Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Episode 3.5 is here - Obi Wan Kenobi trailer

I don't understand... Disney has trillions of dollars at their disposal, and yet some random person on youtube makes him look younger in less than a day.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post

I don't understand... Disney has trillions of dollars at their disposal, and yet some random person on youtube makes him look younger in less than a day.
    The people at Disney are lazy in their work ethic. They know people are going to watch no matter what. And, they rush these projects cause they know money is on the line. The Deepfake guys or whoever did the same thing to Luke's face from the Season 2 finale of The Mandalorian. Then, Disney got their shit together and did a better job for Luke's appearance in The Book of Boba Fett.

Its kind of hilarious how much Disney hates fans of the original Star Wars characters... why would you spend billions of dollars buying a popular intellectual property and then do so much to anger/alienate the people who are the reason the IP is popular in the first place? I thought the point of doing remakes and franchises was that they have pre-existing fanbases, but Disney seems to be doing everything they can to make sure that the old Star Wars fanbase hates them.

What Vader did to Third Sister is exactly how black leftists getting played. Getting used for their emotions and rage.

And once they have no more use in the agenda... they are discarded. "You are of no more use" is how Vader put it.

Vader knew what that BLM b*tch was up to the entire time. Obi-Wan (the good white man)... tried to join forces with her, take down Vader together...

but she was too far gone at that point, blamed Obi-Wan too (again, the white man)... I really wish they had tried fighting him together.

I actually like this Third Sister character and how she fits into the Empire's politics. Great Story.

This show is ok so far.. Went in praying for a Logan-type of Kenobi story and got some cookie cutter Disney/Marvel shit instead. Also the scope is disappointing. So many scenes the camera pans down because they didn't build the whole set above 15 feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    The people at Disney are lazy in their work ethic. They know people are going to watch no matter what. And, they rush these projects cause they know money is on the line. The Deepfake guys or whoever did the same thing to Luke's face from the Season 2 finale of The Mandalorian. Then, Disney got their shit together and did a better job for Luke's appearance in The Book of Boba Fett.
    Disney is known to pay their VFX teams like shit, not surprising.

So Vader using the force to stop the ship in mid air was impressive, but where was the second ship in that scene??

Was it cloaked? Only when Vader drops the ship does the second ship magically appear. And why didn't Vader stop the second ship? Did his Force powers need a recharge? How did Vader not know that the first ship was a decoy? But most importantly is how ridiculous it is that the second ship shows up out of nowhere. It's lazy writing and it's an insult to the powers of Vader.
    Last edited by Patrick Chewing; 06-17-2022 at 12:39 PM.

So Vader using the force to stop the ship in mid air was impressive, but where was the second ship in that scene??

Was it cloaked? Only when Vader drops the ship does the second ship magically appear. And why didn't Vader stop the second ship? Did his Force powers need a recharge? How did Vader not know that the first ship was a decoy? But most importantly is how ridiculous it is that the second ship shows up out of nowhere. It's lazy writing and it's an insult to the powers of Vader.
    Definitely lazy writing. They should have made the ship enter hyperspace right there. As powerful as he is, Vader can't stop a ship in hyperspace with the force

The second ship was present all throughout end of the episode when the people were getting ready to start boarding. When they retreat to the hanger it's there to the right in the back in this screenshot I took here...

Then when Vader grabs the first ship it still in the same position in the back. I just think you guys weren't looking good enough honestly. I saw it the first time I went through.

Also, i know people are going to have gripes about things like the Stormtroopers easily being taken out or flopping around. Or the clunky Leia chase scene. But in all damn honestly Star Wars has always been like that even scene the original trilogy. Get over it.

I think people nitpick too much and just need to enjoy the main storyline. Vader not being able to pick up a second ship...Maybe he was tired or weak for a moment? He just stopped a damn ship from taking off and ripped the metal walls out. Maybe he was legit surprised, and he felt it was too far away to act on it?

Anakin definitely looks older in the flashback scenes. They could've put a little more work into it, but honestly it didn't take away from the moment with me. When Luke appeared in the last episode of The Mandalorian that CGI definitely took away from the moment with me and how robotic he seemed.

I like the Reva character. I thought she was the youngling from the opening scene all along personally. I don't like how she got stabbed through the chest completely with a lightsaber and somehow lives. Anyone else ever done this?

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode View Post
    I like the Reva character. I thought she was the youngling from the opening scene all along personally. I don't like how she got stabbed through the chest completely with a lightsaber and somehow lives. Anyone else ever done this?
    Allowing Reva to live was not something Vader would do.

Making it too obvious that she will have one last final encounter with Vader and although we already know Vader lives she will probably kill that new Inquisitor before dying at the hands of Vader while saving someone, like Leia or Kenobi which make her efforts meaningful.

My prediction.

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

I called that she would be trying to kill Vader. Too much foreshadowing

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    Its kind of hilarious how much Disney hates fans of the original Star Wars characters... why would you spend billions of dollars buying a popular intellectual property and then do so much to anger/alienate the people who are the reason the IP is popular in the first place? I thought the point of doing remakes and franchises was that they have pre-existing fanbases, but Disney seems to be doing everything they can to make sure that the old Star Wars fanbase hates them.
    Because George Lucas handed the series over to a 'woke' feminist, in a nutshell. That dictates that all the original male leads be taken down a peg

- In the Force Awakens, Rey is shown to have a better mechanical knowledge of the Falcon than Han, despite never having flown it before

- Luke is shown as a broken man in the Last Jedi instead of the wise sage the fanbase was hoping for, in order to boost Rey

- Luke in his prime as a Jedi master gets beaten in a sparring lightsaber duel against his student Leia in the Rise of Skywalker. Ridiculous.

- Obi-wan isn't the one with agency in his own show, he's basically following around Leia like a lost puppy, and is practically a secondary character to Reva or whatever the fukk her name is. Never mind that the situation set-up by the older movies suggests that if there's any 'the Adventures of Ben Kenobi' series to be had, it should revolve around Luke, not Leia but again, the story is being retconned to make Leia as important.

Fukk Disney.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 06-18-2022 at 09:50 PM.

Good video.

Well, the Amazing Reva show has ended that guest-starred Obi Wan Kenobi. Disney and Lucasfilms put so much emphasis on an inconsequential character that doesn't even exist in the Star Wars universe, and tried to pass it off as a show on Obi Wan Kenobi. Nothing but a money grab by Disney by putting Obi Wan's name on it in order to attract the elder fanbase as well as market it to the new Woke SJW fanbase too.

I truly wish I wasn't so negative on this show considering how excellent a show like The Mandalorian has been, but I'm wondering if that show's success is solely due to its continued focus on its main character that the show is titled over, Din Djarin, aka The Mandalorian. Whereas with Obi Wan, we are directed towards and forced to care about characters like Reva and a 10-year-old Princess Leia who either don't have any history in this universe, or are too young (in Leia's case) to even develop a story about. Let's face reality, the people want to see Obi Wan. They want to see Vader. Not this other crap.

And how many times does someone have to be stabbed with a light saber until they die?? Ridiculous writing.