View Poll Results: Heat vs. Celtics

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heat in 4

    0 0%
  • Heat in 5

    0 0%
  • Heat in 6

    7 23.33%
  • Heat in 7

    2 6.67%
  • Celtics in 4

    1 3.33%
  • Celtics in 5

    4 13.33%
  • Celtics in 6

    10 33.33%
  • Celtics in 7

    6 20.00%
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 125259606162
Results 916 to 928 of 928
  1. #916
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    27,055

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs. (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    There's no consistency with JT. He made some big plays in Game 7 but overall he wasn't the best player in that series, and that's with Butler playing on one knee and tanking his averages for 3 games with his limited minutes.

    He averaged 25/8/6 with almost 5 turnovers a game, which is decent but not superstar-level production when playing 40 mpg against an undermanned Heat squad. Jaylen Brown averaged 24/7/3 with 10 less TOs but no one's hyping him up.
    He only had one game vs the Heat under 20 points and 5 games at 26+. But you say he's inconsistent. You just make up crap and accuse him of it. Yeah Butler did more, good for him but Tatum did what was needed when it was needed. Including by the way defending Butler in the second half of game 7.

  2. #917
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    11,871

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs. (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    He only had one game vs the Heat under 20 points and 5 games at 26+. But you say he's inconsistent. You just make up crap and accuse him of it. Yeah Butler did more, good for him but Tatum did what was needed when it was needed. Including by the way defending Butler in the second half of game 7.
    Yea...if a guy isn’t playing that well and still getting 27 that should tell you about the standards for him.

    Tatum isn’t top 5. But he’s in that next small group and Ingram isn’t.

  3. #918
    NBA Superstar tontoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    14,075

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs. (2) Boston Celtics

    For the series Tatum averaged 25/8/6 with a TS of 61.6% against a strong defense.

  4. #919
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    27,334

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs. (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    He only had one game vs the Heat under 20 points and 5 games at 26+. But you say he's inconsistent. You just make up crap and accuse him of it. Yeah Butler did more, good for him but Tatum did what was needed when it was needed. Including by the way defending Butler in the second half of game 7.
    He had decent numbers but disappeared for long stretches and played some terrible basketball in crunch time in this series. You're acting as if he had two bad games when he was bad/mediocre in Game 3, Game 5 and Game 6, and you could argue Game 1 as well as he was flat out awful in the 2nd half (1/7 FG, 6 TOs) and especially in the 3rd with those 6 TOs.

    It's okay to admit that he's not a finished product yet and still has some flaws at age 24.

  5. #920
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    27,055

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs. (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    He had decent numbers but disappeared for long stretches and played some terrible basketball in crunch time in this series. You're acting as if he had two bad games when he was bad/mediocre in Game 3, Game 5 and Game 6, and you could argue Game 1 as well as he was flat out awful in the 2nd half (1/7 FG, 6 TOs) and especially in the 3rd with those 6 TOs.

    It's okay to admit that he's not a finished product yet and still has some flaws at age 24.
    Game 1 he scores 29 points get 8 boards and 6 assists and 6 turnovers. The whole game is not just a quarter. Game 5 he shot poorly... and almost had a triple double. You make these posts as if you think people can't look up the games that you are talking about and didn't watch them either.

  6. #921
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    27,334

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs. (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Game 1 he scores 29 points get 8 boards and 6 assists and 6 turnovers. The whole game is not just a quarter. Game 5 he shot poorly... and almost had a triple double. You make these posts as if you think people can't look up the games that you are talking about and didn't watch them either.
    His team was up 8 at the half and he did absolutely nothing in the 2nd half and was a big reason why they got blown out in the 3rd with his 6 TOs. That's not a good game if you actually watched it. There's no way you walked away from that thinking that JT did his job and played a good game overall.

    Playing one good half and being completely terrible in the other one is not the mark of a consistent player. He's had plenty of these moments in the POs and the Celtics have been horrible at holding onto leads and closing games in the Tatum era. It doesn't mean he can't get better and won't be a superstar in his prime years, but he's not there yet. I like the kid and I've given him his props and he's a member of the Kobe fam, hopefully he'll leave the Celtics so I can actually root for him to win a title one day.

  7. #922
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    27,055

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs. (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    His team was up 8 at the half and he did absolutely nothing in the 2nd half and was a big reason why they got blown out in the 3rd with his 6 TOs. That's not a good game if you actually watched it. There's no way you walked away from that thinking that JT did his job and played a good game overall.

    Playing one good half and being completely terrible in the other one is not the mark of a consistent player. He's had plenty of these moments in the POs and the Celtics have been horrible at holding onto leads and closing games in the Tatum era. It doesn't mean he can't get better and won't be a superstar in his prime years, but he's not there yet. I like the kid and I've given him his props and he's a member of the Kobe fam, hopefully he'll leave the Celtics so I can actually root for him to win a title one day.
    You don't like him at all and that's why you continue to make these fool of crap posts. I see you didn't addressed Game 5 at all. Wise but harping on one quarter when he went for 29 in the whole game is not. He is a perimeter player that regularly gets doubled. So he does 45%+. There is nothing wrong with that. In the conference finals he shot 47.6%. Kobe Bryant's career fg %age is 45.7%. Yet still you post this crap. You're either lying or ignorant. And no, you don't like Tatum.

  8. #923
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    27,334

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs. (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    You don't like him at all and that's why you continue to make these fool of crap posts. I see you didn't addressed Game 5 at all. Wise but harping on one quarter when he went for 29 in the whole game is not. He is a perimeter player that regularly gets doubled. So he does 45%+. There is nothing wrong with that. In the conference finals he shot 47.6%. Kobe Bryant's career fg %age is 45.7%. Yet still you post this crap. You're either lying or ignorant. And no, you don't like Tatum.
    I can't root for him because he's a Celtic, but I like the kid individually. Numbers in this era are inflated as is so I don't know why you'd even compare the efficiency numbers to Kobe's, who carried a bigger load and was arguably the best player in the world at age 22.

  9. #924
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    27,055

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs. (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    I can't root for him because he's a Celtic, but I like the kid individually. Numbers in this era are inflated as is so I don't know why you'd even compare the efficiency numbers to Kobe's, who carried a bigger load and was arguably the best player in the world at age 22.
    Ueah..Yeah... 47.6%. No you are not a fan. What you are is a sad Ingram fan that can't make an argument without bsing.

  10. #925
    ISH jizzrag slayer Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Thousand Tarns
    Posts
    27,056

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs. (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Ueah..Yeah... 47.6%. No you are not a fan. What you are is a sad Ingram fan that can't make an argument without bsing.

  11. #926
    College superstar rmt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs. (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    I can't root for him because he's a Celtic, but I like the kid individually. Numbers in this era are inflated as is so I don't know why you'd even compare the efficiency numbers to Kobe's, who carried a bigger load and was arguably the best player in the world at age 22.
    LOL - I guess you forgot a BIG team mate like Shaq.

  12. #927
    Administrator insidehoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    18,768

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) Boston Celtics

    Moving this to the Celtics forum.

  13. #928
    MH! aj1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    23,723

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs. (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    I can't root for him because he's a Celtic, but I like the kid individually. Numbers in this era are inflated as is so I don't know why you'd even compare the efficiency numbers to Kobe's, who carried a bigger load and was arguably the best player in the world at age 22.


    He wasn't remotely close to being the best player in the world. There's not even an argument to be had.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •