Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Episode 3.5 is here - Obi Wan Kenobi trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    The whole series is just these 6 episodes and that's it. There are no more seasons after this.

There are rumors that have linked Hayden Christensen to a stand alone Vader series which would focus on the years between Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Episode IV A New Hope.
    That would be awesome. There are comics and books on Vader over that span but a bit limited. They could really do something great that is multi-seasonal and goes more into Vader's story.

My problem with Obi-wan facing off against Vader at this point is that it lessons the impact of their meeting in the original Star Wars movie. Am I right in saying that we all thought these two faced off in Episode 3, then didn't see each other again for 20 years? The dialogue from their final duel supports this ' When I left you I was but a learner, now I am the master!' It's at least a reasonable assumption that dialogue supports the idea that their last meeting was Anakin's defeat at Obi-wans hands on Mustafar, when Obi-wan actually WAS the master.

Quite obviously Vader is in peak form here against a diminished Obi-wan. Now, I assume Qui-gon will surface, help Obi-wan tap back into the force, and maybe they fight again during this show and Obi-wan fares better. If he wins, that diminishes Vader because then narratively it's like ok Vader lost prior to Return of the Jedi. Vader should be basically untouchable until Luke beats him. In any case, I'm wondering how they're going to write around the existing canon because in my humble view, this dilutes the potency of their face-off in A new hope. On that note, has anyone here seen this fan remake of that fight?

Last edited by Phoenix; 06-03-2022 at 12:58 PM.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

While I love Darth Vader as a character and a villain, so long as he is on the big screen, we will never then get to see the other Sith Lords that exist in the SWU due to the rule of two. Cause as long as Vader exists, the other Sith Lord will always be Sidious.

Would like to see a Live Action version of Darth Sion or Darth Traya.

While I love Darth Vader as a character and a villain, so long as he is on the big screen, we will never then get to see the other Sith Lords that exist in the SWU due to the rule of two. Cause as long as Vader exists, the other Sith Lord will always be Sidious.

Would like to see a Live Action version of Darth Sion or Darth Traya.
    They're stuck on this particular storyline with the Skywalkers, telling stories that are filling in the gaps between the movies. The worst thing about the original Star Wars is that its become so iconic that they seem hesitant to move beyond it. They really need to go back to the days of the Old Republic, or go 100 years forward so they can tell stories that aren't restricted by adhering to the movie series canon.

Episode 4 was aggressively mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Episode 4 was aggressively mediocre.
    This show officially sucks donkey dick. What an epic let down from the previews. Where should I start? Better yet, here's a list with all the shit that's wrong with this series that I can think of. Feel free to add to it.

- Where's Luke? We're 4 episodes in and we were teased Luke and this has become the Princess Leia series.
    - Once again, this is Woke Disney promoting diversity just to virtue signal. Obi Wan takes a backseat to Reva, Leia, and Tala. Even Vader is manipulated by this "new" character in Reva.
    - Where's Hayden Christensen? Once again, 4 episodes in and you wonder what the hell these writers are thinking about just shoving these female characters in our face. And, if you look at IMDB, the actress that plays Leia is credited with being in all 6 episodes whereas the actor that plays Luke will show up in the last Episode. Ridiculous. The Grand Inquisitor is credited with 4 episodes, so hopefully he comes back and slices Reva real nice into several pieces cause her character sucks ass.
    - This episode was just so comedic with how amateurish it looked. Where were the Tie Fighters? How does Tala knock out a Stormtrooper with a slap to the face?? Just comedic garbage.

Here's a great review of Episode IV:

This show officially sucks donkey dick. What an epic let down from the previews. Where should I start? Better yet, here's a list with all the shit that's wrong with this series that I can think of. Feel free to add to it.

- Where's Luke? We're 4 episodes in and we were teased Luke and this has become the Princess Leia series.
    - Once again, this is Woke Disney promoting diversity just to virtue signal. Obi Wan takes a backseat to Reva, Leia, and Tala. Even Vader is manipulated by this "new" character in Reva.
    - Where's Hayden Christensen? Once again, 4 episodes in and you wonder what the hell these writers are thinking about just shoving these female characters in our face. And, if you look at IMDB, the actress that plays Leia is credited with being in all 6 episodes whereas the actor that plays Luke will show up in the last Episode. Ridiculous. The Grand Inquisitor is credited with 4 episodes, so hopefully he comes back and slices Reva real nice into several pieces cause her character sucks ass.
    - This episode was just so comedic with how amateurish it looked. Where were the Tie Fighters? How does Tala knock out a Stormtrooper with a slap to the face?? Just comedic garbage.
    The show has fallen victim to the same shit that's fukking up everything else Disney is doing, as you said. They're making the main male protagonist take a backseat to the 'strong female' in his own story. Worse, not only is he a supporting character in his own show, they've made a point to show him as being stupid, weak and cowardly until this episode where he all of a sudden has his mojo back after Vader kicked his ass with ridiculous ease. THere's nothing setting up him being at this lowest point at the end of episode 3, to Jedi mode in the Inquisitor base in episode 4. No training, no interaction with Qui-gon( where is he??).

They're trying to retcon Leia as being as important to the greater story as Luke, when Leia always took third billing behind Luke and Han. Pissing on Luke started with his depiction in the Last Jedi, and now beyond a 5 second cameo of him pretend-flying outside the Lars home with Obi-wan looking from a distance, he's been completetly absent. So with Obi-wan off-planet chasing Leia, who's protecting Luke at the moment? Who cares I guess, because Luka is no longer important per Disney's MO.

You bring up the Tala bitch-slap on the Trooper( which if anything should have resulted in a broken hand), but you forgot the part where she's sitting there a FEW FEET from one of the Imperial officers whispering into the comlink. Or Obi-wan hiding Leia under a fukking trenchcoat and casually walking through with hundreds of imperial officers and troopers completely oblivious. You've got people making millions of dollars, sitting in a room watching this shit, and giving it the 'this is fine!' go ahead.

Star Wars died in 2012.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 06-10-2022 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    The show has fallen victim to the same shit that's fukking up everything else Disney is doing, as you said. They're making the main male protagonist take a backseat to the 'strong female' in his own story. Worse, not only is he a supporting character in his own show, they've made a point to show him as being stupid, weak and cowardly until this episode where he all of a sudden has his mojo back after Vader kicked his ass with ridiculous ease. THere's nothing setting up him being at this lowest point at the end of episode 3, to Jedi mode in the Inquisitor base in episode 4. No training, no interaction with Qui-gon( where is he??).

They're trying to retcon Leia as being as important to the greater story as Luke, when Leia always took third billing behind Luke and Han. Pissing on Luke started with his depiction in the Last Jedi, and now beyond a 5 second cameo of him pretend-flying outside the Lars home with Obi-wan looking from a distance, he's been completetly absent. So with Obi-wan off-planet chasing Leia, who's protecting Luke at the moment? Who cares I guess, because Luka is no longer important per Disney's MO.

You bring up the Tala bitch-slap on the Trooper( which if anything should have resulted in a broken hand), but you forgot the part where she's sitting there a FEW FEET from one of the Imperial officers whispering into the comlink. Or Obi-wan hiding Leia under a fukking trenchcoat and casually walking through with hundreds of imperial officers and troopers completely oblivious. You've got people making millions of dollars, sitting in a room watching this shit, and giving it the 'this is fine!' go ahead.

Star Wars died in 2012.
    Man I'm glad to see someone else who feels the same way.

Yeah that whole scene with Tala just acting so obviously out of place is hysterical to me. She goes through that whole scene outside as she tries to enter the base, then she sits in some random seat that was available and no one seems to notice. But it doesn't end there, she starts talking into this microphone where even the guy next to her looks over and is like "wtf are you doing?" and yet he says nothing. It's just sooooooo poorly written and stupid.

And yeah, the fire scene with Vader and Obi Wan. After all these years, this is how the two of them meet for the first time? Obi Wan a trembling coward and then Vader throws him into the fire and somehow cannot kill him??

Star Wars fanboys are online saying how he just wanted to wait till Obi Wan was at full strength. Oh please!

It's like you said. How out of touch do these writers and producers have to be to write these scripts and actually think this is something well-written? Something that actually adds to the lore? It's a ****ing joke.

for sure thought they'd turn around this by episode 3 or 4....boy was i wrong

I was hyped for this, trailer looked good, but it just gets worse and worse..

It’s basically just the leia super female empowerment hour reva is up there with captain marvel as total pieces of shit

Fu*k Disney

Quote Originally Posted by coin24 View Post

Fu*k Disney

I still remember my reaction til this day

But the female empowerment agenda hasn't ruined Obi-wan for me yet.

I'm just glad Vader is back.

And Disney and Lucasfilms appear to be doubling down. There is a rumored Reva series in the works. They labeled all of the fans racist for not liking the Reva character, so now to rub it in our faces, she's getting her very own series even though she's a made-up character that is not part of the Star Wars universe. Just because she's a female and because she's Black.

There is this incessant need to create new characters that are not canon and time and time it backfires on these companies. Look at the new Halo show. They absolutely butchered that series. As a Halo super fan, I hope they cancel the series. That's how bad it is.

The two best shows out there right now are The Boys and Cobra Kai. You have EXCELLENT writing with these two shows. EXCELLENT.

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

The Reva storyline is likely deeper.
    She was a Jedi trainee, and bitter at Darth for killing all the yutes who were her friends (or maybe her sensei, who was a mother figure).
    She uses Obi Wan as a bait for Darth, and then when he is distracted by Obi, she tries to kill him (and fails obviously)

and c’mon Patty, you should be happy. She’s the angry black woman cliche that you love.
    Last edited by Chick Stern; 06-11-2022 at 11:47 AM.

Man I'm glad to see someone else who feels the same way.

Yeah that whole scene with Tala just acting so obviously out of place is hysterical to me. She goes through that whole scene outside as she tries to enter the base, then she sits in some random seat that was available and no one seems to notice. But it doesn't end there, she starts talking into this microphone where even the guy next to her looks over and is like "wtf are you doing?" and yet he says nothing. It's just sooooooo poorly written and stupid.

And yeah, the fire scene with Vader and Obi Wan. After all these years, this is how the two of them meet for the first time? Obi Wan a trembling coward and then Vader throws him into the fire and somehow cannot kill him??

Star Wars fanboys are online saying how he just wanted to wait till Obi Wan was at full strength. Oh please!

It's like you said. How out of touch do these writers and producers have to be to write these scripts and actually think this is something well-written? Something that actually adds to the lore? It's a ****ing joke.
    Disney has managed to take my all-time favorite franchise and make me not give a single solitary f*uck if nothing Star Wars related ever comes out again. Quite the achievement...

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bawkish View Post
    This smells like a bait and switch

You think Obi-Wan is the protagonist till some female character comes in and steals his thunder

As expected from Disneyfied Star Wars
    Looks like i'm right all this time