Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 137
  1. #16
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    43,941

    Default Re: Has Tinder made cold approaching chicks obsolete?

    Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Everything you say makes sense and I agree with.

    My notion wasn't that day approaches aren't worth it. Quite on the contrary. Like you said approaching women gives you freedom and access to the entire market. However these days I can get a nice decent trickle of matches on Tinder and it's just easier. Less time and energy invested per date per lay or however you wanna quantify it.

    In terms of my looks I've been told I'm good looking. I'm 6 feet, pretty fit, and dress better than most guys. I wear a lot of nice designer shit and chicks compliment me on my style sometimes lol With that said I'm not using professional photos on Tinder and I'm far from being Brad Pitt.

    I see cold approaching more as a habit than a skill. Talking to women all the time like every day is crucial because at some point you see a hot chick and you automatically open her before your mind has a chance to paralyze you. For example, a few weeks ago I opened this stunning Japanese girl in the mall and in a very spontaneous way. I saw her and opened within 2 seconds. I asked her out for coffee right on the spot, she was really into it and and even though I kind of ****ed it up later, the approach was great and I'm proud of that. When I see a girl if my mind starts thinking "Oh she's got earbuds in." or "She is walking kind of fast." or whatever else I will probably do a very weak approach or talk myself out of approaching altogether. That's why staying on the edge as you call it is important. See the target and approach right away. What killed the warrior? Hesitation...

    Thats a very good point. Now that you mention it, I dont feel that anymore. Being struck right when you wanna walk up. The most I get if its early in the day is my heart beat raise but nothing too serious, I'll walk up and its gone.

    And yeah, just doing it is good. Putting yourself out there. Also foreign chicks are easier^^

    earbuds, fast walking, dont matter. Only thing that leaves me a little unsure is when they're on the phone but cmon, cant pass up a woman you like because theyre on the phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    I believe you i just dont trust your definition of dimes. Nikkas be saying the most mediocre b1tches is dimes these days.
    True but I'm being serious here. Like these are desired girls. Trust me. No holding back. One was walking around a very known spot here in Berlin and I saw people's heads turning for her. She was white/blonde, fit, slim, yet big ass and chest, young... like #1 pornstar shit if she would be, for comparison sake. I waited for my moment and approached her.

    I'm not saying I'm some kind of playboy. It didn't end up in anything.

    But as I said, you just gotta put yourself out there. Live with no regrets. Me and this chick were on the subway for a couple stations, talked and laughed, we got out and she damn near told me where she lived, then she hugged me for really no reason, and once we texted on insta she ghosted the convo after one message of hers.

    Sometimes you'll have these experiences. Girls often dont really know what they want. Shortly after she posted a story with a template that was like "when your love language is physical touch but your toxic trait is avoidance" I was like yea i noticed that shit

  2. #17
    #701 highwhey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30,351

    Default Re: Has Tinder made cold approaching chicks obsolete?

    im lucky i found a great girlfriend. sweetest girl ever, hot af, smart af. i met her back in november and my cousin reminded me "remember what you told back then when we were at the airbnb? you said she'd be your girlfriend". he doubted me too, shit, i doubted me

  3. #18
    Is it in you? hateraid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In your local 7-11 freezers
    Posts
    18,078

    Default Re: Has Tinder made cold approaching chicks obsolete?

    I don't know how I'd survive in today's dating pool. I met my wife organically over 25 years ago. I'm lucky to be with her because the woman today seem to lack morals and self respect. Online gives women power over those traits. Hard to find a woman like my wife

  4. #19
    Bitch Hands fsvr54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,022

    Default Re: Has Tinder made cold approaching chicks obsolete?

    Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post



    Easily the most rewarding and real interactions there are.


    Nothing better than making an acquintance out of a stranger you find attractive.



    Read that as "most chicks I like like how I look",

    in that case, probably an illusion.

