Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Has Tinder made cold approaching chicks obsolete?

I started going hard on Tinder 2 months ago and I banged 4 chicks in just over a month from the last week of March till now. 2 out of 4 pretty good looking too. And I've got about 10 more phone numbers currently from Tinder and hotter girls than the last batch too. I hope at least 3-4 dates and 1-2 lays from that.

I don't drink anymore so I don't game chicks in bars and clubs much like in my 20's. I've been doing a bit of day game recently but it's **** hard. I need 10+ numbers to get 1 date and to get 10 numbers I gotta be in state and shit when I talk to them. Might take hours pounding the pavement at a mall or on the street. On Tinder 10 phone numbers in a week is very doable and I can sit on the couch, swipe and send a few texts. And funny enough fewer numbers flake too. I think I can get 3-4 dates from 10 phone numbers online compared to maybe 1 date for 10 phone numbers from in meeting them in person.

Now boys, the caveat is that these Tinder girls aren't long-term relationship material. One of them which is the hottest one admitted to me she boinked several guys she met from the app since Feb!

Default Re: Has Tinder made cold approaching chicks obsolete?

Dont you have to pay for tinder now? I aint no trick

If it works for you, go for it. It doesnt work for most.

Ive completely changed it up. Not paying for tinder.

Ive been working to be where Im at today for years.

Im at a point where I can go up to anyone, anytime. Its so ****ing free'ing. There is no more anxiety.

I didnt even try today and I got 4 chicks' insta's. Walking up to girl groups n shit.

I got 5 on saturday and had a date with one today. These are all dimes, mind you.

I love the cold approach.

Nothing feels more 'real'.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 05-10-2022 at 10:00 PM.

Its actually completely different.

Think about it this way.

Whenever you approach a girl, you have a match. You and her are there, you can speak, she listens, vice versa. You can send your texts, only in real.

On tinder, for the average man, it takes hundreds of swipes for a match, and even more matches for a match turning into a convo, and even more for one convo to end up in a date.

The percentages are extremely low. The average male has a 0.8% swipe success rate on tinder.

You can find girlfriend material on there if you look for it.

If you're looking for sex and a quickie you'll get that instead.

Tinder is a breeding ground for low.self esteem woman to fill their egos. You're doing them a service. You're just a number just like they are to you. Only you are fishing. They are shooting fish in a barrel.

well, you probably have to be in a still position to get a hand job and/or blow job. I'm not even sure if you are allowed to speak or text when the act occurs.

in reality, you're really just actively tucking it in, and pulling it out.

what am I? girl scout cookies

what we're trying to do? being at the right place, at the right time, with the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post

Im at a point where I can go up to anyone, anytime. Its so ****ing free'ing. There is no more anxiety.

I didnt even try today and I got 4 chicks' insta's. Walking up to girl groups n shit.

I got 5 on saturday and had a date with one today. These are all dimes, mind you.

Its actually completely different.

Think about it this way.

Whenever you approach a girl, you have a match. You and her are there, you can speak, she listens, vice versa. You can send your texts, only in real.

On tinder, for the average man, it takes hundreds of swipes for a match, and even more matches for a match turning into a convo, and even more for one convo to end up in a date.

The percentages are extremely low. The average male has a 0.8% swipe success rate on tinder.
    How old are you bro? Where do you game? Malls? Nightclubs?

If you're an average male you're **** either way bro. Average dudes aren't hooking up with girls they meet on the street or in the club either. If you're so fearless approaching you are definitely WAY ABOVE an average guy...

I never go for IG always for the phone number. I find that most halfway good-looking girls have so many thirsty dudes DMing them that you just become one of her orbiters. On the other hand, there is way fewer dudes texting her. IG can work if you have a sick IG with ton of high status travel pics etc. but I don't.

With day game, you are also looking at super low %'s though. What % of hot girls that you see do you actually approach? What % of the ones you approach stick around to talk for a minute? What % of those who talk give you their number/IG? What % of those that give their number/IG come out on a date? Many dudes on Reddit are posting they Day Game Reports and they are getting like 1 date per 100 cold approaches. And doing a hundred approaches is easily hours of work. From Tinder the last two months I got 10 dates from 77 matches. The time investment disparity is night and day.
    Last edited by dankok8; 05-11-2022 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    How old are you bro? Where do you game? Malls? Nightclubs?

If you're an average male you're **** either way bro. Average dudes aren't hooking up with girls they meet on the street or in the club either. If you're so fearless approaching you are definitely WAY ABOVE an average guy...

I never go for IG always for the phone number. I find that most halfway good-looking girls have so many thirsty dudes DMing them that you just become one of her orbiters. On the other hand, there is way fewer dudes texting her. IG can work if you have a sick IG with ton of high status travel pics etc. but I don't.

With day game, you are also looking at super low %'s though. What % of hot girls that you see do you actually approach? What % of the ones you approach stick around to talk for a minute? What % of those who talk give you their number/IG? What % of those that give their number/IG come out on a date? Many dudes on Reddit are posting they Day Game Reports and they are getting like 1 date per 100 cold approaches. And doing a hundred approaches is easily hours of work. From Tinder the last two months I got 10 dates from 77 matches. The time investment disparity is night and day.
    Where do I GAME?

