Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    NBA rookie of the year
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    6,700

    Default Are people hating on Chris Paul because of his personality or his game?

    Because I can understand hating on his personality and flopping, but people acting as if he was some big letdown in this series is pretty absurd, considering he is 37 years old and a point guard.

    He played a decent series, had some big games, and some let downs, that's to be expected.

    Also Pat Bev saying he's a cone on defense is total bs, he played very good defense for most of the series and shut down Doncic + Brunson several plays.

    I feel like from a pure game perspective, he has a season or two more to play as a 6th man and I could he him actually do that, doesn't strike me as needing to be center focus at this point.

    Stockton had 4 seasons after 37 and honestly I think CP3 has a better shot at being relevant at 40 than Lebron.

  2. #2
    College superstar BarberSchool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Spelunking Luncheon
    Posts
    4,860

    Default Re: Are people hating on Chris Paul because of his personality or his game?

    Both.
    Motherfu@k this little 5’11” media/marketing phony.

  3. #3
    NBA rookie of the year
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    6,700

    Default Re: Are people hating on Chris Paul because of his personality or his game?

    Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    Both.
    Motherfu@k this little 5’11” media/marketing phony.
    He's a good player, but he was cocky when he was younger.

    Seems to have mellowed out now quite a bit.

    I'd sign him to backup Luka on Mavs.

    Both he and Ayton.

  4. #4
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    32,645

    Default Re: Are people hating on Chris Paul because of his personality or his game?

    CP3 mainly gets hate in the mainstream because of his antics on the court.

    However, some of his stans on here literally claim he has no weaknesses and that he's had no chances in his career to win. They can't understand a player that is so fundamentally sound that "plays the right way" ends up losing every year...so they bend over backwards making excuses for him.

    That is why he gets "hate" on here. I say hate in quotes because it really isn't even hate. They call me a hater and I think I had him like 29th the last time I did my rankings...maybe higher.

    He's had great longevity and Pat Bev was out of his mind today with some of the shit he was spewing....

    But, it likely gets old for players and fans alike to hear how perfect he is all the time when the dude has all of the worst records in the playoffs in blowing series leads, meltdowns, consecutive game 7 losses...etc....and nothing to hang his hat on to counter that stuff.

    The one thing Bev got right in my opinion is that Paul gets passes for this stuff a lot more than other players.

  5. #5
    College superstar BarberSchool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Spelunking Luncheon
    Posts
    4,860

    Default Re: Are people hating on Chris Paul because of his personality or his game?

    Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    The one thing Bev got right in my opinion is that Paul gets passes for this stuff a lot more than other players.
    itís because Chris Smallís a traitor to his fellow players in negotiations, while being an absolute ass kisser to the owners, the commissioner, and the media figures, marketing agencies who hire him and give him very favorable coverage.

    Ask Kenyon Martin, ask anyone who felt betrayed by his behavior with owners and the media. Chris Small been a phony house nicca from day one.

  6. #6
    Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: Are people hating on Chris Paul because of his personality or his game?

    Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    CP3 mainly gets hate in the mainstream because of his antics on the court.

    However, some of his stans on here literally claim he has no weaknesses and that he's had no chances in his career to win. They can't understand a player that is so fundamentally sound that "plays the right way" ends up losing every year...so they bend over backwards making excuses for him.

    That is why he gets "hate" on here. I say hate in quotes because it really isn't even hate. They call me a hater and I think I had him like 29th the last time I did my rankings...maybe higher.

    He's had great longevity and Pat Bev was out of his mind today with some of the shit he was spewing....

    But, it likely gets old for players and fans alike to hear how perfect he is all the time when the dude has all of the worst records in the playoffs in blowing series leads, meltdowns, consecutive game 7 losses...etc....and nothing to hang his hat on to counter that stuff.

    The one thing Bev got right in my opinion is that Paul gets passes for this stuff a lot more than other players.
    You aren't wrong, but the pendulum swings just as far the other way. The choker narrative doesn't paint any more accurate picture of him as a player than the point god does.

    @OP definitely his personality. It goes beyond the flopping. He just comes across as a massive dick. I had a blast reading all of the jokes at his expense, but I am a pretty big fan of his game.

  7. #7
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    32,645

    Default Re: Are people hating on Chris Paul because of his personality or his game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    You aren't wrong, but the pendulum swings just as far the other way. The choker narrative doesn't paint any more accurate picture of him as a player than the point god does.

