• Celtics in 6

10 33.33%
  • Celtics in 7

6 20.00%
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 125259606162
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs. (2) Boston Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    There's no consistency with JT. He made some big plays in Game 7 but overall he wasn't the best player in that series, and that's with Butler playing on one knee and tanking his averages for 3 games with his limited minutes.

He averaged 25/8/6 with almost 5 turnovers a game, which is decent but not superstar-level production when playing 40 mpg against an undermanned Heat squad. Jaylen Brown averaged 24/7/3 with 10 less TOs but no one's hyping him up.
    He only had one game vs the Heat under 20 points and 5 games at 26+. But you say he's inconsistent. You just make up crap and accuse him of it. Yeah Butler did more, good for him but Tatum did what was needed when it was needed. Including by the way defending Butler in the second half of game 7.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    He only had one game vs the Heat under 20 points and 5 games at 26+. But you say he's inconsistent. You just make up crap and accuse him of it. Yeah Butler did more, good for him but Tatum did what was needed when it was needed. Including by the way defending Butler in the second half of game 7.
    Yea...if a guy isn’t playing that well and still getting 27 that should tell you about the standards for him.

Tatum isn’t top 5. But he’s in that next small group and Ingram isn’t.

For the series Tatum averaged 25/8/6 with a TS of 61.6% against a strong defense.

He had decent numbers but disappeared for long stretches and played some terrible basketball in crunch time in this series. You're acting as if he had two bad games when he was bad/mediocre in Game 3, Game 5 and Game 6, and you could argue Game 1 as well as he was flat out awful in the 2nd half (1/7 FG, 6 TOs) and especially in the 3rd with those 6 TOs.

It's okay to admit that he's not a finished product yet and still has some flaws at age 24.

He had decent numbers but disappeared for long stretches and played some terrible basketball in crunch time in this series. You're acting as if he had two bad games when he was bad/mediocre in Game 3, Game 5 and Game 6, and you could argue Game 1 as well as he was flat out awful in the 2nd half (1/7 FG, 6 TOs) and especially in the 3rd with those 6 TOs.

It's okay to admit that he's not a finished product yet and still has some flaws at age 24.
    Game 1 he scores 29 points get 8 boards and 6 assists and 6 turnovers. The whole game is not just a quarter. Game 5 he shot poorly... and almost had a triple double. You make these posts as if you think people can't look up the games that you are talking about and didn't watch them either.

Game 1 he scores 29 points get 8 boards and 6 assists and 6 turnovers. The whole game is not just a quarter. Game 5 he shot poorly... and almost had a triple double. You make these posts as if you think people can't look up the games that you are talking about and didn't watch them either.
    His team was up 8 at the half and he did absolutely nothing in the 2nd half and was a big reason why they got blown out in the 3rd with his 6 TOs. That's not a good game if you actually watched it. There's no way you walked away from that thinking that JT did his job and played a good game overall.

Playing one good half and being completely terrible in the other one is not the mark of a consistent player. He's had plenty of these moments in the POs and the Celtics have been horrible at holding onto leads and closing games in the Tatum era. It doesn't mean he can't get better and won't be a superstar in his prime years, but he's not there yet. I like the kid and I've given him his props and he's a member of the Kobe fam, hopefully he'll leave the Celtics so I can actually root for him to win a title one day.

His team was up 8 at the half and he did absolutely nothing in the 2nd half and was a big reason why they got blown out in the 3rd with his 6 TOs. That's not a good game if you actually watched it. There's no way you walked away from that thinking that JT did his job and played a good game overall.

Playing one good half and being completely terrible in the other one is not the mark of a consistent player. He's had plenty of these moments in the POs and the Celtics have been horrible at holding onto leads and closing games in the Tatum era. It doesn't mean he can't get better and won't be a superstar in his prime years, but he's not there yet. I like the kid and I've given him his props and he's a member of the Kobe fam, hopefully he'll leave the Celtics so I can actually root for him to win a title one day.
    You don't like him at all and that's why you continue to make these fool of crap posts. I see you didn't addressed Game 5 at all. Wise but harping on one quarter when he went for 29 in the whole game is not. He is a perimeter player that regularly gets doubled. So he does 45%+. There is nothing wrong with that. In the conference finals he shot 47.6%. Kobe Bryant's career fg %age is 45.7%. Yet still you post this crap. You're either lying or ignorant. And no, you don't like Tatum.

You don't like him at all and that's why you continue to make these fool of crap posts. I see you didn't addressed Game 5 at all. Wise but harping on one quarter when he went for 29 in the whole game is not. He is a perimeter player that regularly gets doubled. So he does 45%+. There is nothing wrong with that. In the conference finals he shot 47.6%. Kobe Bryant's career fg %age is 45.7%. Yet still you post this crap. You're either lying or ignorant. And no, you don't like Tatum.
    I can't root for him because he's a Celtic, but I like the kid individually. Numbers in this era are inflated as is so I don't know why you'd even compare the efficiency numbers to Kobe's, who carried a bigger load and was arguably the best player in the world at age 22.

I can't root for him because he's a Celtic, but I like the kid individually. Numbers in this era are inflated as is so I don't know why you'd even compare the efficiency numbers to Kobe's, who carried a bigger load and was arguably the best player in the world at age 22.
    Ueah..Yeah... 47.6%. No you are not a fan. What you are is a sad Ingram fan that can't make an argument without bsing.

Ueah..Yeah... 47.6%. No you are not a fan. What you are is a sad Ingram fan that can't make an argument without bsing.

LOL - I guess you forgot a BIG team mate like Shaq.

Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) Boston Celtics

Moving this to the Celtics forum.

He wasn't remotely close to being the best player in the world. There's not even an argument to be had.