Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Retired

Default Re: Kobe Bryant vs. Hakeem Olajuwon

only on anonymous message boards where every kobe fan is banned and the only ones left are on their 150th alt is there a discussion about curry or hakeem or robinson or garnett being above kobe all time

yeah yeah we all get it guys. you've all been here for 15 years crying and making new voted lists every year cause most guys in and around the nba still put kobe above your idols and it eats you up inside

notice no kobe/mj fans do this anymore other than deranged 3ball .. most fans of them have moved on and are content with their guys legacies

i have lebron top 3 all time now with kobe and jordan. its a consensus. its silly to argue it. you guys post "gasol > kobe" threads every other day too. get a damn grip on reality lol

no real people agree with you

your level of hatred wouldn't be what it is if kobe was behind hakeem. you would be shitting on hakeem if he was anywhere near kobe/lebron/MJ are cause they're the "IT" guys

Retired

wheres hakeem guys ... wheres gasol... wheres garnett and david robinson... wheres the backpicks rankings formula bruh

wheres their ISH/realgm criteria

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by John_Connor View Post
    only on anonymous message boards where every kobe fan is banned and the only ones left are on their 150th alt is there a discussion about curry or hakeem or robinson or garnett being above kobe all time

yeah yeah we all get it guys. you've all been here for 15 years crying and making new voted lists every year cause most guys in and around the nba still put kobe above your idols and it eats you up inside

notice no kobe/mj fans do this anymore other than deranged 3ball .. most fans of them have moved on and are content with their guys legacies

i have lebron top 3 all time now with kobe and jordan. its a consensus. its silly to argue it. you guys post "gasol > kobe" threads every other day too. get a damn grip on reality lol

your level of hatred wouldn't be what it is if kobe was behind hakeem. you would be shitting on hakeem if he was anywhere near kobe/lebron/MJ are cause they're the "IT" guys

What about henry abott

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Only in your sick head is Kobe being top 3 the consensus.

He's usually ranked around top 9-12 among fans and media.

It's not just insidehoops and realgm (who both voted him outside the top 10)

Hell, I just googled "Where does Kobe rank all-time reddit" just to see what they had to say and found this thread where most people ranked him between 8-13. Face facts, he's closer to Hakeem than he is LeBron.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nbadiscussi...obe_stans_and/

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Anfernee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Who ranks higher is one thing, but discussing who the better basketball player was? I honestly don't see how anyone could pick Kobe over Hakeem. He basically matches Kobe in his greatest asset while being one of the greatest defensive players ever. And as you pointed out, wipes the floor with Kobe in big games & clutch performances.

And comparing their playoff runs? Hakeem had one of the greatest carry jobs ever in '94, then defeated a gauntlet of superstars and HOF's all on the road in '95. He went h2h with the greatest centers of his era, obliterating Ewing & Robinson and outplaying Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Connor View Post

Why did you cut off the rest of that list? Worried that having Iverson top 5 would delegitimatize it

Imagine using a list that has Iverson top 5 as proof that you're right and telling other people to get a grip on reality.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Only in your sick head is Kobe being top 3 the consensus.

He's usually ranked around top 9-12 among fans and media.

It's not just insidehoops and realgm (who both voted him outside the top 10)

Hell, I just googled "Where does Kobe rank all-time reddit" just to see what they had to say and found this thread where most people ranked him between 8-13. Face facts, he's closer to Hakeem than he is LeBron.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nbadiscussi...obe_stans_and/
    kobes top 3 consensus among players and top 5 consensus among fans

there is factual data to back this up

your opinion is literally only agreed with by henry abbott who got fired by espn soon after he first released his kobe 12th ranking list voted on by hooptv insider experts or whatever they're called at espn and literally all of them are unemployed now... even nick wright has kobe in his top 10 and above shaq. and hes the biggest kobe hater on tv

realgm and ISH are now the only places ranking kobe as low as you... and its due to mostly a hoard of alts by lebron loving admins like steve and its even worse on realgm. i can't even step foot in there without getting IP banned right away. here i can at least last a month sometimes.

its no wonder stalker left this place. i'm literally the only kobe fan left that posts here. do you even realize that? 3balls a jordan fan. i have a few guys here that back me up sometimes but they're spurs/warriors fans or something.

debating kobe here is like trying to talk positive about trump on twitter or facebook. you're like a left wing big tech company and lebron is joe biden.

he can do no wrong and kobe trump is orange man bad.

we get it. you're all suffering from mass formation psychosis. luckily for me i have no mass formation of kobe fans to drive me down to your level. so i've basically moved on and just don't care anymore. kobe, lebron and jordan will be above every other player that ever existed until the next all time great comes along. and then maybe jordan is forgotten like magic and bird were. its simply a generational thing. its all opinion based. its about respect and subjective bias. there is literally no way to compare guys from different eras because the game changes and so does their competition. its a silly thing to do. kobe only played hakeem a few times as a young kid and hakeem was old as hell. they never once defended each other. its a stupid debate/comparison

you're only doing this because you're insecure about lebron right now. hes getting old. his team sucks and you just made your all time top 50 voted list 2 months ago so you need a way to shit on kobe. you just did your gasol is the real mvp of the finals thing a few days ago and now you're pissed the lakers didn't make a move to get rid of westbrook

i get it. you're near suicide. its tough. it took me a long time to find another guy to really get behind and not just "like"... i love luka now. hes just like kobe was with his back against the wall and the media trying to bury him cause he doesn't fit their black agenda. hes an outsider. hes not american. hes not a flashy dunker like ja morant. i can see why his 51 point game would be overlooked and his mvp type season would get zero love. i know why the tnt crew went nuts when ja made it over him as a starter for the allstar game. i also know why durant picked booker over him as the first allstar reserve selection. hes best friends with kyrie. the guy that said a white guy shouldn't be the logo cause he doesn't represent black excellence.

