View Poll Results: Heat vs. Celtics

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heat in 4

    0 0%
  • Heat in 5

    0 0%
  • Heat in 6

    7 23.33%
  • Heat in 7

    2 6.67%
  • Celtics in 4

    1 3.33%
  • Celtics in 5

    4 13.33%
  • Celtics in 6

    10 33.33%
  • Celtics in 7

    6 20.00%
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 928
  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    1,755

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    Celtics in 7. This is as close as it gets. Celtics role players are slightly better but Butler is the best players among those teams.
    Tatum is taller, better shooter, better scorer, better defender, playmaking is about a wash.

    I don't see the argument for butler at all and I like butler

    The only thing butler does better is dribble

  2. #32

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) Boston Celtics

    Two great defensive teams in the Eastern Conference Finals. It will come down to whosoever takes advantage of defensive switches the best. The Heat beat the Celtics back in 2020 during the bubble playoffs because they picked on the shrimps (Kemba Walker or Wanamaker). The Celtics played drop coverage with Theis and Williams staying home near the basket. Not this time - there's no weak link on the Celtics.

    If the Miami Heat controls Tatum and Brown without allowing the Celtics to hit their threes, they can win this series. The Heat gave up 41.9% of shots from threes, so the Celtics will thrive or die by the three.

    The Heat are excellent at switching and they also love to blitz. They have much better on-the-ball defenders than the Bucks or the Nets did.

    However, the Celtics will win because they are finally realizing their vast potential at the most optimal time. After sweeping the Nets, they survived a 7 game deathmatch with the defending champs by coming back twice from 1-2 and 2-3 game deficits.

    The Celtics love to drive and kick, but the Heat will switch on screens and prevent that, forcing them into isolation plays.

    Neither Tatum, Brown, Smart, nor any Celtic will find many weak defensive players to pick on (like they did versus the Bucks with Grayson Allen). But the Heat are sort of mediocre on offense, and they can be vulnerable to size. The Celtics are bigger now than in 2020 (Horford).

    Boston in 6

  3. #33
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    27,265

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi_Why_Not View Post
    Tatum is taller, better shooter, better scorer, better defender, playmaking is about a wash.

    I don't see the argument for butler at all and I like butler

    The only thing butler does better is dribble
    Butler has been the better scorer & playmaker in these POs and is just as good (if not better) defensively. The only thing JT has on Butler is the volume 3PT shooting. Jimmy is a better scorer inside the arc.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    1,755

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Butler has been the better scorer & playmaker in these POs and is just as good (if not better) defensively. The only thing JT has on Butler is the volume 3PT shooting. Jimmy is a better scorer inside the arc.
    Tatum is the better scorer. Butler just hasn't faced a Giannis/jrue defense.

    Tatum for majority of his career has been a better scorer. Also tatum is like 5x better 3 point shooter, he's an all-time great 3 point shooter and butler is pretty mediocre at best.

    Tatum led the playoffs in defensive win shares in 2020 when butler went to finals and Tatum also led reg season in defensive win shares this year. Butler is an elite defender but Tatum is an all-time defender, that's the difference. I don't think butler ever shut down a superstar like Tatum did to durant

  5. #35
    A 2-Way intimidator Mask the Embiid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    The Big Dog's Yard
    Posts
    3,761

    Lightbulb Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) Boston Celtics

    O look the Celtics play another team missing a key player…. Not holding out much hope for the heat to beat loston but let’s just say I am draped out in heat apparel for this series. Looks like it will be up to Steph to stop these celtic losers from collecting an asterisk ring.


    2ldr: Go Heat! Go!

  6. #36
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,530

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    O look the Celtics play another team missing a key player…. Not holding out much hope for the heat to beat loston but let’s just say I am draped out in heat apparel for this series. Looks like it will be up to Steph to stop these celtic losers from collecting an asterisk ring.


    2ldr: Go Heat! Go!
    I don't know why, the Heat are better than Boston. There is a reason why they are the #1 seed but people haven't given respect all season.

