Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2022 off-season - a big one!

https://kslsports.com/486645/jazz-ta...draft-combine/

“Rutgers forward Ron Harper Jr. met with the Jazz and Warriors at the NBA Draft combine, he said,” Vorkunov reported. “He measured in at 6-4 without shoes but with a 7-1.25 wingspan.”
    their next PF?

https://swarmandsting.com/2022/05/19...a-free-agency/

With no player or team options on their roster, the Jazz will have a pretty straightforward 2022 offseason. The restricted contracts of Eric Paschall and Trent Forrest could get matched. While Paschall and Forrest are NBA-caliber players, they were not a large part of Utah’s rotation this season. If they receive large contracts elsewhere, Utah will probably let them walk. Charlotte could look at Paschall as a solid wing/big hybrid, which is a need on the Hornets’ current roster.
    I could see them matching Paschall cuz bff. Forrest is nice with his size, D and running the offense but unless he develops a shot he's only worth so much plus they have Butler and Nickeil now too

As for the unrestricted free agents, Hassan Whiteside and Danuel House are the only prospects on Utah’s roster. House should not be considered in Charlotte due to his lack of impact on the rotation, but Whiteside could provide incredible value as a defensive, rebound-oriented, low-usage big man. Whiteside could slide into the starting lineup if another big-name center does not venture to Charlotte, and he could be a temporary solution to Charlotte’s center problem.
    House was great! Please sign Whiteside as your starter!!!

At this juncture, Bradley Beal and Donovan Mitchell are both expected to remain committed to Washington and Utah, respectively, this summer. But if any trade request did arrive, the Hawks could create as strong an offer as any suitor.

– via Jake Fischer @ Bleacher Report
    To me if you trade Mitchell it has to be something like this. A vet ready to come in and compete

https://saltcityhoops.com/changes-co...rforming-jazz/

Hassan Whiteside: I give it a 0% chance that he returns to the team. He was an on-court upgrade over the departed Derrick Favors in the regular season, but never scored more than three points in any of Utah’s six playoff games. He’s a journeyman at this point in his career, and he’ll either sign with a team he feels will have a better chance of getting out of the first round for the vet minimum, or if a team will go beyond the minimum, he’ll wind up there regardless of their playoff hopes.
    assuming you think Udoka can stay on the floor he earned a shot. Bring in a vet behind him

Danuel House Jr.: He was a bright spot after signing midway through the season. He’s a 6-foot-6 wing who played solid perimeter defense and hit 41.5% from 3. He’s ideal for Quin Snyder’s system, and I expect they’ll try to figure out how to keep him.
    No Bird rights but he not COTM should be back

Eric Paschall (restricted): He had more DNP’s than most of Jazz Nation would have liked to have seen (and yet he appeared in 58 games). When he did play, he showed good hustle and energy. His 3-point shooting has improved every year, but most importantly, he and Donovan Mitchell are very good friends. He’s another guy I expect they’ll try to keep, and the matching rights will help.
    I'd want to go where I could play. He's a good energy guy at the end of the bench if he wants the role

Trent Forrest (restricted): It’s a sign on what a Jenga tower this roster was that his injury really hurt the Jazz in the playoffs. They missed his ability to move the ball and defend off the bench. The only way I see them keeping both Forrest and Jared Butler is if they are ready to move Mike Conley and start Mitchell at point guard.
    Yeah I can see Forrest and Butler both coming off the bench in the rotation. Nickeil in the mix as well on the wing

Bojan Bogdanovic: A case could be made that Bogdanovic is the third most important player on the team, after only the All-Stars. He’s the Jazz’s second leading scorer, and the Jazz were 4-9 in the games he missed. Some teams could see him as that missing veteran piece, a 33-year-old outside shooter unafraid to go inside. What adds to his value is that team often want to trade longer contracts for players on expiring deals to give them flexibility. If the Jazz do move Bogey, they’d need to find other ways to make up for his scoring.
    keep him. Move him to 6th man

Juancho Hernangomez (non-guaranteed): Another midseason acquisition, Hernangomez showed enough in practice for Snyder to play him over Rudy Gay in the playoffs. They like his length and ability to hit the three, so I could see them keeping him, but his $7.4 million salary is also an ideal throw-in to make a bigger trade work.
    he was great too. Ideally he's the back up 4 with someone they don't have yet starting. O'Neale back to the wing where he belongs

Jared Butler: I think they like him. I expect a big sophomore jump, if Snyder lets him play. Too bad the second-round draft rules didn’t allow them to get him that third year.
    He's good. He's the main reason you trade Conley

Jordan Clarkson: His 3-point shooting was atrocious, and he had his least efficient season since he joined the Jazz. He went inside more toward the end of the season, which certainly helped save his efficiency. In all, he posted the second best +/- numbers on the team, behind only Rudy Gobert, and best on the whole team from February 1 on. As one Jazz beat writer once said, they may need to trade Clarkson to save Quin from himself, as no one on the team has a more green light, even when he has one of his 3-16 shooting nights.
    Save us from COTM please!. Him and Clarkson need to go!

Rudy Gay: In the tradition of Ed Davis or Jeff Green, Gay was another veteran signing that just didn’t work out. They’ll do what they can to move him. Tragically, he has never made it out of the first round of the playoffs in his entire career.
    played his best ball at the end of the year and still got benched. If they had a different coach maybe he'd fit?

