NBA lottery pick

Default Reaction to the trade that sent Marvin Bagley to the Pistons

Not sure how I feel about this. He's had opportunities and hasn't looked good. I guess there's upside there. I just don't like giving up multiple draft picks. Jackson and Lyles fine. Maybe one 2nd. But two of them seems like overkill for a guy who may never be a consistent player. And you have to figure the Pistons are really bad. While I enjoy watching the young core grow, develop and get better this is going to be one of the worst 3 teams in the league record wise. So where they will be drafting they will need to be getting a guy who plays the same position as Bagley more than likely. Plus we still have guys like Jerami Grant and Kelly Olynyk. I don't necessarily see the point of the deal other than they have a big with some upside that they'll likely replace in the draft this off season. I hope that with a change of scenery that he reaches his potential. I'll just try to stay positive and hope this turns into a good deal.

Default Re: Bagley To Detroit

Love reading your Pistons takes.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Bagley To Detroit

Whoops - see below
    Last edited by insidehoops; 03-01-2022 at 01:22 AM.

Default Re: Reaction to the trade that sent Marvin Bagley to the Pistons

Holy crap, I accidentally edited your post while I was replying to it. I meant to click "reply" and somehow instead clicked "edit."

WTF.

Sorry about that! Obviously I saw your reply. I then deleted it because it looked strange.

That was an accident obviously.

As I meant to say: yup, I hear you. Would be cool to round a few Pistons fans up.

Will be easier when they are better, of course.

What's interesting though is, they DO read the posts here.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Reaction to the trade that sent Marvin Bagley to the Pistons

After seeing how he closed the season out with the Pistons I'm hoping they are bringing him back. That would be a very interesting young core of Cunningham, Ivey, Bey, Bagley, Duren, and then another lottery pick in Hayes coming off the bench with Stewart as a backup too.