  7. #37
    I usually hit open layups
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    O look the Celtics play another team missing a key player…. Not holding out much hope for the heat to beat loston but let’s just say I am draped out in heat apparel for this series. Looks like it will be up to Steph to stop these celtic losers from collecting an asterisk ring.


    2ldr: Go Heat! Go!
    Seeing that you are a loser who is wrong about everything, your endorsement of the Heat can only be a good thing for the Celtics. It worked well with the Nets and the Bucks, make it a trifecta and ruin the Heat's chances as well.

    TLDR: Keep crying about the Celtics, Doncic and Jokic. It's worked wonders.

  8. #38
    Cancer Wally450's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    10,618

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    O look the Celtics play another team missing a key player…. Not holding out much hope for the heat to beat loston but let’s just say I am draped out in heat apparel for this series. Looks like it will be up to Steph to stop these celtic losers from collecting an asterisk ring.


    2ldr: Go Heat! Go!
    There it is lol

  9. #39
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    27,265

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi_Why_Not View Post
    Tatum is the better scorer. Butler just hasn't faced a Giannis/jrue defense.

    Tatum for majority of his career has been a better scorer. Also tatum is like 5x better 3 point shooter, he's an all-time great 3 point shooter and butler is pretty mediocre at best.

    Tatum led the playoffs in defensive win shares in 2020 when butler went to finals and Tatum also led reg season in defensive win shares this year. Butler is an elite defender but Tatum is an all-time defender, that's the difference. I don't think butler ever shut down a superstar like Tatum did to durant
    ATG? lol. JT shot the 2nd worst 3PT% out of the top 15 players in 3s made this season and was only 9th in 3s made despite being 4th in total attempts. There's plenty of volume shooters that are on his level right now.

    And don't get me started on the defensive end.. JT ain't even made an All-Defensive team yet and hasn't shut down anyone by himself. Go look at the defense Jimmy played on prime/peak Bran in '13 and '15 and come back at me.

  10. #40
    XXL Im Still Ballin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    22,246

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) Boston Celtics

    Celtics in a hard 6. Lots of close games; could've easily gone 7.

  11. #41
    National High School Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    2,147

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) Boston Celtics

    Celtics might be out Marcus smart for the first game so shut the fvck up about missing key players

  12. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    1,755

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    ATG? lol. JT shot the 2nd worst 3PT% out of the top 15 players in 3s made this season and was only 9th in 3s made despite being 4th in total attempts. There's plenty of volume shooters that are on his level right now.

    And don't get me started on the defensive end.. JT ain't even made an All-Defensive team yet and hasn't shut down anyone by himself. Go look at the defense Jimmy played on prime/peak Bran in '13 and '15 and come back at me.
    He's at close to 39% shooting 9 a game in the playoffs. That's all-time great level.

    He only didn't make all defense because he's competing with kawhi. He should be a 3x all defense he anchored 3 elite defenses (2018,2020,2022) all the advanced metrics say it's him that was most valuable. Eye test as well for me, his man 2 man is scary.

  13. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    1,755

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post
    Celtics might be out Marcus smart for the first game so shut the fvck up about missing key players
    Derrick white doesn't seem like much of a downgrade if he gets the start.

    Playoffs 2 man lineup Tatum/white: +18.9

    Reg season Tatum/white: +19.6

  14. #44
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    27,265

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) Boston Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi_Why_Not View Post
    He's at close to 39% shooting 9 a game in the playoffs. That's all-time great level.

    He only didn't make all defense because he's competing with kawhi. He should be a 3x all defense he anchored 3 elite defenses (2018,2020,2022) all the advanced metrics say it's him that was most valuable. Eye test as well for me, his man 2 man is scary.
    Whatever, have fun trolling someone else.

    Defensive anchor.. that's a good one.

  15. #45
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    26,961

    Default Re: 2022 ECF: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) Boston Celtics

    You kind of deserve each other.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •