1 5.88%
  • Official recession but textbook minimum

2 11.76%
  • It will be bad and carry on for a year or more

5 29.41%
  • Equal or worse than Housing Crisis 08-12

7 41.18%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: How bad will the upcoming recession be?

It's way too hard to predict when Racist joe biden will enslave most of his voters with a recession that has never before been seen. And to be honest, I'm rooting for Racist joe biden to continue being Racist joe biden with all his economy killing policies. Recessions make millionaires and multi-millionaires. I'll be waiting as a buyer this time around, while smirking at the fact that people like RacistJasper, Fascistrrr3, ObeseAxe, AlwaysWrongBladefd, MSNBClegend#32 will be suffering like they have never suffered before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gII8D-lzbA
    Last edited by AKA_AAP; 05-17-2022 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    Come on man, how many times do I have to correct you?

I am not stating an opinion. I am stating a fact.

1) R / D... it doesn't matter. This is not a partisan issue. DC does not have any interest in balancing the budget. In fact, mathematically, they can't. The system would collapse on itself, which it is going to do anyways, the only unanswered question is when.

2) This massive, massive spending in response to COVID started under a "Republican" presidency in one Donald J Trump, as it would have under any other president. And the reason that it would happen under any president is because the population (people like you and me) are largely incredibly ignorant and stupid especially as it pertains to the issue of money / currency / devaluation etc. There was practically nobody in DC, in entertainment, on this board... calling for DC to stop their insanity spending back in April 2020 and for the following 12+ months. Virtually nobody. VIRTUALLY NOBODY.

It's not a partisan issue. It's not a democrat thing. It's not a republican thing. Stop this shit. You aren't helping anyone, least of all yourself.

Educate yourself. Quit the shit.
    I and plenty of other republicans were hoping trump wouldn't give into the mass hysteria mostly coming from demoRATS

that's the only reason he signed that shit, that's it. You won't believe it, and that's fine. Because we're all gonna be in breadlines soon, so it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_AAP View Post
    It's way too hard to predict when Racist joe biden will enslave most of his voters with a recession that has never before been seen. And to be honest, I'm rooting for Racist joe biden to continue being Racist joe biden with all his economy killing policies. Recessions make millionaires and multi-millionaires. I'll be waiting as a buyer this time around, while smirking at the fact that people like RacistJasper, Fascistrrr3, ObeseAxe, AlwaysWrongBladefd, MSNBClegend#32 will be suffering like they have never suffered before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gII8D-lzbA
    Go outside, turd.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    This is serious shit. My business is taking a beating. Supplies are costing me more and I in turn have to charge more to the customer. Which probably means they'll hold on to their money a little tighter until things balance out again. But by that time, I may be out of business.

Strongly considering taking out a loan to pay for a more pressing loan. And that shit never works in the long run.
    Sorry to hear that and I wish you and all decent business owners well. Tough times globally. Australian small businesses have been decimated by bad policy.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer28 View Post
    Australia has been decimated by the fascist LNP.
    ftfy

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post
    You're in the right for calling out retarded tribal politics, but without the bailout the economy would have completely collapsed. Which is a much worse alternative to high inflation. Even a recession is a better alternative to that.

Did Trump and Biden throw out too much money? Definitely yes, we OVER-stimulated. Which is why everyone is over spending and sending prices high. But how much is too much? Could the country have gotten by on just half? Probably not to keep everyone employed. I'm guessing we'd be better off having just handed out around 70% of what we did.
    It's going to collapse anyways. And the fallout will be worse and for longer as paper currency goes with it.

And on top of all of that... government was the whole reason it was ever going to collapse. And on TOP OF THAT... government was the entire reason for COVID's existence in the first place!

COVID was/is nasty, but... if we had never shut anything down, the overall emotional pain felt by the globe would have been less than the overall emotional pain that has already been felt and will continue to be felt. The net result from never shutting down would have been a positive in comparison to the path we took all due to... misinformation.

To say that the hysteria and reaction was beyond disproportionate to the risk would be an understatement. You can thank opportunistic politicians and opportunistic media for pumping that fear 24/7/365.