    @OP definitely his personality. It goes beyond the flopping. He just comes across as a massive dick. I had a blast reading all of the jokes at his expense, but I am a pretty big fan of his game.
    I actually wonder about that.

    I think everyone would agree that Paul is a great player and a hall of famer...we'd all have different places to rank him, but I don't think anyone would argue he's not a first ballot hall of famer.

    My questions would be...can you be great and a playoff choker? I think the answer is yes....and I also think, and we can quibble about the word choker, that Paul fits that so far in his career. He's a great player that also happens to be a playoff choker (or whatever word you want to use)...perhaps choker isn't the right word....but he and his teams consistently fall apart in the playoffs. That has to be a big part of his legacy at this point. He's blown the most 2-0 series leads...he's had massive meltdowns....his body has worn down consistently in the playoffs as well.

    Whatever the word is...that narrative is accurate. It is also accurate to say he's one of the best ever.

    Both can be true.

  8. #8
    Not airballing my layups anymore
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    101

    Default Re: Are people hating on Chris Paul because of his personality or his game?

    He has a history of punching other players in the balls, has a history of losing earlier then he should in the playoffs, he is the worse flopper in NBA history, and has an awful personality, as shown in the press conference where he acted like he didn’t know Alvarado’s name.

  9. #9
    College superstar BarberSchool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Spelunking Luncheon
    Posts
    4,860

    Default Re: Are people hating on Chris Paul because of his personality or his game?

    Quote Originally Posted by spuddywebby View Post
    he has a history of punching other players in the balls, has a history of losing earlier then he should in the playoffs, he is the worse flopper in nba history, and has an awful personality, as shown in the press conference where he acted like he didn’t know alvarado’s name.
    mf bingo !

  10. #10
    Decent college freshman
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: Are people hating on Chris Paul because of his personality or his game?

    Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Because I can understand hating on his personality and flopping, but people acting as if he was some big letdown in this series is pretty absurd, considering he is 37 years old and a point guard.

    He played a decent series, had some big games, and some let downs, that's to be expected.

    Also Pat Bev saying he's a cone on defense is total bs, he played very good defense for most of the series and shut down Doncic + Brunson several plays.

    I feel like from a pure game perspective, he has a season or two more to play as a 6th man and I could he him actually do that, doesn't strike me as needing to be center focus at this point.

    Stockton had 4 seasons after 37 and honestly I think CP3 has a better shot at being relevant at 40 than Lebron.
    no chance.

  11. #11
    The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,525

    Default Re: Are people hating on Chris Paul because of his personality or his game?

    I hate his personality

  12. #12
    Sixers|Eagles|Phillies GOBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Illadelph live 215
    Posts
    48,817

    Default Re: Are people hating on Chris Paul because of his personality or his game?

    Not only was he awful in the series Pat Bev called him a cone. Hilarious

  13. #13
    National High School Star
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,485

    Default Re: Are people hating on Chris Paul because of his personality or his game?

    His stans overrate him dramatically, which is annoying. That's part of it.


    .

  14. #14
    Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: Are people hating on Chris Paul because of his personality or his game?

    Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    I actually wonder about that.

    I think everyone would agree that Paul is a great player and a hall of famer...we'd all have different places to rank him, but I don't think anyone would argue he's not a first ballot hall of famer.

    My questions would be...can you be great and a playoff choker? I think the answer is yes....and I also think, and we can quibble about the word choker, that Paul fits that so far in his career. He's a great player that also happens to be a playoff choker (or whatever word you want to use)...perhaps choker isn't the right word....but he and his teams consistently fall apart in the playoffs. That has to be a big part of his legacy at this point. He's blown the most 2-0 series leads...he's had massive meltdowns....his body has worn down consistently in the playoffs as well.

    Whatever the word is...that narrative is accurate. It is also accurate to say he's one of the best ever.

    Both can be true.
    I wasn't singling you out. We disagree on stuff, but I've never found you to be unreasonable. Just saying the extreme underrating of Choke Paul is just as heavily populated as the extreme overrating of the point god. Not suggesting you are either one of those. There is a smaller group that falls somewhere in the middle. Most people I talk to are either gonna love the guy or hate him tho

    Even though I lean pretty hard towards the point god side of the discussion, I agree with you...he isn't above criticism.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •