Default Have we overestimated the Russian military?

I've always thought of Russia as the runner up in regards to the military. But with what's going on and how much they're struggling (or atleast the media is portraying them as) it makes me second guess.

Default Re: Have we overestimated the Russian military?

Or perhaps we underestimated the Ukrainian military? They are armed with plenty of stinger missiles and anti-tank javelins for street to street combat. Tanks and armored carriers are too vulnerable in cities and very different from what the US fought in Afghanistan and even most of Iraq, which was open grounds. Iraqi troops were not as well armed as Ukrainian forces either.

Ukrainian air-defenses are also holding. I don't know if they will hold for very long unfortunately. If Putin decides to flatten the cities, he will send in hundreds of heavy bombers and increase artillery barrages to bomb without discrimination between civilian and military targets. I think we are going towards that scenario.. It's going to be brutal when it gets there

I think a bit part of this is the Russians don't seem to be severly bombing the country with their airforce. Looks like they're trying to minimize civilian casualties so they're using primarily ground forces.

If they can't take the capital soon, I expect a lot of bombings with drones and planes.

It's not exactly an all out blitzkrieg invasion.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    I've always thought of Russia as the runner up in regards to the military. But with what's going on and how much they're struggling (or atleast the media is portraying them as) it makes me second guess.
    Nah it's just not that easy beating your opps in their territory. Plus Ukrainians ain't an easy w to begin with

If you guys wanna come talk about what's REALLY going on with this invasion and why, instead of just taking mainstream corporate news narratives at face value... you know where to go ;)

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    If you guys wanna come talk about what's REALLY going on with this invasion and why, instead of just taking mainstream corporate news narratives at face value... you know where to go ;)
    https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...080119811.html

1) MASSIVE news coming from the Russian Embassy in Bosnia and Herzegovina!

Russian Embassy claims “US filled Ukraine with biolabs”, and are accusing the US of producing bioweapons! #USBiolabs

My hypothesis was correct!

https://twitter.com/N1info/status/14...WdyA6KJrh3MVMA

2) Before anyone questions the source, this is from Twitter verified, CNN Southeastern European Affiliate, @N1info .

This is from an official European news outlet, reporting the Russian displeasure with US biolabs in Ukraine.

Credentials seen here.

N1 (TV channel) - Wikipedia
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/N1_(TV_channel)

3) So what does this mean big picture? It means my hypothesis was correct: The Russian air strikes in Ukraine had nothing to do with Ukraine, but rather AMERICAN ASSETS in Ukraine!

It means this “war” is MUCH bigger than Ukraine. Its a skirmish with the United States of America.
    4) This means the Russians just went to war with an American proxy and disabled US/NATO assets. These attacks are a direct accusation of the US of creating bioweapons near the Russian border.

Putin has been publicly vocal about this for years.

Vladimir Putin's adviser says U.S. is developing biological weapons near Russia
    Nikolai Patrushev told Kommersant that the U.S. has labs by Russian and Chinese borders "reminiscent of Fort Detrick in Maryland."
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...581896%3famp=1

5) Now, think even bigger picture. Think about the one thing that controlled the world for the last 2 years. How does C19 play a role?

Here is Moderna CEO on Fox, admitting the virus came from a lab, after we found THEIR PATENTED GENE SEQUENCE in C19… https://youtu.be/FesspOSV4ZA

6) Are you able to make the connection?

-C19 came from a lab
    -The lab and research was funded by the US NIH
    -Putin accuses US of creating bioweapons at his border
    -Putin bombs US biolabs near his border

Putin is trying to prevent the US from “releasing” ANOTHER bioweapon.
    7) You can argue it was accidental or intentional. Regardless, the Russians don’t want the US having biolabs at their border, as US have proven themselves either:

-incompetent/careless for letting out a bioweapon

or

-evil/malicious and intentionally released a bioweapon
    8) Either way, Putin doesn’t want the US near their border with biological research, and neutralized a legitimate threat to his people.

Now, think even bigger picture; why has the media spun this reality as “Russian disinformation”?

BECAUSE IT PROVES THE U.S. CREATED C19.

9) At the very least, a world superpower is accusing us of creating and releasing a bioweapon, and has reason to believe we might do it again.

Think about the ramifications of that. Think about why the media and Biden continue to paint Putin as a viscous dictator.
    10) Think about why the fact checkers are claiming there are no US biolabs in Ukraine. Think about why the US Embassy yanked all their docs on our biolabs in Ukraine.

They can try all they like, but all the evidence leads to the US creating C19, and Russia is not happy about it.
    11) Once that cat is out of the bag, the rest of the dominoes fall. The entire C19 narrative is decimated. The reality is, the US government released a bioweapon known as C19.

Folks, this isn’t the beginning of WW3, the US initiated it 2 years ago… at a biolab in Wuhan, China.

^ Nah it aint none of that.

But come on over to my page and we’ll chat.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    ^ Nah it aint none of that.

But come on over to my page and we’ll chat.
    I don't trust it. All I'm expecting are Lebron dick pics.

Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    I don't trust it. All I'm expecting are Lebron dick pics.

If I had those I’d be charging a whole lot more brother

as of yesterday or day before russia had only used half of the 150,000 troops to invade.

russian military is around 1.5 million I believe without looking, do the math they're barely even trying using a grand total of 5% of their military.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Russia is always willing to lose thousands of lives to make a point....

They are the vikings of the modern era.
    IMO their leadership is always in question , and can't figure out things peacefully.

**It was beyond me to see USA join them in space.

Banned

LOL you fakking clowns, Russia is conducting a hearts and minds campaign to liberate ukraine from US vassalage and neonazi scum, they are purposefully rying to minimize civilian casualties and therefore avoid using artillery barrages and air power if at all possible, ofc Russia could "shock and awe" them i.e bomb them out of existance like murica did with Iraq&Libya but not everyone can disregard 100 000s of dead as "collateral damage" like insane fascist states of america

#NukeMurica

Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

As US president, I'd have tirelessly pushed to get these f uckers into Nato. Expedite the process. You're scared of the gang? Chuck the colours on. You have the protection of its constituents. They'd be the big brother in their region instead of the paranoid bully. If shit kicks off with China -- or a rogue Germany -- they'd have a vested interest to act on behalf of the brotherhood. Quash the Ukraine thing in house. Short of that, I'd push to de-register their neighbours (as long as Russia responds in kind and commits to something to the effect that they will never attack these states). Give them their buffer. There's two reasons why this hasn't really been investigated. a) we're all creepin up on Mother Russia b) reality ain't all that real. Incompetence may also be a factor, but I favour the latter.