Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: California's Mask Mandate Ends - How long until Covid cases skyrocket?

I wonder if anti-maskers will start wearing face masks now that the mandates are lifted?

If an anti-masker came up to me and asked why I'm wearing a mask:

"I'm not a sheep, I don't do what the govt tells me"

"My body my choice"

"Wearing a mask blocks me from the govt's face recognition tech. Why are you letting the govt track you?"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: California's Mask Mandate Ends - How long until Covid cases skyrocket?

I heard California even had a mask mandate for outdoors at one point. Crazy. Someone on Twitter brought up an interesting point. When you're masked all day long, you're literally reuptaking massive amounts of CO2. When we breathe we inhale oxygen and when we exhale we give off carbon dioxide. Oxygen is one of the most core principles to health. Trees produce oxygen rich environments. The healthiest thing you can do is to sit in a beautiful forest and just take deep breaths. So by making people wear a heavy mask everywhere all day and stay "locked down" you're inherently basically suffocating them. So many people are retarded that they would let the government mandate they be muzzled and confined in this manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    Why won't cases spike again in two weeks if 49/50 states have ended their statewide mask mandates and movie theaters are packed full again (ie people are going back to "living normal lives")?
    Well they probably will spike again, but at this point I don't think anyone will care. Majority of people just want to go back to living normal lives, and I'm with that.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I heard California even had a mask mandate for outdoors at one point. Crazy. Someone on Twitter brought up an interesting point. When you're masked all day long, you're literally reuptaking massive amounts of CO2. When we breathe we inhale oxygen and when we exhale we give off carbon dioxide. Oxygen is one of the most core principles to health. Trees produce oxygen rich environments. The healthiest thing you can do is to sit in a beautiful forest and just take deep breaths. So by making people wear a heavy mask everywhere all day and stay "locked down" you're inherently basically suffocating them. So many people are retarded that they would let the government mandate they be muzzled and confined in this manner.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie View Post
    I wonder if anti-maskers will start wearing face masks now that the mandates are lifted?

"My body my choice"

"Wearing a mask blocks me from the govt's face recognition tech. Why are you letting the govt track you?"
    You need psychological help

College superstar

State mandates for people and employees to wash their hands is just as dumb and unhealthy as masks but no one complains about that shit. The state requiring you to cover your skin with toxic crap before you go back to work is just as insane.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loco 50 View Post

Medical personnel have to wear masks while performing surgery or treating critically ill dying people. True. Do they have to wear it everywhere? No. Do 99% of people not work in this setting? Yes. You're a moron bro and being exposed right now. The Pfizer docs are coming out.

If you're still wearing a mask you are a

College superstar

If you wash your hands with antibacterial soap you are an even bigger clown. At least a mask provides some utility protecting identity, and some of them with filtering air pollution. Covering your skin with toxic shit you wouldn’t even eat is just dumb.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

In Ontario, they don't look at cases anymore. In fact, they won't even let us get tested.

I'm guessing cases will go up in the Fall because that's cold and flu season. When the weather gets colder, people spend more time indoors.
    1) Do you really think the first variant was a disease that caused people to suddenly collapse and die in the streets? I hope you're joking... and, two years later, I hope you still don't believe people were literally dropping dead from Covid-19 in this video: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ch...uhan-city.html (39 seconds in my favorite one lol)

2) You said "all they look at are hospitalizations." I asked when did that occur, so please respond.

3) Well they may want to update their website because a lot of their data collection shows they care about cases too. https://www.ontario.ca/page/how-onta...nding-covid-19

Ontario is working with its partners in the health care system implementing a robust plan to monitor for, detect and, if needed, isolate any cases of the 2019 novel coronavirus. The Ministry of Health is taking several steps to ensure the health and safety of Ontarians.
    Furthermore, a simple search for recent news says https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...ch-21-83342138

The province of Ontario said improving health indicators such as a stable COVID-19 test positivity rate and declining hospitalizations, as well as Ontario’s high vaccination rates and the availability of antiviral treatments, allow for these steps.
    Their first reason for removing one of their mask mandates later this month (it's not even removed yet) is because of a stable case rate. They wouldn't have mentioned this if case rates didn't matter.

4) But why won't cases skyrocket without mask mandates and packed "high-risk areas" like movie theaters? No masks, packed theaters, no more social distancing... isn't that a recipe for skyrocketing cases?

"My body my choice"

People who don't want to wear masks will not wear a mask unless it is compulsory.

This should answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A. View Post
    Well they probably will spike again, but at this point I don't think anyone will care. Majority of people just want to go back to living normal lives, and I'm with that.
    Thanks for your answer, but why do they want to go back to living normal lives if the virus is still circulating? What's the difference between now and say, 3 months ago? 4 months ago? 5 months ago?

Mask mandates have been extended for places like airports, for example. And we have Trump's extreme travel restrictions on countries around the world. - Why? When (if ever) did these make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post
    State mandates for people and employees to wash their hands is just as dumb and unhealthy as masks but no one complains about that shit. The state requiring you to cover your skin with toxic crap before you go back to work is just as insane.
    Yes, but washing hands takes 20 seconds after you get back from your lunch break, doesn't feel bad, so nobody cares. Kinda like how you can't drink your alcohol on a plane and if you do it's a $30,000 fine. I'm sure you also find this insane. Anyway... Wearing a mask 40+ hours/wk is annoying AF. Billions of masks worn everywhere is way more costly, impacts the environment, and is bad for society. That's why way more people complain about that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    If you're still wearing a mask you are a
    Sorry bro, I don't want Trudeau spying on me with all the surveillance cameras he has on the streets. You should mask up whenever you're in public, unless you enjoy being tracked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    Yes, but washing hands takes 20 seconds after you get back from your lunch break, doesn't feel bad, so nobody cares. Kinda like how you can't drink your alcohol on a plane and if you do it's a $30,000 fine. I'm sure you also find this insane. Anyway... Wearing a mask 40+ hours/wk is annoying AF. Billions of masks worn everywhere is way more costly, impacts the environment, and is bad for society. That's why way more people complain about that shit.
    Yep, wearing a mask for 40+ hrs a week sucks. I have no issues with people wearing or not wearing a mask once mandates are all lifted. What I do have issues about are the people working retail that feel safer wearing a mask at work.. but will get ridiculed by customers.

Their jobs suck already, and it's about to get worse when the crazy anti-mask crowds enter their stores.

People preach things like "my body, my choice" but then go ahead and bully minimum wage workers that want to wear a mask to work.