    People tend to tell themselves "it works fine because most girls I like luckily like me/give me signals", but thats just because girls showing you affection become more attractive/sympathetic to you. If other girls you hadnt previously considered would wink at you n stuff, then you (not necessarily you per se) would be up for them also.
    I don't understand your points? my point is girls who actually give signals are interested, duh. Cold approaching is approaching someone who gives zero signals. I'm a a handsome dude and get more attention than any average guy would.

  5. #20
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    43,941

    Default Re: Has Tinder made cold approaching chicks obsolete?

    Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    I don't understand your points? my point is girls who actually give signals are interested, duh. Cold approaching is approaching someone who gives zero signals. I'm a a handsome dude and get more attention than any average guy would.

    props, i guess

    cold approaching isnt just for zero signals, its for girls who might not have seen / noticed you.

    everyone is game.

    it opens up your possibilities.


    --


    on a semi related note, just started speaking with this girl in the subway (she was with her friend), we got out and it turns out we are damn near neighbors lmao.

  6. #21
    NBA Superstar MrFonzworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    14,306

    Default Re: Has Tinder made cold approaching chicks obsolete?

    Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    This is the guy giving advice about picking up girls

  7. #22
    NO KLAY, NO PLAY AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    5,917

    Default Re: Has Tinder made cold approaching chicks obsolete?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    This is the guy giving advice about picking up girls
    Sounds like a cool dude. That was genuinely funny

  8. #23
    NBA Superstar MrFonzworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    14,306

    Default Re: Has Tinder made cold approaching chicks obsolete?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Sounds like a cool dude. That was genuinely funny
    Monotone limp wristed dudes with no conviction are the coolest!

  9. #24
    I am creator deity Gohan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,383

    Default Re: Has Tinder made cold approaching chicks obsolete?

    Everywhere i go hoes say im fine so i dont use tinder and would never pay for it. But always remember dont trust hoes they say they love you when you know they dont and they wishy washy as hell

  10. #25
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    43,941

    Default Re: Has Tinder made cold approaching chicks obsolete?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Sounds like a cool dude. That was genuinely funny
    you come here and the beers are set ya hear me?


    we can go hit some bars or watch harden playoff clips

  11. #26
    NO KLAY, NO PLAY AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    5,917

    Default Re: Has Tinder made cold approaching chicks obsolete?

    Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    you come here and the beers are set ya hear me?


    we can go hit some bars or watch harden playoff clips


    You have some serious talent bro. "You know fonzworth... whatever the **** your name is called.. " and then proceed to tell him to leave his house in a charming way. That was a very smooth and classy roast. I can definitely see you doing stand up, you're a natural.

    I'll let you know when I'm in the area my boy

  12. #27
    College star dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,065

    Default Re: Has Tinder made cold approaching chicks obsolete?

    ArbitraryWater definitely knows what he's talking about when it comes to picking up chicks. His mentality is spot on. He and I disagree on a lot of sports topics, basically root for different players but he's a cool dude and pretty smart too.

  13. #28
    Brooklyn Manny98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    21,490

    Default Re: Has Tinder made cold approaching chicks obsolete?

    I hate online hookups because I have been catfished so many times.

    Luckily as a university student I am in a environment where I don't even have to use dating apps

    I feel like it's easier to pickup girls irl than on dating apps, unless you're really good looking you're not going to get matched up with anyone besides the odd desperate chubby girl or a 7/10 here and there

    They're girls that I have pulled on nights out that would instantly swipe left on my profile on Tinder

  14. #29
    Brooklyn Manny98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    21,490

    Default Re: Has Tinder made cold approaching chicks obsolete?

    Tough past 24 hours for little Fonzy

  15. #30
    Professor 8Ball 8Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Correcting the Jordan Record
    Posts
    6,620

    Default Re: Has Tinder made cold approaching chicks obsolete?

    Last time I hit on a girl while single she sat down next to me in public and I started talking to her soon after.

    8 years later she's my fiance.

    I prefer in person interaction than text messaging back and forth over apps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •