Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 256572737475
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1125

Default Re: Boston Celtics vs. Brooklyn Nets 2022 NBA playoffs series thread

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    It felt like Kyrie did nothing. The entire first half I barely noticed he was there. The game plan appeared to be too give KD the ball and see if he can score 150. I can understand and empathize with anyone that thought it was just a show to make it look like he was doing all that he could but I personally believe that this was the strategy they thought have them the best chance to win. But I will admit that if I'm right everyone should be fired.
    Yep, kyrie has been on a downhill ever since he left kong around almost five years ago. So whiny, inconsistent and doesn't play to his standards like he did during his days in cleveland. What a ticking time bomb he was over time. Always detrimental with how he treats things should be catering to him and not wanting to deal with it if it doesn't go his way. The similarities between him and westbrook are just comical; both are cancers to their respective teams in their own ways. At least kd tried and only wanted to win but he's ran out of luck with that stubborn man. Still i doubt such loss earlier is capable of humbling kyrie's ego.

If Bens injury is as bad as he says, I wouldn’t be as optimistic as the nets fans are here.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Irving had a legendary series against Curry and drilled a championship winner in his face

Smart > Curry
    Just like Tatum > Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Kyrie pooped his pants.
    Half man, half a season.

In 3 seasons he has played 103 games

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    It felt like Kyrie did nothing. The entire first half I barely noticed he was there. The game plan appeared to be too give KD the ball and see if he can score 150. I can understand and empathize with anyone that thought it was just a show to make it look like he was doing all that he could but I personally believe that this was the strategy they thought have them the best chance to win. But I will admit that if I'm right everyone should be fired.
    Irving had a decent game. He made some big shots down the stretch but then KD took all the shots in like the last 2 minutes, so what's Kyrie supposed to do there? Kyrie and Seth had it going in the 4th, I wonder who made the call to just let KD shoot contested jumpers instead of getting Curry or Irving an open 3.

Kyrie doesn't seem like he cares about basketball all that much. If he wins, great, if he loses, oh well. It seemed like he checked out of the series as soon as it began

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot View Post
    Kyrie doesn't seem like he cares about basketball all that much. If he wins, great, if he loses, oh well. It seemed like he checked out of the series as soon as it began
    Kyrie checked out in game 1 when he had 39/6/5/4 on 60% shooting? More like KD killed their momentum. Nets had a great shot at doing something if KD wasn't getting dominated by Tatum.

Good High School Starter WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot View Post
    His game 1 said otherwise. But in some ways, I do agree. Just a super talented oddball. The Kanye of the NBA. He seemed very flippant in that game yesterday at times and not very engaged. Same thing with that Bucks series from 2019.

Kyrie had a big ass smile after the game, like wtf, a competitor should be PISSED.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post
    His game 1 said otherwise. But in some ways, I do agree. Just a super talented oddball. The Kanye of the NBA. He seemed very flippant in that game yesterday at times and not very engaged. Same thing with that Bucks series from 2019.
    I knew after game 1 Kyrie would not perform like that again. Felt like 2019 all over again. Big game 1 performance then absolutely shit the bed. But at least he didn't shoot the Nets out of the series. He just didn't show up.

15ppg on 37% shooting and 18% from 3 after Game 1 lol

Kyrie owes his entire career to Bran.

Before Bron and after Bron he has been awful.

off season Nets package a slum deal Irving and Simmons for 2nd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Kyrie owes his entire career to Bran.

Before Bron and after Bron he has been awful.
    but he is heady

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Too funny.

Series is a wrap. Moving this thread into the Celtics forum.