Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16
    2.0 patch Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    8,212

    Default Re: Tatum outplayed Giannis in 4/7 games

    It's much easier to 'outplay' someone when you have the better team behind you, which Tatum clearly did especially with Middleton out. What do you think is the result of Tatum on the Bucks, and Giannis on the Celtics? You really think Tatum is coming out on top? As it was he needed 7 games to beat an under-manned Bucks squad.

    And 'outplay' in this context is weird anyway. They're not positionally playing against each other. It's not like Hakeem murking Admiral in 95, THAT's a case where one player went directly head to head with someone over a series and outplayed their primary defender.

  2. #17
    Top 10. hold this L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11,008

    Default Re: Tatum outplayed Giannis in 4/7 games

    He outplayed KD, not Giannis. Al was the best Celtics of this series by game 5, then Tatum started taking over.

  3. #18
    NBA Legend Jasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin farm
    Posts
    17,902

    Default Re: Tatum outplayed Giannis in 4/7 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Jaylen Brown came out of the series with this to say….






    For whatever that’s worth
    that is how the league looks at him. Durant stated once : " he will always get his"

  4. #19
    Decent college freshman
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: Tatum outplayed Giannis in 4/7 games

    giannis put up raw stats but wasn't efficient. kind of similar to lebron's 2015 finals. lebron had a bad back and couldn't shoot a jumper all season though. giannis has no excuse. he also choked in gm 7 with his team down 3 at the half he scores 8 points on 4-16 shooting in the 2nd half, including 2 points on 1-7 fgs in the 4th qtr.

  5. #20
    Top 10. hold this L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11,008

    Default Re: Tatum outplayed Giannis in 4/7 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny32 View Post
    giannis put up raw stats but wasn't efficient. kind of similar to lebron's 2015 finals. lebron had a bad back and couldn't shoot a jumper all season though. giannis has no excuse. he also choked in gm 7 with his team down 3 at the half he scores 8 points on 4-16 shooting in the 2nd half, including 2 points on 1-7 fgs in the 4th qtr.
    He really shot 4-16 in the second half?

  6. #21
    Goatbrook SouBeachTalents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,297

    Default Re: Tatum outplayed Giannis in 4/7 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    It's much easier to 'outplay' someone when you have the better team behind you, which Tatum clearly did especially with Middleton out. What do you think is the result of Tatum on the Bucks, and Giannis on the Celtics? You really think Tatum is coming out on top? As it was he needed 7 games to beat an under-manned Bucks squad.

    And 'outplay' in this context is weird anyway. They're not positionally playing against each other. It's not like Hakeem murking Admiral in 95, THAT's a case where one player went directly head to head with someone over a series and outplayed their primary defender.
    It’s not even a knock on Tatum, but swap him and Giannis and idk if the Bucks even win a game.

  7. #22
    Lol RRR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    45,701

    Default Re: Tatum outplayed Giannis in 4/7 games

    Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    He really shot 4-16 in the second half?
    He shot 4-17 after starting 6-9. His TS% for the series was 51.6% which is abysmal, especially for a guy who normally has a 63.3 TS%. Giannis isn’t held to LeBron standards though so everyone will say he was perfect.

  8. #23
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    27,054

    Default Re: Tatum outplayed Giannis in 4/7 games

    Most analysts understand that Antetokuonmpo did all that he possibly could. Anyone criticizing the series he had should look at what the Celtic defense managed to do to KD. He needed Middleton really. Anyone that doesn't get how Giannis could have played well in slow of his shooting stats is going to be shocked at what the Celtic defense does to the Heat. The team record makes it harder to believe but this Celtic defense is one of the nastiest I've ever seen especially if Robert Williams stays on the floor.

  9. #24
    National High School Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    2,285

    Default Re: Tatum outplayed Giannis in 4/7 games

    Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    He shot 4-17 after starting 6-9. His TS% for the series was 51.6% which is abysmal, especially for a guy who normally has a 63.3 TS%. Giannis isn’t held to LeBron standards though so everyone will say he was perfect.
    Bingo. People only look at numbers but the efficiency is trash

  10. #25
    Top 10. hold this L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11,008

    Default Re: Tatum outplayed Giannis in 4/7 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Most analysts understand that Antetokuonmpo did all that he possibly could. Anyone criticizing the series he had should look at what the Celtic defense managed to do to KD. He needed Middleton really. Anyone that doesn't get how Giannis could have played well in slow of his shooting stats is going to be shocked at what the Celtic defense does to the Heat. The team record makes it harder to believe but this Celtic defense is one of the nastiest I've ever seen especially if Robert Williams stays on the floor.
    Doing all you can is shooting better than 51%, especially when most of your shots are in the paint. As an example, Curry had to deal with box & 1 in 2019 when he lost next to literal G league teammates vs the best defensive team in the playoffs and had a 59% TS. Saying that, Boston's defense is seriously incredible. Might be early but looks to be one of the best I've ever seen if they keep this up for two more series.

  11. #26
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    27,054

    Default Re: Tatum outplayed Giannis in 4/7 games

    Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Doing all you can is shooting better than 51%, especially when most of your shots are in the paint. As an example, Curry had to deal with box & 1 in 2019 when he lost next to literal G league teammates vs the best defensive team in the playoffs and had a 59% TS. Saying that, Boston's defense is seriously incredible. Might be early but looks to be one of the best I've ever seen if they keep this up for two more series.
    High effort doesn't mean great shooting percentages. Celtics have two of the best players to defend him with and have the whole defense focused on him. What he needed was for his teammates to hit shots and do more in general. But you don't rebound the way he does if you aren't giving it your all.

  12. #27
    raps red1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    GOAT franchise
    Posts
    28,289

    Default Re: Tatum outplayed Giannis in 4/7 games

    giannis is easily the best in the world. he's too big and athletic for the league.

  13. #28
    Top 10. hold this L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11,008

    Default Re: Tatum outplayed Giannis in 4/7 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    High effort doesn't mean great shooting percentages. Celtics have two of the best players to defend him with and have the whole defense focused on him. What he needed was for his teammates to hit shots and do more in general. But you don't rebound the way he does if you aren't giving it your all.
    Ok, then he did all he tried to do unsuccessfully. He had a horrid shooting series. We're going to find out a lot about what the Celtics are going to do to stars defensively in the next 4 weeks. I don't understand how people can make excuses for a garbage tier shooting series as he did all he can. No, he got his ass locked up offensively. That shouldn't happen at the level to a superstar.

  14. #29
    I am creator deity Gohan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,527

    Default Re: Tatum outplayed Giannis in 4/7 games

    Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Ok, then he did all he tried to do unsuccessfully. He had a horrid shooting series. We're going to find out a lot about what the Celtics are going to do to stars defensively in the next 4 weeks. I don't understand how people can make excuses for a garbage tier shooting series as he did all he can. No, he got his ass locked up offensively. That shouldn't happen at the level to a superstar.
    you must never heard of the juggernaut iverson. that shit happens, it would happen to curry if he wasnt scared to take more contested midrange shots

  15. #30
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    27,334

    Default Re: Tatum outplayed Giannis in 4/7 games

    Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    He shot 4-17 after starting 6-9. His TS% for the series was 51.6% which is abysmal, especially for a guy who normally has a 63.3 TS%. Giannis isn’t held to LeBron standards though so everyone will say he was perfect.
    Lebron shot below 40%FG/48%TS in the 2015 Finals and they were ready to give him FMVP because of his raw averages in a losing effort in 6 games. Delusional stan lmao.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •