Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

Default Re: FIFA World Cup 2022 Draw

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    Group F,A,G is gonna be interesting.
    I see what you did there (or didn't)

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Most even draw ever?

1 great team in all with the exception of E which has 2.
    What is the great team in group B? England? Dont you have to actually win sometimes to be considered great?

World Cup starts this Sunday. Definitely feels weird starting in November and not June.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    What is the great team in group B? England? Dont you have to actually win sometimes to be considered great?
    They get called great because they won like a half century ago, same as Uruguay when they won 100 years ago or some shit

The Messi Effect - The whole and entire media and millions of fans picking Argentina to win the World Cup. In reality they have just a puncher's chance. How can you tell? Look at how many of their national team players play for the biggest teams in the world. The big CL contenders like Real Madrid, Bayern, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, PSG...

Messi

End of list.

It's pretty damn insane!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    They get called great because they won like a half century ago, same as Uruguay when they won 100 years ago or some shit
    Football teams dont become great by winning the WC or EURO's, dummie.

Otherwise there'd be like 3 great teams in a decade.

Teams can still be great without winning.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Football teams dont become great by winning the WC or EURO's, dummie.

Otherwise there'd be like 3 great teams in a decade.

Teams can still be great without winning.
    Are you saying England is a great team then? Dummy? How would you go about calling teams great if they don't win shit? By FIFA rankings then? England is ranked 5th worldwide, right in front of Italy that didn't even make it to the WC so so much for that...what exactly makes England great

And yes, teams should be called great on results, not on potential. France and Germany had the last great teams, Portugal isn't even with your mancrush on that squad.
    Last edited by TheMan; 11-18-2022 at 03:24 AM.

^ Portugal is a stacked team. Literally great in attack, midfield and defense. Not sure how they aren't among betting favorites especially since topping their very winnable group will give them a somewhat easy draw in the knockouts as well.

I've got Brazil, Germany and Portugal as my three favorites.

Are you saying England is a great team then? Dummy? How would you go about calling teams great if they don't win shit? By FIFA rankings then? England is ranked 5th worldwide, right in front of Italy that didn't even make it to the WC so so much for that...what exactly makes England great

And yes, teams should be called great on results, not on potential. France and Germany had the last great teams, Portugal isn't even with your mancrush on that squad.
    Not saying this England team is great, but you can be without winning. That Socrates, Zico Brazil team was great, so was the 70s dutch team among others.

I think England is overlooked though. They have a group they should win easily then they could face Senegal/Ecuador in R16 and Denmark in QF. I could see them in the SF easily and once you're that far you're in it to win it. I think their mentality can be questioned for sure but they have the talent to make noise.

NBA Superstar

England has a great team. Their talent is up there with any in the field

I think the meaning of the word great is the issue here...speaking only for myself, I don't like throwing the word great around, I reserve it for the truly elite, for example, winning the world cup...you don't luck your way into a world cup title. IMO, England and Portugal are two very talented teams but until the team actually holds the world cup at the end of the tournament, to me they are two very good teams and should be be considered great only until they proved it on the pitch by actually winning the cup.

On another note, awarding Qatar the WC will end up being seen as a mistake. I'm predicting a lot of foreigners are gonna get in trouble because of all of the restrictive laws they have there.

NBA Superstar

I think the meaning of the word great is the issue here...speaking only for myself, I don't like throwing the word great around, I reserve it for the truly elite, for example, winning the world cup...you don't luck your way into a world cup title. IMO, England and Portugal are two very talented teams but until the team actually holds the world cup at the end of the tournament, to me they are two very good teams and should be be considered great only until they proved it on the pitch by actually winning the cup.

On another note, awarding Qatar the WC will end up being seen as a mistake. I'm predicting a lot of foreigners are gonna get in trouble because of all of the restrictive laws they have there.
    Confirmed no alcohol.

Absolutely insane for the WC