View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

24 58.54%
  • NO

13 31.71%
  • NOT SURE

4 9.76%
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Question Do you believe in God?

Simple question. Simple answer choices.

Default Re: Do you believe in God?

of course. praise to the highest one.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I do believe in a higher power, but do I believe in the Old Testament's version of God where he is pretty cruel? if that is God I want nothing to do with him.

I believe there are evil and good forces out there that our five senses can't grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    I do believe in a higher power, but do I believe in the Old Testament's version of God where he is pretty cruel? if that is God I want nothing to do with him.

I believe there are evil and good forces out there that our five senses can't grasp.
    different times. people think he was cruel when in reality he was carrying out punishment that he himself was not fond of. he is perfect in the truest sense of the word when it comes to justice. remember that it was a brutal world back then with demons getting their way. the stuff that was going on in Gomorrah was absolute evil that needed to be erased. there's a verse that says God was appalled by all the acts going on in that despicable city. the world nowadays with liberals pushing the forefront of boundaries is worse. so judgment day will come. he's never enjoyed destruction. we are just too imperfect to realize that justice must be carried out regardless of our emotions. order only happens if someone carries out that order.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post

I would vote Yes then if I were you. The Old Testament version of God does not necessarily have to be the true God. The true God to me is Jesus and his teachings. But I do not believe God to be simplistic in nature. If God to you is a "higher being" with vast intelligence, then that's good enough for me.

Retired

Of course. There's no justification for morality or even science without God.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    different times. people think he was cruel when in reality he was carrying out punishment that he himself was not fond of. he is perfect in the truest sense of the word when it comes to justice. remember that it was a brutal world back then with demons getting their way. the stuff that was going on in Gomorrah was absolute evil that needed to be erased. there's a verse that says God was appalled by all the acts going on in that despicable city. the world nowadays with liberals pushing the forefront of boundaries is worse. so judgment day will come. he's never enjoyed destruction. we are just too imperfect to realize that justice must be carried out regardless of our emotions. order only happens if someone carries out that order.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    Of course. There's no justification for morality or even science without God.
    I dont think morality is a proof of God. f*cked up 1 in a billion shit happening all the time is my evidence.

morality is just centuries of evolution and inherited dna. it's instinctive behavior to have an overwhelming feeling wash over you when you see good and evil. the good is endorphins. a type of drug released from the brain. and bad raises nervous tensions to the point where you can feel ill. it's why animals are born in the wild mostly knowing how to survive and which animals to trust and which ones they shouldn't. it's not so much them thinking it. but those same feelings washing over them. like that sick feeling we get when we see blood or injuries. that isn't God telling us we're good. it's just from thousands of years experiencing those things through our ancestry.

we are a replicant of our parents and their parents. that's why we look so similar to them. it's not an offspring as much as a reincarnation. a little bit of your skills and knowledge are imbedded in your children.

I think God is something beyond our comprehension. it's not some bearded man. it probly goes beyond our universe. like we're in a computer simulation and it's the processor or user. this has to be the case cause evolution is proven and God wasn't some guy before humans even existed. we came from microscopic beings. your earliest ancestors are from the beginnings of life on earth. there is no other possible way to exist

College superstar

Gods. I believe in Gods. There isn’t just one.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Connor View Post
    I dont think morality is a proof of God. f*cked up 1 in a billion shit happening all the time is my evidence.

morality is just centuries of evolution and inherited dna. it's instinctive behavior to have an overwhelming feeling wash over you when you see good and evil. the good is endorphins. a type of drug released from the brain. and bad raises nervous tensions to the point where you can feel ill. it's why animals are born in the wild mostly knowing how to survive and which animals to trust and which ones they shouldn't. it's not so much them thinking it. but those same feelings washing over them. like that sick feeling we get when we see blood or injuries. that isn't God telling us we're good. it's just from thousands of years experiencing those things through our ancestry.

we are a replicant of our parents and their parents. that's why we look so similar to them. it's not an offspring as much as a reincarnation. a little bit of your skills and knowledge are imbedded in your children.

I think God is something beyond our comprehension. it's not some bearded man. it probly goes beyond our universe. like we're in a computer simulation and it's the processor or user. this has to be the case cause evolution is proven and God wasn't some guy before humans even existed. we came from microscopic beings. your earliest ancestors are from the beginnings of life on earth. there is no other possible way to exist
    Define f*cked up. Define good and evil. By what standard?

The pedophile has a really "good" feeling when he molests a child. Is that moral of him?

College superstar

There is nothing rational about this world. Living things consume living things for life. It’s nonsensical. The Gods are either crazy or comedians.

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.”

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    Define f*cked up. By what standard?
    I just posted 2 examples.

lightning blowing up a George floyd mural. (never even heard of that happening before to a brick building with or without a false idol that represents evil and led a revolution built on racism and divide )

a stand up comic mocking oppressed unvaccinated peoples who's lives were ruined then mocking God and suddenly passing out and cracking her skull on the floor.

weird shit like this has happened to me personally like 10 times or more. life saving shit or other crazy one in a million things. like losing my gold cross and emptying out my room. then the only thing I had left was a book case and I slumped over after begging God for it and it was under my hand ontop of the book shelf I was resting on. never in my life put it up there. made no sense. that or coming in and the TV shuts off and a chair was out. I turn the TV on and it's the last seconds of a shoot out in hockey or something. like the spirit couldn't miss it and risked everything. had quite a few life saving moments as well where I shoulda died driving drunk and woke up after spinning out and nobody else ever witnesses it

and there's people like nostradamus and others that predicted a bunch of historical moments. doubt that's all just a coincidence. there's obviously supernatural shit going on

I remember selling my soul during game 7 of the 2010 finals. i guess it worked cause the Lakers flipped the script and came back to win. but after that kobes career went down the toilet and he died so I guess that was our punishment
    Last edited by John_Connor; 02-18-2022 at 03:40 PM.

I believe everything is part of a holistic God. We are all part of God.

Read some Meister Eckhart of Ibn al Arabi.