Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: "Luka Doncic reminded me of a White Lebron"

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    He is the Air apparent of LeBron
    Bran stans doubted him while everyone else told y'all he had next. You don't get to claim him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Bran stans doubted him while everyone else told y'all he had next. You don't get to claim him.
    Just wait until he becomes poised to pass Lebron up on the all time list, you'll see the Bronies lining up to disparage him.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    LeBron lost to these same Suns so no
    This! As the favorite at that

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    Just wait until he becomes poised to pass Lebron up on the all time list, you'll see the Bronies lining up to disparage him.
    So you think Luka will become the GOAT?

College superstar

Heir apparent

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Stop it, he plays like LeBron and his idol growing up was LeGOAT.

Even Kenny admitted that Luka "is" LeBron.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post

Just because they both dominate the ball doesn't mean they play the same. LeBron is one of if not the most athletic player of all time and dominates mostly with that while Luka is a slow fat white guy who uses absurd skill and moves to put guys in a blender. Luka is a much better shooter age for age right now as well. And badass clutch player.

Only thing that's really similar is their ball dominance, Luka's a different player in terms of his skillset. Bran didn't develop a consistent J until the 2nd half of his career.

Bran didn't develop a consistent J until the 2nd half of his career.
    It's not like Luka is a great shooter at the moment, he rarely takes mid-range shots. 40% of his attempts are from 3 and he shoots 35% from there which is average.

LeBron = Luka deal with it.

It's not like Luka is a great shooter at the moment, he rarely takes mid-range shots. 40% of his attempts are from 3 and he shoots 35% from there which is average.

LeBron = Luka deal with it.
    He's already made almost as many 3s his first 4 years than Bran did his entire 1st Cavs stint lmao, and he's over 44% from 10-16 and 42% on long 2s for his career already while Bran was 32% from 10-16 & 37.7% on long 2s his first 7 seasons in the league and never cracked 40% during that stretch and shot it even worse in most of his Playoff series with '09 being the aberration.

'05-'10 Playoffs
    10-16 ft: 29%
    long twos: 35.1%
    3-pointer: 31.6%

Yikes

He's already made almost as many 3s his first 4 years than Bran
    Well duh, it's a different league now. Luka for sure is a better shooter than a young LeBron. LeBron is just on another level athletically. Prime LeBron is a comparable shooter to current Luka.

The mid-range shot is gone. Teams realized Kobe's style of play of taking inefficient shots doesn't work so they went to shooting more 3s and shooting from inside. Even LeBron doesn't take nearly as many mid-range shots as he did in his early years in the league.

Well duh, it's a different league now. Luka for sure is a better shooter than a young LeBron. LeBron is just on another level athletically. Prime LeBron is a comparable shooter to current Luka.

The mid-range shot is gone. Teams realized Kobe's style of play of taking inefficient shots doesn't work so they went to shooting more 3s and shooting from inside. Even LeBron doesn't take nearly as many mid-range shots as he did in his early years in the league.
    Bran mainly took long 2s and was inefficient at them, so he expanded his range and it didn't click together until he was past his prime. I don't see that issue with Luka, it's just that he takes too many step-back 3s that look great on the highlight reel but aren't as efficient of a shot, once he gets better teammates and shoots more 3s off the catch his numbers will go up. The mid-range ain't gone, Luka makes plenty of them if the defense is giving up those looks, if that was a weakness of his, then defenders would play off him and give him that shot. He's also a superior post player and feasts in the 3-10 ft area due to his combination of skill & strength, so he's able to get closer to the basket and either beat the smaller guy in the post or kick it out for a wide open corner 3.

I think he's closer to Harden than Bran, but obviously does a bunch of things that are similar. The FG assisted rate points him more towards peak Harden in terms of how much he dominates the ball. Bran was ball-dominant as well but not to this degree, he came close in '18 Playoffs.

Luka's USG% is above 40 for the 2nd straight Playoff run which is 3% higher than Bran's ever was and his Per 100 averages in these POs are also better than '18 Bran's as he's only averaged 36 mpg to put up 32/10/6.

He's a mix of the modern NBA ball dominator and has the advanced skills of an international player as he didn't grow up in the AAU system, so he has a deeper "bag" than any other offensive player in the league. Comparing it to Bran is just disrespectful as a lot of Bran's game was predicated on his athleticism. Teams gave him the open jumper because he could attack the rim like Giannis, in Luka's case they're not giving him anything but there's just nothing you can do to stop him.

Luka is going to be even scarier in couple more years of developing and his body it’s frightening.