Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Retired

Default watching the "tuck rule" 30 for 30. the rule itself makes no sense

what QB tucks the ball unless they're running with it. it should be "the control" rule with 2 hands

the ruling on the field was "his arm was going forward for the pass"

so the tuck rule isn't even what was called and its been used since because it was proven brady stopped his forward motion and began to bring the ball back. but not to "tuck" the football ( as everyone argues ) but to control the football with 2 hands. and he ALMOST gets there but doesn't make it and when the ball is in just one hand its easy to strip.

this is what people think/argue that brady was trying to do

but what QB does this in the pocket lol. tucking the ball makes zero sense. tom was trying to control the football with 2 hands like this

but instead he was trying to get back there after his forward motion and was stuck like this when he was hit

he hadn't gotten his left hand on the football yet... in that case its an incomplete pass because until he secures the ball is still part of the last forward motion. its a stupid rule but it is a rule. it just needs to be changed from "the tuck rule" to "the control rule"

all that being said i still think it should be a fumble and the rules bullshit. after the forward motion is finished its open to getting stripped IMO
    Last edited by John_Connor; 02-06-2022 at 10:50 PM.

Retired

Default Re: watching the "tuck rule" 30 for 30. the rule itself makes no sense

now i'm watching a second 30 for 30 and just found out that if it wasn't for 9/11 tom brady's career as a patriot never happens

9/11 caused them to postpone their next game and cause of that drew bledsoe got hurt and sent to the hospital in that rescheduled game and that basically ended his career there

OP is a fagg0t with chinese made baseball cards.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Connor View Post
    now i'm watching a second 30 for 30 and just found out that if it wasn't for 9/11 tom brady's career as a patriot never happens

9/11 caused them to postpone their next game and cause of that drew bledsoe got hurt and sent to the hospital in that rescheduled game and that basically ended his career there

I'm honestly astonished they brought that up. I always thought that would be considered too morbid/too anti PC to bring up the fact that Brady's career, whether you like it or not, was jumpstarted by 9/11.

No 9/11, no reorganizing the schedule, no playing the Jets that week, no Mo Lewis hit on Bledsoe. Not quite the Disney, feel good story they'd like to sell, but that's the way things factually went down

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

This loss still hurts me, as a kid I remember being dragged to Walmart by my parents when this game was on, watched the game in the electronics section, got home in time for the 4th quarter and the rest is history. We were easily the best team in the AFC that year, could have beat the no QB Steelers the next week, but I'm not so sure we beat that dominant Rams team, but that Pats did and they were like 14 point underdogs.

I never understood that whole Tuck rule crap. It was a pump-fake and should never have been considered an incomplete pass. He wasn't trying to tuck it toward his body either to run it or anything - he was going to pass the ball after the pump-fake & that's when Woodson pushed the ball out.. The rule made no sense to me. If you straighten your arm but make no attempt to throw the ball, it is still considered an attempted pass.

Brady got away with a fumble over nonsense. My thought was that the referees called the first nonsense they could think of, and the NFL ofc couldn't admit it was a f*ckup in their biggest game of the season. What can they do after the call has been made? I'm just surprised it took over a decade to get rid of the tuck rule. Almost like the NFL was trying to save face afterwards, waiting until everyone forgot about it before doing away with it.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Most of bradys rings don't count

Carried, cheated, BS etc

He's got maybe 2 overall.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Most of bradys rings don't count

Carried, cheated, BS etc

He's got maybe 2 overall.
    sounds like someone we know. another guy with crazy longevity that seemingly improves with age somehow. but look on the bright side. if brady at 44 throwing the ball like prime aaron rodgers didn't raise any eye brows i doubt your boy will get investigated either

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    This loss still hurts me, as a kid I remember being dragged to Walmart by my parents when this game was on, watched the game in the electronics section, got home in time for the 4th quarter and the rest is history. We were easily the best team in the AFC that year, could have beat the no QB Steelers the next week, but I'm not so sure we beat that dominant Rams team, but that Pats did and they were like 14 point underdogs.
    That was a painful couple of years for the Raiders

Host the AFC Title Game and get dominated by the Ravens defense, inexplicably give up a 96 yard TD to Sharpe on 3rd & 18, then see Siragusa crush Gannon. If they had won this game, I think the Raiders would've beaten the Giants in the Super Bowl.

The Tuck Rule followed by Vinatieri's improbable 45 yard kick in a blizzard. Probably the most painful loss in franchise history, either that or the Immaculate Reception.

Make the Super Bowl and have the total misfortune of playing your former coach that you just traded, proceed to get annihilated.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    That was a painful couple of years for the Raiders

Host the AFC Title Game and get dominated by the Ravens defense, inexplicably give up a 96 yard TD to Sharpe on 3rd & 18, then see Siragusa crush Gannon. If they had won this game, I think the Raiders would've beaten the Giants in the Super Bowl.

The Tuck Rule followed by Vinatieri's improbable 45 yard kick in a blizzard. Probably the most painful loss in franchise history, either that or the Immaculate Reception.

Make the Super Bowl and have the total misfortune of playing your former coach that you just traded, proceed to get annihilated.
    Not only that, but our starting pro bowl Center Barret Robbins went on a manic episode and drove to Mexico before the game to celebrate thinking we already won. Not mention that our head coach decided to change the gameplan last minute like a moron.

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Not only that, but our starting pro bowl Center Barret Robbins went on a manic episode and drove to Mexico before the game to celebrate thinking we already won. Not mention that our head coach decided to change the gameplan last minute like a moron.

How many years did you play with them?

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Sorry can't watch this. Too painful 20 years later.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32 View Post
    Sorry can't watch this. Too painful 20 years later.
    Until you find out he voted for Trump and then you don't consider him a real human being anymore, just a racist piece of crap that should die, right?

You're a scumbag.

Arm was going forward. GG.

Decent playground baller

Robbins went to Mexico because he was upset about the game plan change, not because he had an episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA6KbNw-3TU