hes a great underdog story. the media calling him fat all year. him quickly shedding the pounds and putting on a show for over a month with little recognition. this is what drives me as a fan. its way more exciting when the media is against your guy. you want him to prove them wrong. which is why i can also understand why you guys have had an absolutely boring past 15 years worshipping lebron. because hes always gotten love from the media for the most part. hes been their poster boy since 2012 and also was from 2004 till 2010... only 1 year did you guys know what it was like to cheer a villain. it was cool wasn't it.. too bad lebron shat the bed and ruined that bad guy season. but that feeling is how us kobe fans have felt since 2003 and now i feel it for luka. i've found my passion. i pray for your sake you find another one cause lebrons time is coming to an end and theres only so many all time lists you can make before you put a bullet through the back of your skull

Retired

and btw 10 to 20 reddit dorks is no different than an ISH/realgm vote.

you know damn well the average internet goon is a lebron fan. kobe fans are mostly all my age with families and kids lol. most fans in general move on after their guy retired.

I'm sure if this was 2006 to 2010 still things would be different

everyone knows the true gauge for rankings among fans in general is ranker cause it's simple. no account needed. no admins. if there's duplicates they're usually not enough to sway the vote too much cause you would have to go to the trouble of changing vpn's 20,000 times.. but I've seen kobes ranking on there fluctuate the last few times I mentioned ranker so I wouldn't put it past Steve to go ape shit one more time on there

but top 5 is around where most fans have kobe. just as I said

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    Kobe because he was just flat out better
    Nah

Hakeem taught him moves not the other way around, fool!

Hakeem is higher and was the better player overall.

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld View Post
    Nah

I think people are confusing better player with overall career accomplishments (body of work - what most people judge their GOAT list on). Interesting tidbits from wiki - who Hakeem learned from:

Olajuwon did not play basketball until the age of 15 in high school, when he entered a local tournament while at the Muslim Teachers College in Lagos, Nigeria.[7] It has been said that a coach in Nigeria once asked him to dunk and demonstrated while standing on a chair. Olajuwon then tried to stand on the chair himself. When redirected by staff not to use the chair, Hakeem could initially not dunk the basketball.[11] - LOL

Olajuwon sought advice from the coaching staff about how to increase his playing time, and they advised him to work out with local Houston resident and multiple NBA MVP winner, Moses Malone. Malone, who was then a center on the NBA's Houston Rockets, played games every off-season with several NBA players at the Fonde Recreation Center. Olajuwon joined the workouts and went head to head with Malone in several games throughout the summer. Olajuwon credited this experience with rapidly improving his game: "The way Moses helped me is by being out there playing and allowing me to go against that level of competition. He was the best center in the NBA at the time, so I was trying to improve my game against the best."[9]

Moses was like a freight train back in those days - unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Why did you cut off the rest of that list? Worried that having Iverson top 5 would delegitimatize it

Imagine using a list that has Iverson top 5 as proof that you're right and telling other people to get a grip on reality.

Just the other day he was clowning Iverson, saying fans and players overrated him because he was "cool". Now he uses a fan list that his him #5 all-time to prove a point. How pathetic.

I can go on and on, the most in depth greatest players list I've ever seen doesn't even have Kobe top 10 while LeBron was #2 on his list.

https://backpicks.com/2017/12/11/the...n-nba-history/

Yall lebron stans gonna act like iverson isnt atleast a top 10 player of all time? Hell even shaq said he was top 5. Using iverson is a bad example b1tches

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    Yall lebron stans gonna act like iverson isnt atleast a top 10 player of all time? Hell even shaq said he was top 5. Using iverson is a bad example b1tches
    This is what a Kobe stan had to say about Iverson...

https://vocaroo.com/1aG73lOeMFk3

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld View Post
    Nah

kobe literally never even used those moves and had a full post game before going to work out with Hakeem lol

you know that was in like 2011 right. his career was basically over by then

kobes post fade/hook/reverse pivot/step through/off the backboard to himself/reverse baseline spin and many more moves were already in his arsenal

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post

Just the other day he was clowning Iverson, saying fans and players overrated him because he was "cool". Now he uses a fan list that his him #5 all-time to prove a point. How pathetic.

I can go on and on, the most in depth greatest players list I've ever seen doesn't even have Kobe top 10 while LeBron was #2 on his list.

https://backpicks.com/2017/12/11/the...n-nba-history/
    I said kobe has the player and fan vote on his side. then provide player and fan voting results and you mock me for using the player and fan votes to prove he has players and fans on his side. sorry I didn't use an obscure message board formula invented by a guy that favors analytics that heavily weigh rebounds and blocks over titles and all nba teams

like I said at most you have a few basement dwelling kobe hating internet trolls that run message boards and ban every kobe fan.