Mike Conley: Conley is a tremendous teammate, and a positive in nearly all lineups. But starting two 6-foot-1 guards in this day and age means no conference finals. The backcourts of the final four teams: Boston has 6-foot-3 Marcus Smart and 6-foot-6 Jaylen Brown; Miami has 6-foot Kyle Lowry and 6-foot-5 Max Strus; GSW has 6-foot-2 Steph Curry and 6-foot-6 Klay Thompson; and Dallas has 6-foot-1 Jalen Brunson and 6-foot-7 Luka Doncic. The only way I see Conley staying is if Mitchell is unexpectedly traded in some blockbuster.
    I could see Conley off the bench but Butler needs to play and Mitchell needs to be at the one or next to a bigger 1. If Forrest could shoot they'd have the perfect guy!

Royce O’Neale: His numbers don’t look that much different than previous years, but his defense failed the eye test more and more this season. For many stretches he was the only non-French guy on the floor playing defense, and it was his clutch 3 that got them a win in the first round. I think it’s 50/50 if he’s on the team next year.
    he's close with Mitchell and they both sucked after the break. That is the story. WTF? Move him to the wing and possibly the bench. Love Royce!

Udoka Azubuike (team option for 2023-24): His development’s been slow and his injuries are a concern. He does have potential, but this is the guy that basically cost Dennis Lindsey his job when he drafted him over Desmond Bane. (I guarantee 100% the Jazz would have made the second round this year and maybe WCF if they had selected Bane instead of Dok.)
    COTM cost him his job. They needed a center to develop not another guard that COTM wouldn't play

Donovan Mitchell: When Mitchell was drafted, his defensive potential made his ceiling look like the next Dwyane Wade. Now it’s feeling more like Damian Lillard. The Mavs defense exposed his offensive weaknesses and he has a lot of work to do if he wants to be in the conversation as a top-10 NBA player. A multi-year All-Star, he’s currently in the Top 25 range. The sky is still the limit for him but he needs some — dare I say it — Mamba mentality to get there.
    already has the Mamba mentality. Shoot, shoot and shoot some more

My guess is that come October, this Jazz team will still feature Mitchell and Gobert, along with about six of the other guys currently on the roster. The rest will be new faces. The front office has a lot of work to do.
    the fact that COTM apparently can do no wrong like Jerry Sloan I have little faith in the front office

Andy Larsen: Jazz announce their first draft workout tomorrow. Six players will take part: · R.J. Cole, Connecticut · Tyson Etienne, Wichita State · Johnny Juzang, UCLA · Jared Rhoden, Seton Hall · Akoldah Gak, Australia · Trevion Williams, Purdue
    – via Twitter andyblarsen

Chris Fedor on trade candidates to watch: Here are the names that I’ve heard: I think both (Bojan and Bogdan) Bogdanovics would make sense. Gordon Hayward, whose salary lines up with Kevin Love… Tobias Harris, Harrison Barnes, Gary Trent Jr., Jeremi Grant, Aaron Gordon. And this is one that I’m watching. I think it’s less likely than it was when the postseason started, but it’s one that I’ve heard kicked around inside the walls of Cleveland. It’s Andrew Wiggins of the Warriors.

– via Michael Scotto @ *********

Chris Fedor: There’s another name, too, since they need a reliable backup point guard that can start, and I’ve heard this name with the Cavaliers as well. My sources tell me JB Bickerstaff would love to coach him again, Mike Conley. If Utah decides to move him in an effort to put the right pieces around Donovan Mitchell and shake up that roster. Conley for somebody like Caris LeVert is something I think the Cavs would consider.
    – via Michael Scotto @ *********
    LeVert not a great shooter

Marc Stein: The Knicks are expected to hire DeSegana Diop as the new head coach of their G League @wcknicks, league sources say. Diop was represented by Knicks president of basketball operations Leon Rose as a player and has coached with Utah and Houston. More: marcstein.Substack.com
    – via Twitter TheSteinLine

Marc Berman: DeSegana Diop will become G League head coach, sources confirm. He coached in Utah with Johnny Bryant as fellow assistants. He’s the cousin of Knicks personnel man Makhtar N’diaye. Comes from the Rockets as an assistant. His ties with Bryant are noteworthy.
    – via Twitter NYPost_Berman

Priority Sports: Congrats to Udoka Azubuike on officially becoming a U.S. citizen today!

Congrats to Udoka Azubuike on officially becoming a U.S. citizen today! pic.twitter.com/FB8b86agxb
    — Priority Sports (@PrioritySports) May 27, 2022

– via Twitter PrioritySports

7 plus wingspan on a 6'6 frame. Still raw but has looked great at times. Hasn't hired agent. Not expected to get drafted

Rudy Gobert is a three-time Defensive Player of the Year in the NBA and confirmed his plans to help the pursuit of EuroBasket gold when speaking to French media outlet L’Equipe. “It’s been a few days that it’s been clear in my head,” he said via L’Equipe. “The process took some time. If I listened to myself, I would still be 200 percent to go, but in recent years I’ve had a few breaks because of knee pain.”
    – via BasketNews

Rudy Gobert: “Once I had an MRI to ensure there was no problem, I was able to organize my summer. It was important that everything was clear in my head before I committed. The fact that Evan [Fournier] is there is a factor, I love going to war with him.”
    – via BasketNews