225K is for some players not enough to risk injury for their real league overseas.

Making enough doing what you love to refuse 100-200K for a summer job isn’t exactly poverty.

Its poverty relative to people who can generate a 75 billion dollar digital rights deal to do what you do. It’s not poverty relative to generated interest is it?

athletes make absurd money because they generate absurd money. People don’t like to see it but it’s hard to argue with. Paying absurd money to a league that doesn’t generate any would seem to give ammo to the “That job does not deserve so much money” crowd. It’s just outright charity at that point and I’m sure we can both think of better uses of charitable donations of millions than athletes.

If you’re just handing out money…not because the recipients create it….but just because they play sports?

That’s when it’s kinda…grimy to me. If it came out the nba was gonna pay every g league player 4 million for their league nobody watches we’d start hearing a lot about the dreaded homeless veterans, underpaid teachers, and medical assistants.

And I feel like you might be someone we would hear from on it. But the nba should make every female player a millionaire out of sheer charity as some kinda theoretical long term investment?

The entire enterprise is essentially charity as it is. I can think of better places for charity to be directed.

Women sports can make money….depending on the sport. It just doesn’t feel like the interest is there to do it on a pro level in basketball. Sponsors have female tennis players eating good.

Maybe the difference is how many resources were poured into them in the sports infancy. I can’t say. But I can say they seem to earn their money. If other athletes don’t I don’t know if it’s a moral issue to invest untold millions till they do no matter their gender.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

And I’m not sure there is anything unfair about the gender situation. The nba isn’t for men alone. The nba is for the best. If a female were good enough there is no rule stopping them from being in the nba. I’m not sure an equally funded much lower level is a matter of fairness.
    If we go purely by a ratio of skill to pay, it's unfair for G leaguers who would average 100 ppg in the wnba and make $30k.

I just went through the profiles of all the owners in the NBA. 23/30 primary owners were heirs, real estate, or private equity guys. Somehow, I think we could get basketball on TV without them.

I'm thinking about this idea of "subsidies". As a society, aren't we subsidizing these people who have massive asset holdings, spread out over the country (or world?).

For example, Dan Gilbert founded Quicken Loans (Rocket Mortgage now). A mortgage is a fairly simple concept, and it is predicated on the fact that if you cannot repay the loan, the house reverts to the bank as collateral. However, this depends on the ability to evict the occupant. This would be much less profitable if you had to find your own goons to go eject people, especially without the authority of the state backing up your violence. In our society we direct a lot of money towards the police and legal system to enforce ownership and contracts, so businesses and investors do not have to take on these costs themselves. This is why one man can own a billion dollars worth of real estate or loans payable.
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 02-02-2022 at 09:15 PM.

Becky deserves it.

Lightbulb Re: Liz Cambage mad Becky Hammon got a giant wnba coaching contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el View Post
    I just went through the profiles of all the owners in the NBA. 23/30 primary owners were heirs, real estate, or private equity guys. Somehow, I think we could get basketball on TV without them.

So why hasnt anybody done it?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el View Post
    Nobody would care about it though. I watched a few lockout league games that were entertaining for what they were…but without the structure the nba has in place? Just not an attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    So why hasnt anybody done it?
    Institutions can be very resilient.

https://instagram.com/ecambage/

I think she's modestly attractive, though not my personal type. I agree with the "internet guy" remarks. There's a lot of people that have just 1 cookie cutter standard of beauty.