NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default cereal your eating now you were not allowed as a kid

bought a box of Fruit Loops ....

Default Re: cereal your eating now you were not allowed as a kid

Corn flakes, my mom wouldnt let us even eat that nasty sh1t

Imagine being a grown ass man making a thread about what cereal you eat on a basketball forum...

I suppose that's what you do when living in Wisconsin and a lack of retirement plans

And my answer is none. I eat eggs/avocado and toast with coffee every morning

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Just the other day I was picking out some cereal, I skipped all the sugary cereal and just went with Kix cause I didn't want a shit load of sugar so early in the morning. Getting old is weird.

My mom didnt ban me from eating anything and i dont even eat cereal now. We were poor though lol. I remember the 1st time i ever had steak. It was that big of an event to me at the time. I remember the 1st time i had a footlong hoagie and didnt have to split it with ppl. . I remember the 1st time i ever had a piece of fish, a stanger gave me a piece of their food i guess i looked hungry.... yeah i was really poor.....poor poor when i think back lol from the age of 2-9...huh i really never thought about this stuff before....we were poor....huh
    Last edited by Im so nba'd out; 03-04-2022 at 12:30 PM.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

My mom didn't really ban us from eating anything. Although she'd get upset when we piled on spoons of sugar on the cereal on our corn flakes or shredded wheat when all the good cereals were gone. She'd also get upset if we ate a lot of hard candy.

Our metabolisms were so high and we were so active we never put on weight though. I remember my mom yelled at me when I was 12 because I ate a 20 piece chicken mcnugget, a big mac combo and shake when I went out with my grandma one day. "You little brat. You know your grandma is on a fixed income!". She always sent me with $20 after that whenever I went with my grandma

Banned

i didn't eat breakfast growing up. we had to be at school to lift at 7 am. i still don't eat it now as i do intermittent fasting. i only eat from 2-8...pretty much anything i want though.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny32 View Post
    i didn't eat breakfast growing up. we had to be at school to lift at 7 am. i still don't eat it now as i do intermittent fasting. i only eat from 2-8...pretty much anything i want though.
    Doesn't seem right to send a kid to school on an empty stomach

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

We were not allowed to have sugared cereals as kids. With just an occasional exception. Of course, we just poured on tons sugar - that sugar cement at the end was money.
    My mom was bummed when she found out that as adults we all ate Captain Crunch.
    I don’t do sugar or milk anymore, and I find breakfast cereal gross - highly processed, corn syrup food.
    I mostly have oatmeal with flax seed meal and berries now, when I eat breakfast. A lot of days it’s just black coffee. I don’t do eggs much - they aren’t that healthy a food.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick Stern View Post
    We were not allowed to have sugared cereals as kids. With just an occasional exception. Of course, we just poured on tons sugar - that sugar cement at the end was money.
    My mom was bummed when she found out that as adults we all ate Captain Crunch.
    I don’t do sugar or milk anymore, and I find breakfast cereal gross - highly processed, corn syrup food.
    I mostly have oatmeal with flax seed meal and berries now, when I eat breakfast. A lot of days it’s just black coffee. I don’t do eggs much - they aren’t that healthy a food.
    Lets eat healthy but not believe in god. Like wats the fvcking point of eating healthy?

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    Lets eat healthy but not believe in god. Like wats the fvcking point of eating healthy?
    Not rotting in a hospital bed in old age