The streets bro.

I do all this in broad daylight.

I‘m 25.

There is no more anxiety significantly holding me back.

I know that its rare. Even good looking guys (and Im not a model or anything) dont have this. I was out with a friend a couple days ago and kept chatting up girls while we strolled and he was like damn I gotta do it once also...

But what do you mean way above an "average guy" ? in looks or mentality/confidence? if its the latter then yea, the former not necessarily. I'm tall and white, i got some nice arms and probably look pretty fit. Nothing crazy though.

I literally approach every single attractive girl at this point.

Every one.

On some occasions I've changed to the other side of the street to approach her.

And I get the insta 90% of the time, pretty much.

I try to make at least a tiny conversation of it.

Yesterday night I had a rare instance where the chick just continued walking, but I actually saw her dancing couple hours before at an event kind of thing and said that, and then she stopped and laughed, said she normally doesn‘t respond to such things fearing creeps.

But normally girls just stop and are flattered.

They love compliments and attention, as long as you do it tastefully.

Everything is much more normal once you talk, than when you just gawk like they're some alien.

1 date per 100 cold approaches, they must not be very good.

I might do a YouTube channel for this, but it's gonna be in German.

I also do stand-up by the way, so I do have good confidence, if that makes you understand it more.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 05-11-2022 at 04:09 PM.

Where do I GAME?

The streets bro.

I do all this in broad daylight.

I‘m 25.

There is no more anxiety significantly holding me back.

I know that its rare. Even good looking guys (and Im not a model or anything) dont have this. I was out with a friend a couple days ago and kept chatting up girls while we strolled and he was like damn I gotta do it once also...

But what do you mean way above an "average guy" ? in looks or mentality/confidence? if its the latter then yea, the former not necessarily. I'm tall and white, i got some nice arms and probably look pretty fit. Nothing crazy though.

I literally approach every single attractive girl at this point.

Every one.

On some occasions I've changed to the other side of the street to approach her.

And I get the insta 90% of the time, pretty much.

I try to make at least a tiny conversation of it.

Yesterday night I had a rare instance where the chick just continued walking, but I actually saw her dancing couple hours before at an event kind of thing and said that, and then she stopped and laughed, said she normally doesn‘t respond to such things fearing creeps.

But normally girls just stop and are flattered.

They love compliments and attention, as long as you do it tastefully.

Everything is much more normal once you talk, than when you just gawk like they're some alien.

1 date per 100 cold approaches, they must not be very good.

I might do a YouTube channel for this, but it's gonna be in German.

I also do stand-up by the way, so I do have good confidence, if that makes you understand it more.
    I applaud you bro. You must have really paid your dues to get to the point of very little anxiety. It's a tough road of self-doubt and building yourself up as a man. I've probably made thousands of approaches in my life and I've collected hundreds of phone numbers and I still have anxiety sometimes. I'm 34 by the way. I started being scared to approach, then I could approach after a few beers then I could approach completely sober. But it took time... years... and I still would rank myself as intermediate in day game approaching.

Tall, white, fit and great confidence/mentality isn't average. I'd venture you're in the top 5% of guys easily. The average guy is 5'9'', slightly overweight and scared shitless to approach a girl unless drunk/high. Is that guy gonna have better than 1 date in 100 street approaches assuming he even has the balls to approach 100 times? Maybe not...

Does 0.8% match rate on Tinder look bad considering that? I don't think it does. If he does 1000 swipes in a week, an average guy will get 8 matches. Let's say 1-2 good looking girls. In a month that's 5-10 good looking girls. He can get 1 date out of that. It's not bad.
    Last edited by dankok8; 05-11-2022 at 04:55 PM.

Not at all. Online dating is trash for actually finding a relationship.

My basic rule of thumb is to approach women who show interest. Who cold approaches anymore? It's horrible and not worth it. Maybe I'm lucky because most chicks like how I look, so I get signals.

I applaud you bro. You must have really paid your dues to get to the point of very little anxiety. It's a tough road of self-doubt and building yourself up as a man. I've probably made thousands of approaches in my life and I've collected hundreds of phone numbers and I still have anxiety sometimes. I'm 34 by the way. I started being scared to approach, then I could approach after a few beers then I could approach completely sober. But it took time... years... and I still would rank myself as intermediate in day game approaching.
    Oh yes.

I had the urge to speak to and really approach girls since forever.

As I'm sure many do.

What you end up doing is just look, acknowledge the beauty, and move on.... and you work in very circumstantial circles, or none at all and go exclusively over apps, or luck with colleagues, friends of friends, etc.

You don't do that because you love it that way, but because you don't dare to do more.

If someone is good to go with the cold approach, he obviously has a much bigger market.

The whole market, in fact.

It hasn't always been this way.

Much like you, I had phases.

I got this dime's insta once and I was like damn, I got it now...I got this. And then it went again, shortly after. Much a day form thing.

I needed to see a girl twice for me to muster up the courage/preparation to approach her, telling myself this next time is it... and even then sometimes I would buckle.

