Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default Is it just me or is Kyrie Irving overrated?

He had one good year and hit the shot in 16. He’s not the most skilled player, my ass. He’s not even the best scorer or shooter. Average passer and defender. Morant is better than him, faster and finishes better. Curry shoots better than Irving. Irving is just an undersized, under athletic guard who has handles and they aren’t even all that special.

Plus he’s an idiot. He didn’t get the vaccine. You’re supposed to be there for your team, dumb dumb. It’s not about you. You ain’t shit. We act like Irving is a super duper star. Where’s the scoring titles and MVP awards?

Most skilled player my ass. Most skilled at missing games and making excuses.

Banned

Default Re: Is it just me or is Kyrie Irving overrated?

You have to put him next to a passer/playmaker

Similar to how you have to put Lowry next to a scorer

Someone like jokic if he played defense would be a good fit next to Irving.

Thats probably the biggest problem with Irving, his defense is atrocious

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post
    He had one good year and hit the shot in 16. He’s not the most skilled player, my ass. He’s not even the best scorer or shooter. Average passer and defender. Morant is better than him, faster and finishes better. Curry shoots better than Irving. Irving is just an undersized, under athletic guard who has handles and they aren’t even all that special.

Plus he’s an idiot. He didn’t get the vaccine. You’re supposed to be there for your team, dumb dumb. It’s not about you. You ain’t shit. We act like Irving is a super duper star. Where’s the scoring titles and MVP awards?

you forgot the part about the earth being flat

Retired

no he was on an all time great trajectory and just had physical and mental health derail his career. he had one of the greatest finals ever in 2016 and then lebron drove him away. then boston ran him out due to injuries and not wanting to share the ball. then the media turned on him. then BLM happened. then the capital riots. then kobe died. then covid. then the vaccine mess. then more injuries and media problems. then teammates sold him out again and now hes a shell of himself mentally and hes out of rhythm

i blame lebron for starting this snowball effect though. i remember the moment too. it was when he was the cover athlete and they still gave him a shit rating and lebron laughed or mocked him for it and called him a kid or something

Local High School Star

Oh of course

Kyrie opened multiple playoff runs refusing to pass while having amazing teammates, multiple times.

Thought he was Bill Russell against Giannis of all people in 2019. While just playing dumb offense.

And that’s just post 2015.

Pre 2015 his defense was Trae level and he couldn’t beat defenses at a true all star level.

He has never had a good defensive season despite starting off on fire as a help defender in 2019, he still fizzled out.

Lowest substance “star” in the league with Demar, Lavine, most KAT seasons etc.

BUT he was pretty much FELT, like truly respected and felt as good as say prime Chris Paul to fans literally up until now.

Like, fans FELT in their hearts, whether they knew it or not, he was as good as any point guard or even guard in the 2010’s outside Curry. And maybe even better than Curry “kUz 2016”

NBA lottery pick

Underrated from 2014-2018.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Connor View Post
    no he was on an all time great trajectory and just had physical and mental health derail his career. he had one of the greatest finals ever in 2016 and then lebron drove him away. then boston ran him out due to injuries and not wanting to share the ball. then the media turned on him. then BLM happened. then the capital riots. then kobe died. then covid. then the vaccine mess. then more injuries and media problems. then teammates sold him out again and now hes a shell of himself mentally and hes out of rhythm

i blame lebron for starting this snowball effect though. i remember the moment too. it was when he was the cover athlete and they still gave him a shit rating and lebron laughed or mocked him for it and called him a kid or something
    Shocking

The lengths you go to make excuses though is pretty impressive tbh.

NBA Superstar

He’s perfect at what he does but is overrated by some who think he’s an elite overall player.

He definitely needs someone to carry the load outside of just ISO scoring. But pairing him with a guy who can do everything else a high level is a wildly dynamic combo.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    He’s perfect at what he does but is overrated by some who think he’s an elite overall player.

He definitely needs someone to carry the load outside of just ISO scoring. But pairing him with a guy who can do everything else a high level is a wildly dynamic combo.
    Perfect at what? He’s a small guard that refuses to pass or defend. He will **** your entire cohesiveness.

A bag of shit and a guy that does everything well will look good.

If you had the traditional or even typical archetypes of every position outside PG with Kyrie as PG, you’re ****ed, EVEN if every position around him is good. 2018 and 2019 Boston proved that.

The guy is flashy chucker, albeit hella skilled, with no reliability not to be schemed out.

He’s literally an idiots idea of an ideal player.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Connor View Post

You said you are top 1% in intellect but this qualifies as bottom 1% in stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post

Kyrie Irving before and after LeBron has accomplished nothing with his teams.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 999Guy View Post
    Perfect at what? He’s a small guard that refuses to pass or defend. He will **** your entire cohesiveness.

A bag of shit and a guy that does everything well will look good.

If you had the traditional or even typical archetypes of every position outside PG with Kyrie as PG, you’re ****ed, EVEN if every position around him is good. 2018 and 2019 Boston proved that.

The guy is flashy chucker, albeit hella skilled, with no reliability not to be schemed out.

He’s literally an idiots idea of an ideal player.
    He’s perfect because his 1-on-1 abilities are insane. If a team is going to game plan for someone that isn’t him he’s going to eat more than anyone else could.

I don't know anymore. I was pretty high on Kyrie still am but disappointed with the last series

National High School Star

I think so...recency bias and disrespect to earlier PG's has inflated his value. He's a hall of famer but he's not top twenty for his position right now. He's cost more wins that I think any other PG

PG -
    Tier 1 - Magic, Oscar, Stockton, Curry, CPIII, Frazier, Kidd, Tiny Archibald, Thomas, Cousy,
    Tier 2 - Nash, Parker, Monroe, Lillard, Payton, Wilkens, Doncic, Westbrook, Moncrief, Rondo
    Tier 3 - Irving, Price, Jackson, Lowry, Bing, Young, P. Hardaway, D. Johnson, Rose, Cheeks

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    I think so...recency bias and disrespect to earlier PG's has inflated his value. He's a hall of famer but he's not top twenty for his position right now. He's cost more wins that I think any other PG

PG -
    Tier 1 - Magic, Oscar, Stockton, Curry, CPIII, Frazier, Kidd, Tiny Archibald, Thomas, Cousy,
    Tier 2 - Nash, Parker, Monroe, Lillard, Payton, Wilkens, Doncic, Westbrook, Moncrief, Rondo
    Tier 3 - Irving, Price, Jackson, Lowry, Bing, Young, P. Hardaway, D. Johnson, Rose, Cheeks
    He's not tier below Rondo,Lillard and Tony Parker