I want to repeat it again in case the importance was lost or unrecognized....

The emotional pain inflicted by lockdowns and money printing was and continues to be a higher level of emotional pain than if we had just let covid run wild and do its thing at the beginning. By orders of magnitude in ways that we can't even measure and comprehend.

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

It's going to collapse anyways. And the fallout will be worse and for longer as paper currency goes with it.

And on top of all of that... government was the whole reason it was ever going to collapse. And on TOP OF THAT... government was the entire reason for COVID's existence in the first place!

COVID was/is nasty, but... if we had never shut anything down, the overall emotional pain felt by the globe would have been less than the overall emotional pain that has already been felt and will continue to be felt. The net result from never shutting down would have been a positive in comparison to the path we took all due to... misinformation.

To say that the hysteria and reaction was beyond disproportionate to the risk would be an understatement. You can thank opportunistic politicians and opportunistic media for pumping that fear 24/7/365.
    Uh no, all of our businesses going out of business resulting in literally no one in the country having a job would be absolutely worse. That would have resembled post apocalyptic lawless anarchy.

"Never shutting down" would have still required a bailout, no one was out shopping, or flying in planes, or anything. Everything would have fallen, starting with the banks.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer28 View Post
    Sorry to hear that and I wish you and all decent business owners well. Tough times globally. Australian small businesses have been decimated by bad policy.
    Restaurants around me are the ones hit the hardest. I've always dreamt of owning like a small restaurant or a pub. Glad I don't own one now. These Globalists have run America and a country like Australia into the ground.

Restaurants around me are the ones hit the hardest. I've always dreamt of owning like a small restaurant or a pub. Glad I don't own one now. These Globalists have run America and a country like Australia into the ground.
    Actually you dreamt of owning one because you wanted to make yourself the only customer of such restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post
    Uh no, all of our businesses going out of business resulting in literally no one in the country having a job would be absolutely worse. That would have resembled post apocalyptic lawless anarchy.

"Never shutting down" would have still required a bailout, no one was out shopping, or flying in planes, or anything. Everything would have fallen, starting with the banks.

All of this is going to happen anyways. And the reason nobody was shopping was media hysteria. Period. Point blank. There is no other way to describe it.

We have lost 1 million people in the US in 2 years to covid. 500k a year. We lose like 600k a year to heart disease and 600k a year to cancer. Nobody bats an eye.

Covid is now becoming normalized and in 5 to 10 years time, maybe less, it will be a normal part of life and all of the hysteria will be over. And it will be a normal part of life because it is not THAT big of a deal.

It was never ever ever ever worth the emotional and financial pain we have inflicted upon ourselves. Ever. PERIOD.

Spinning it any other way is just bullshit.

All of this is going to happen anyways. And the reason nobody was shopping was media hysteria. Period. Point blank. There is no other way to describe it.

We have lost 1 million people in the US in 2 years to covid. 500k a year. We lose like 600k a year to heart disease and 600k a year to cancer. Nobody bats an eye.

Covid is now becoming normalized and in 5 to 10 years time, maybe less, it will be a normal part of life and all of the hysteria will be over. And it will be a normal part of life because it is not THAT big of a deal.

It was never ever ever ever worth the emotional and financial pain we have inflicted upon ourselves. Ever. PERIOD.

Spinning it any other way is just bullshit.
    The hysteria was on a global scale and probably completely unavoidable. 1 million people is no joke but I'm not even arguing covid right now. I'm just saying that a full blown collapse of society was correctly diverted by a bailout and we are paying the price for that bailout with inflation. Inflation is the better choice of the two.

I do not believe we will see a full blown collapse anyway. Even many countries that go into hyperinflation avoid full collapse.

We could see a recession, but even that is better than everything closing down permanently.

You can argue that we spent too much, and I would agree with you on that, but you can't argue that we should have spent nothing, that would have made the Great Depression look like a dream vacation.

Restaurants are doing backflips to attract employees right now.

Unemployment was way worse in trump's last six months in the office.