Usually you completely forget about the approach. You see a girl, you think she could be hot, she comes closer, yes she is hot (wow! *drool), whoops, she's passed you...
    "why didn't you say something?!" <mind

A little over a year ago I still had some terrible approaches where I definitely wouldn't even have given myself the number/insta.

Women simply immediately catch onto your insecurity. If you are secure, it comforts them, they are secure.

It can be a little annoying because I wanna stay on edge and almost force myself to speak to women every day, so it can happen I throw myself at girls I don't even find hot or would wanna make the effort of texting for.

Tall, white, fit and great confidence/mentality isn't average. I'd venture you're in the top 5% of guys easily. The average guy is 5'9'', slightly overweight and scared shitless to approach a girl unless drunk/high. Is that guy gonna have better than 1 date in 100 street approaches assuming he even has the balls to approach 100 times? Maybe not...

Does 0.8% match rate on Tinder look bad considering that? I don't think it does. If he does 1000 swipes in a week, an average guy will get 8 matches. Let's say 1-2 good looking girls. In a month that's 5-10 good looking girls. He can get 1 date out of that. It's not bad.
    I guess for those guys tinder makes sense?

But what would suit them better, is if they get to the level of making halfway competent approaches..

of course in their current sterile state, not much would come out of it. But it never will if they rot away on tinder.

Now thats not you.

I assume you look pretty decent and/or can text well, if you've hooked up that frequently with the app.

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post

My basic rule of thumb is to approach women who show interest. Who cold approaches anymore? It's horrible and not worth it. Maybe I'm lucky because most chicks like how I look, so I get signals.

Easily the most rewarding and real interactions there are.

Nothing better than making an acquintance out of a stranger you find attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post

Read that as "most chicks I like like how I look",

in that case, probably an illusion.

People tend to tell themselves "it works fine because most girls I like luckily like me/give me signals", but thats just because girls showing you affection become more attractive/sympathetic to you. If other girls you hadnt previously considered would wink at you n stuff, then you (not necessarily you per se) would be up for them also.

Oh yes.

I had the urge to speak to and really approach girls since forever.

As I'm sure many do.

What you end up doing is just look, acknowledge the beauty, and move on.... and you work in very circumstantial circles, or none at all and go exclusively over apps, or luck with colleagues, friends of friends, etc.

You don't do that because you love it that way, but because you don't dare to do more.

If someone is good to go with the cold approach, he obviously has a much bigger market.

The whole market, in fact.

It hasn't always been this way.

Much like you, I had phases.

I got this dime's insta once and I was like damn, I got it now...I got this. And then it went again, shortly after. Much a day form thing.

I needed to see a girl twice for me to muster up the courage/preparation to approach her, telling myself this next time is it... and even then sometimes I would buckle.

Usually you completely forget about the approach. You see a girl, you think she could be hot, she comes closer, yes she is hot (wow! *drool), whoops, she's passed you...
    "why didn't you say something?!" <mind

A little over a year ago I still had some terrible approaches where I definitely wouldn't even have given myself the number/insta.

Women simply immediately catch onto your insecurity. If you are secure, it comforts them, they are secure.

It can be a little annoying because I wanna stay on edge and almost force myself to speak to women every day, so it can happen I throw myself at girls I don't even find hot or would wanna make the effort of texting for.

I guess for those guys tinder makes sense?

But what would suit them better, is if they get to the level of making halfway competent approaches..

of course in their current sterile state, not much would come out of it. But it never will if they rot away on tinder.

Now thats not you.

I assume you look pretty decent and/or can text well, if you've hooked up that frequently with the app.
    Everything you say makes sense and I agree with.

My notion wasn't that day approaches aren't worth it. Quite on the contrary. Like you said approaching women gives you freedom and access to the entire market. However these days I can get a nice decent trickle of matches on Tinder and it's just easier. Less time and energy invested per date per lay or however you wanna quantify it.

In terms of my looks I've been told I'm good looking. I'm 6 feet, pretty fit, and dress better than most guys. I wear a lot of nice designer shit and chicks compliment me on my style sometimes lol With that said I'm not using professional photos on Tinder and I'm far from being Brad Pitt.

I see cold approaching more as a habit than a skill. Talking to women all the time like every day is crucial because at some point you see a hot chick and you automatically open her before your mind has a chance to paralyze you. For example, a few weeks ago I opened this stunning Japanese girl in the mall and in a very spontaneous way. I saw her and opened within 2 seconds. I asked her out for coffee right on the spot, she was really into it and and even though I kind of ****ed it up later, the approach was great and I'm proud of that. When I see a girl if my mind starts thinking "Oh she's got earbuds in." or "She is walking kind of fast." or whatever else I will probably do a very weak approach or talk myself out of approaching altogether. That's why staying on the edge as you call it is important. See the target and approach right away. What killed the warrior? Hesitation...
    Last edited by dankok8; 05-11-2022 at 10:21 PM.

I believe you i just dont trust your definition of dimes. Nikkas be saying the most mediocre b1tches is dimes these days.