Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Episode 3.5 is here - Obi Wan Kenobi trailer

Last episode was terrible, hopefully they use all this crap to build up Obi Wan now for season 2 and the story could actually be about him.
    Just make a spin off series for reva that no one will watch or something. Absolute spastics at Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Because George Lucas handed the series over to a 'woke' feminist, in a nutshell. That dictates that all the original male leads be taken down a peg

- In the Force Awakens, Rey is shown to have a better mechanical knowledge of the Falcon than Han, despite never having flown it before

- Luke is shown as a broken man in the Last Jedi instead of the wise sage the fanbase was hoping for, in order to boost Rey

- Luke in his prime as a Jedi master gets beaten in a sparring lightsaber duel against his student Leia in the Rise of Skywalker. Ridiculous.

Fukk Disney.
    The funny thing is that none of that BS made anyone like or respect Rey, it had the opposite effect... tbh its amazing how bad Disneys Star Wars people are at the art of storytelling.

The star wars writers were too stupid and woke to depict their woman hero struggling against anything because they thought that would make her less of a "strong woman", but somehow they failed to understand that in order to have a compelling protagonist they HAVE to face some struggles. Nobody wants a protagonist who is automatically better than everyone, never facing any serious challenges. People want a hero that has weaknesses, faces real struggles, and is forced to develop and grow in order to overcome their problems... and in a nutshell this is why Luke is 1000x better and more likeable of a protaganist than Rey. Luke was not a master of the force until his third film, and despite being trained by Yoda in film 2 he still got completely obliterated the first time he tried to go toe to toe with his antagonist Vader... meanwhile Rey defeated her nemesis in a duel in her first film with virtually zero training, where exactly can the story go after that happens?
    Last edited by Nanners; 06-23-2022 at 04:26 AM.

Serious playground baller Iverson3's Avatar

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

The battle between Obi Wan and Vader was surprisingly decent. I like how they switched up the saber battles to be more realistic brute force rather than the fancy acrobatic shit that was in the prequels.

The other story of Reva trying to get her revenge by killing Luke had any and all tension sucked away by the fact that we already know Luke and his family live. Knowing the outcome beforehand is basically a huge spoiler.

Of course the Vader and Obi battle has the same issue, we already know both survive and that removes needed tension. But all in all that battle was good for what it was.

I'd label this series as "decent" with the ultimate highlight just being able to see Vader doing Vader things in full Vader form. Anytime Vader was on the screen it had my full attention. Simply hearing his voice is great. The prequels could not deliver that, and the only taste we ever had of that after the original trilogy was in the short scene in Rogue One which was by far the best moment in that film. I really hope that Disney can give us more Vader.

I have some mixed emotions about the series... I feel like it was a good show, but at the same time, they could've made this $hit so much better.

As far as the movie rankings go:

1.) Empire Strikes Back (A+)
    2.) Return of the Jedi (A+)
    3.) Revenge of the Sith (B)
    4.) Force Awakens (B)
    5.) New Hope (C+)
    6.) Phantom Menace (C-)
    7.) Rise of Skywalker (D)
    8.) The Last Jedi (F)
    9.) Clone Wars (F)

I'd put Solo and Rouge One above A New Hope #5.... but below Force Awakens.

people underrate Force Awakens and Revenge of the Sith... those were actually pretty good films, but the thing that upset me most about the Revenge of the Sith was that there wasn't very much Vader.

Disney could bring back Darth Maul,... supposedly he's still after Kenobi too.

idk what's left for Star Wars to do at this point...

maybe have a movie about a younger Mace Windu and Qui-Gon Jinn w/ a child Obi-Wan or some $hit... or Old Republic stories.

I mean, Mace Windu was basically the Michael Jordan of Jedi Knights.... so he should have a good backstory.

Rumor is we will eventually get a Star Wars episode X... but they know if they do that, they would essentially have to get the best of the best A-list actors and make a masterpiece better than Episode 5 & 6. It's the only way to redeem themselves for Episode 8 & 9.

Get Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, and all the usual Christopher Nolan actors... and have Nolan direct it himself. It's the only way to go at this point.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

They can't bring back Maul back due to the rule of 2. Considering how Maul faced off against a young Kenobi and Kenobi killed him, it would have to be a show where Maul was Palpatine's apprentice which would pre-date Kenobi. Going backwards now would be silly.
    Last edited by Patrick Chewing; 06-23-2022 at 10:26 PM.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Like someone else mentioned on here, they need to get off the Skywalker saga. It's been around for 50 years now. They need to do a series on the Knights of the Old Republic or something like that.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    And how many times does someone have to be stabbed with a light saber until they die?? Ridiculous writing.
    Poor Qui-Gon, they didn't even bothered to check if he's still alive and straight out burned his body

3-time NBA All-Star

Really liked the series. Pretty entertaining and always loved seeing Vader. However:

1. Not sure why Vader lost to Obi-Wan again. He lost to him already in Revenge of the Sith and now this? I guess you could say he won the battle in the earlier episode? Seems odd that Vader has been built up as this incredible, yet it feels like he always loses to Obi-Wan? Even in A New Hope he lost but basically gave himself up.

2. What exactly was the point and motivation for Reva to want to kill Luke? Was it to get back at Vader by killing the son that at this point doesn't seem like Vader either knows exists or doesn't seem like he gives a shit about?

Finished watching, and it was underwhelming. Pretty good is all I can muster up. This could have been so much better with the right writers, and Disney blew it.

There were too many moments that I found myself asking "why would you do that?" or "is this the best you can write up?"... There was nothing that really shocked me. The Vader fight was good. CGI was good. Acting was fine. If the script was decent, this show would have been great imo.

Do better, Disney. There is zero excuses with that big budget.

6.7/10

This show should have been much better. They should have went for something like Logan, not whatever the **** this was.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    1. Not sure why Vader lost to Obi-Wan again. He lost to him already in Revenge of the Sith and now this? I guess you could say he won the battle in the earlier episode? Seems odd that Vader has been built up as this incredible, yet it feels like he always loses to Obi-Wan? Even in A New Hope he lost but basically gave himself up.

If you were to rank all the Star Wars characters in terms of most skilled & most powerful

Obi-Wan might come in at #2.... right behind the Emperor... However Dooku kicked his ass twice.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post

If you were to rank all the Star Wars characters in terms of most skilled & most powerful

Obi-Wan might come in at #2.... right behind the Emperor... However Dooku kicked his ass twice.
    George Lucas' Vader is no pu$$y compared to Disney Vader

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post

IMHO it does diminish Vader when you look at the bigger picture. This series has pretty much recontexualized the 'when I left you I was but a learner, now I am the master' line from A New Hope. We've long assumed that Anakin and Obi Wan fight on Mustafar.....20 years passes......and they don't meet again until the Death Star battle. They've changed this idea to now where the two of them did actually meet halfway between and fought twice, with Vader getting his ass handed to him the 2nd time. This does fit into the 'when I left you I was a learner' thing on one hand, but the problem is it weakens the moment when Luke finally beats him. Suited Vader really should have been this untouchable killing machine through ROTJ. It did produce a genuinely cool moment when Obi-wan slices his mask revealing half of his face, but we've already seen that in Rebels where it clearly drew its inspiration from.

And in the end, a handful of moments that are cool in isolation surrounded by weak writing and dilutting existing canon is all it mostly achieved.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 06-27-2022 at 10:42 AM.