Default California taxes the ish outta your Gas. Now they want to tax lithium

https://www.yahoo.com/news/californi...025926314.html

Right after they jack up the price of gas for the environment. They will now get you for your lithium battery

Default Re: California taxes the ish outta your Gas. Now they want to tax lithium

I will keep driving a gas powered car no matter how expensive gas gets. I want to make the maximum contribution to global warming/climate change. I will drive my gas guzzling V8 until Obama's, Biden's, and Gore's beachside mansions are all under water.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Default Re: California taxes the ish outta your Gas. Now they want to tax lithium

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    I will keep driving a gas powered car no matter how expensive gas gets. I want to make the maximum contribution to global warming/climate change. I will drive my gas guzzling V8 until Obama's, Biden's, and Gore's beachside mansions are all under water.
    Lol why? Sure gas vehicles are more fun to drive but from a practicality standpoint electric vehicles are much better. They are faster, have better ground clearance for 4x4s, have an even torque line for climbing hills, etc. I'd like to keep a gas powered vehicle around for pure nostalgia but it's definitely going to be a lightweight little sports car and/or toyota pickup with a manual transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    buying a new electric car is probably much worse for the environment than driving an old gas car into the ground. look up "lithium mining" on google images

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    buying a new electric car is probably much worse for the environment than driving an old gas car into the ground. look up "lithium mining" on google images
    Dont forget about lithium disposal

Quote Originally Posted by BigKobeFan View Post
    Dont forget about lithium disposal
    TBH this is probably one of the few examples of California coming up with a sensible law... lithium batteries probably should be taxed, and I say that as a Tesla owner

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    Lol why? Sure gas vehicles are more fun to drive but from a practicality standpoint electric vehicles are much better. They are faster, have better ground clearance for 4x4s, have an even torque line for climbing hills, etc. I'd like to keep a gas powered vehicle around for pure nostalgia but it's definitely going to be a lightweight little sports car and/or toyota pickup with a manual transmission.
    Practicality? Range?

Time to recharge? Cost of replacing battery and how often?

They should tax heroin and theft- they’d make enough money in 90 days to end their homeless problem for good.

Every time somebody gets caught shooting up at the bus stop that’s $50. Run into CVS and steal cosmetics? -$50 fine. Game over