Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oppenheimer

Default Re: Oppenheimer

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Right Wingers are upset the movie isn't pro-bomb.

The movie was a great watch, highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32 View Post
    Right Wingers are upset the movie isn't pro-bomb.
    It must a sad, pathetic, miserable life to equate every single aspect of life to a political party.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    It must a sad, pathetic, miserable life to equate every single aspect of life to a political party.
    Majority of active posters here are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    Einstein showed zero scientific insight whatsoever until about a year after he got a job as a patent clerk... then suddenly at age 26 he published several of the most important scientific papers of all time - Light as a wave, the theory of spacetime, mass = energy... He published all of these ideas within one year.

How many scientists accomplish virtually nothing before the age 26, then publish 4 of the most significant scientific theories of all time within one year, then go back to being scientifically irrelevant for the rest of their life... Because thats the mainstream narrative for mr Einstein.
    I DUNNO DUDE. Haha. Ahem. But let me shitpost a bit? It is my talent after all. Two interesting things: ONE, I can tell you by my own brain growth and people's research on the brain that that's about when you would actually 'be there.' Some people surpassed it in a way that I don't understand... like Van Morrison did Astral Weeks at 20~, and most people probably don't realize how ridiculous that was. I had a lot going on in my 'writing' at that age, but it was not really coherent. And yeah, let's compare Astral Weeks to the Atom Bomb, but really, go back and listen to that. And think some 20 year old came up with the music and lyrics... of course, there were other people involved, but it's still DUMM.

The second is that me, as the resident expert in brains (loool,) Nah, but if you really do assume some people's minds are ALL possibilities, spinning and trying to connect things ALL THE TIME, once something clicks, a bunch of other things align, too. People whose brains are like that on that level are very inept in reality (at least, they are working way below their brains capability.) 26 is really, really young to accomplish anything. Once you make that first connection, though, it's like bam bam bam. Or whatever Joe Biden says.

I think his genius is proved by his ineptitude. That and reading his words, no matter who they are, people's words are the truest gate way to their mind. People who are 'just numbers' can't really express deep thought as words, but he could. That, to me, means he was more than numbers, that he was building systems and once you get that system built, that's it. But I mean, what do you do after that? Build another system? Why? Esp when you are like HMM I GOT A BUNCH OF PEOPLE KILT THO. If you have the money to live... it's not like being Tiger Woods where you have to defend your legacy + have a contract and have people breathing down your neck. Perhaps it was his desire to just relax. I def don't think he was irrelevant. I mean, knowing what he knew (and honestly, he probably knew more? And he probably wasn't 'wrong' when people say he was proved wrong, he probably just worded it wrong or wasn't able to really flesh out the idea) he needed to exist and continue to spread his ideas. He might have been one of the few people who could really explain those ideas to other people, lay people or whatever, and he was the creator of them, so him going around and even talking to people, the rest of his life could be just that, and it's not irrelevance. Like I said, don't look at this like an athlete's prime or something.

Einstein was irrelevant and has a narrative driving his success, but why was he even there? I am a big fan of Lord Superb who is said to have influenced a lot of Wu Tang (esp Ghostface,) and after Perb got mad at being irrelevant, he kinda came out and was like YO I WAS THE ONE WHO DID ALL THAT STUFF, and everyone was like nah, this dude a bum, etc. But, the question remains... and you can say the same thing about Einstein. Why did dudes even have him in the "studio?" There's no doubting he was there. And the only people who can really be real about who the driver of those theories was... are the people who were on his 'team.' I haven't gone deep on researching Einstein (legit prol know more about Lord Superb haha,) but is there even anyone who was in there with him that was like yeahhh Einstein was a bum, he's just the one they chose, etc. I don't recall hearing it.

He was superbly (no pun!!) lucky to even be in a spot where he could do something at that age, though, so you can't say luck has no meaning, but when you are surrounded by all of these ideas, all of these numbers, and your mind is just a connector of things, it makes perfect sense that it would happen, and then it also makes sense if he went away from it, that it would go away. The brain is a muscle, as the saying goes, and one thing I do remember is people said Einstein's brain was remarkably 'used' even into his old age. What surprised people was how it didn't deteriorate the same way (maybe I'm flubbing this heh, but look it up, it's something like that?) and by that it was proved or theorized that he was doing deep thinking way longer than most people are. You can never stop connecting things. Trust me. lol.

Re Oppen, I really like the am become quote. I have def played off it in writing. The reason it interests me is THE NAME OF GOD is I AM. Or it was said at first "I AM WHO AM." I am sure it means something different in original language, so I think I AM fits so much better. If you think of that, there's (almost) nothing you can add or subtract from that. Does that make sense? I'm not being condescending, really asking. It is basically SELF/ENTITY... EXISTS. DOES EXIST. WILL EXIST, etc. It's a very powerful statement. When you add in BECOME, that's something you can actually add, a transformative thing and DEATH is just like OOOHHHHMIIII. I am---> I am become death is a super crazy sentence, and yeah it was from other 'scriptures' of sorts, but that sentence, to a deep reader, is something that should make your skin crawl.

Peace!

-Smak

Peep at nanners:

https://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/ein...hattan-project

Really digest that.

-Smak

Great film. I thought I would get bored or fall asleep due to the running time but Nolan puts sound and action at just the right intervals to keep you focused. Robert Downy Jr's performance was especially good.

Christopher Nolan’s latest blockbuster movie “Oppenheimer” has sparked controversy among the Hindu-right in India, with some calling for a boycott and demanding the removal of a sex scene in which the titular character utters a famous line from the religion’s holy scripture.

The film tells the story of the atomic bomb through the lens of its creator, Robert Oppenheimer, and the scene in question depicts actor Cillian Murphy, who plays the lead role, having sex with Florence Pugh, who plays his lover Jean Tatlock.

Pugh stops during intercourse and picks up a copy of the Bhagavad Gita, one of Hinduism’s holiest scriptures, and asks Murphy to read from it.

“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds,” Oppenheimer’s character says, as they resume intercourse.

The scene has caused outrage among some right-wing groups, with a politician from India’s Hindu-nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) calling the film a “disturbing attack on Hinduism” and accusing it of being “part of a larger conspiracy by anti-Hindu forces.”

In a statement Saturday, India’s Information Commissioner, Uday Mahurkar, said the scene was “a direct assault on religious beliefs of a billion tolerant Hindus,” likening it to “waging a war on the Hindu community.

He added: “We believe that if you remove this scene and do the needful to win hearts of Hindus, it will go a long way to establish your credentials as a sensitized human being and gift you friendship of billions of nice people.”

The film has been received well in most quarters in India, which conducted its first nuclear test in 1974, with critics giving it rave reviews and people flocking to cinemas to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Christopher Nolan’s latest blockbuster movie “Oppenheimer” has sparked controversy among the Hindu-right in India, with some calling for a boycott and demanding the removal of a sex scene in which the titular character utters a famous line from the religion’s holy scripture.

The film tells the story of the atomic bomb through the lens of its creator, Robert Oppenheimer, and the scene in question depicts actor Cillian Murphy, who plays the lead role, having sex with Florence Pugh, who plays his lover Jean Tatlock.

Pugh stops during intercourse and picks up a copy of the Bhagavad Gita, one of Hinduism’s holiest scriptures, and asks Murphy to read from it.

“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds,” Oppenheimer’s character says, as they resume intercourse.

The scene has caused outrage among some right-wing groups, with a politician from India’s Hindu-nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) calling the film a “disturbing attack on Hinduism” and accusing it of being “part of a larger conspiracy by anti-Hindu forces.”

In a statement Saturday, India’s Information Commissioner, Uday Mahurkar, said the scene was “a direct assault on religious beliefs of a billion tolerant Hindus,” likening it to “waging a war on the Hindu community.

He added: “We believe that if you remove this scene and do the needful to win hearts of Hindus, it will go a long way to establish your credentials as a sensitized human being and gift you friendship of billions of nice people.”

The film has been received well in most quarters in India, which conducted its first nuclear test in 1974, with critics giving it rave reviews and people flocking to cinemas to watch it.

Sounds similar to the outrage from the far right in this country over the Barbie film.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak View Post
    I DUNNO DUDE. Haha. Ahem. But let me shitpost a bit? It is my talent after all. Two interesting things: ONE, I can tell you by my own brain growth and people's research on the brain that that's about when you would actually 'be there.' Some people surpassed it in a way that I don't understand... like Van Morrison did Astral Weeks at 20~, and most people probably don't realize how ridiculous that was. I had a lot going on in my 'writing' at that age, but it was not really coherent. And yeah, let's compare Astral Weeks to the Atom Bomb, but really, go back and listen to that. And think some 20 year old came up with the music and lyrics... of course, there were other people involved, but it's still DUMM.

The second is that me, as the resident expert in brains (loool,) Nah, but if you really do assume some people's minds are ALL possibilities, spinning and trying to connect things ALL THE TIME, once something clicks, a bunch of other things align, too. People whose brains are like that on that level are very inept in reality (at least, they are working way below their brains capability.) 26 is really, really young to accomplish anything. Once you make that first connection, though, it's like bam bam bam. Or whatever Joe Biden says.
    26 is early for a jabroni like me or you to accomplish something, its not early for the people whose names get written in history books. Anyway the point isnt that it took Einstein 26 years to accomplish anything - the point is that he was seemingly unremarkable until he got his patent office job, then had a brief flurry of brilliance, then produced no other noteworthy science for the rest of his life. Go on wikipedia and compare Einsteins early life and accomplishments before his patent office job to other scientific giants of the time like Nikola Tesla, Alan Turing, Enrico Fermi, Marie Curie, etc...Most revolutionary scientists are blowing peoples socks off from very early on, and all of them published their greatest scientific works while actively doing scientific work inside of high end scientific labs... not working in a patent office.

I think his genius is proved by his ineptitude. That and reading his words, no matter who they are, people's words are the truest gate way to their mind. People who are 'just numbers' can't really express deep thought as words, but he could. That, to me, means he was more than numbers, that he was building systems and once you get that system built, that's it. But I mean, what do you do after that? Build another system? Why? Esp when you are like HMM I GOT A BUNCH OF PEOPLE KILT THO. If you have the money to live... it's not like being Tiger Woods where you have to defend your legacy + have a contract and have people breathing down your neck. Perhaps it was his desire to just relax. I def don't think he was irrelevant. I mean, knowing what he knew (and honestly, he probably knew more? And he probably wasn't 'wrong' when people say he was proved wrong, he probably just worded it wrong or wasn't able to really flesh out the idea) he needed to exist and continue to spread his ideas. He might have been one of the few people who could really explain those ideas to other people, lay people or whatever, and he was the creator of them, so him going around and even talking to people, the rest of his life could be just that, and it's not irrelevance. Like I said, don't look at this like an athlete's prime or something.
    So you have actually read a lot of his words then? Everyone knows his one famous equation, but aside from that what did he even write?

Einstein was irrelevant and has a narrative driving his success, but why was he even there? I am a big fan of Lord Superb who is said to have influenced a lot of Wu Tang (esp Ghostface,) and after Perb got mad at being irrelevant, he kinda came out and was like YO I WAS THE ONE WHO DID ALL THAT STUFF, and everyone was like nah, this dude a bum, etc. But, the question remains... and you can say the same thing about Einstein. Why did dudes even have him in the "studio?" There's no doubting he was there. And the only people who can really be real about who the driver of those theories was... are the people who were on his 'team.' I haven't gone deep on researching Einstein (legit prol know more about Lord Superb haha,) but is there even anyone who was in there with him that was like yeahhh Einstein was a bum, he's just the one they chose, etc. I don't recall hearing it.
    So you think Einstein was legit because you never heard any historical figures calling him a bum? How exactly do you think that history is written? Do you also think that the "good guys" have won every war since america was founded?

He was superbly (no pun!!) lucky to even be in a spot where he could do something at that age, though, so you can't say luck has no meaning, but when you are surrounded by all of these ideas, all of these numbers, and your mind is just a connector of things, it makes perfect sense that it would happen, and then it also makes sense if he went away from it, that it would go away. The brain is a muscle, as the saying goes, and one thing I do remember is people said Einstein's brain was remarkably 'used' even into his old age. What surprised people was how it didn't deteriorate the same way (maybe I'm flubbing this heh, but look it up, it's something like that?) and by that it was proved or theorized that he was doing deep thinking way longer than most people are. You can never stop connecting things. Trust me. lol.
    bro I have no idea wtf you are talking about lol

Re Oppen, I really like the am become quote. I have def played off it in writing. The reason it interests me is THE NAME OF GOD is I AM. Or it was said at first "I AM WHO AM." I am sure it means something different in original language, so I think I AM fits so much better. If you think of that, there's (almost) nothing you can add or subtract from that. Does that make sense? I'm not being condescending, really asking. It is basically SELF/ENTITY... EXISTS. DOES EXIST. WILL EXIST, etc. It's a very powerful statement. When you add in BECOME, that's something you can actually add, a transformative thing and DEATH is just like OOOHHHHMIIII. I am---> I am become death is a super crazy sentence, and yeah it was from other 'scriptures' of sorts, but that sentence, to a deep reader, is something that should make your skin crawl.
    Speaking of scientists who accomplished things at a young age, look at Oppenheimers early life on wikipedia... dude was a physics beast at age 20, and he made his discoveries inside a real physics lab and not a patent office.

I agree that the death quote is very powerful... that said, in the grand scheme of mass deaths I think the words would have been more fitting coming out of the mouth of someone else - maybe Stalin, Mao or Kissinger

Anyway... much love bro
    Last edited by Nanners; 07-30-2023 at 07:51 AM.

Good college starter

Isn't it more impressive coming up with the ideas for some of the most groundbreaking insights of all-time in a patent office than in a lab?

There's also the theory that Einstein's breakthrough may have actually come about due to his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    Isn't it more impressive coming up with the ideas for some of the most groundbreaking insights of all-time in a patent office than in a lab?

There's also the theory that Einstein's breakthrough may have actually come about due to his wife.