Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default Luca Doncic is a James Harden type, right?

Are we just living in the moment? I hear all this praise about Luca Doncic. But remember, Harden brought the Rockets to game 7 against the Warriors, who had KD. I just don't see much of a difference in their gameplay. The stats don't mean a whole lot because we've seen Harden and Westbrook get all kinds of triple doubles too. And that's what Luca does, he goes for points, rebounds and assists.

They're both slightly out of shape, they both chuck up a lot of 3s, they both play a lot of isolation, and they both get a lot of assists due to having the ball, but aren't really point guards. Both aren't great defenders.

Default Re: Luca Doncic is a James Harden type, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post
    Are we just living in the moment? I hear all this praise about Luca Doncic. But remember, Harden brought the Rockets to game 7 against the Warriors, who had KD. I just don't see much of a difference in their gameplay. The stats don't mean a whole lot because we've seen Harden and Westbrook get all kinds of triple doubles too. And that's what Luca does, he goes for points, rebounds and assists.

They're both slightly out of shape, they both chuck up a lot of 3s, they both play a lot of isolation, and they both get a lot of assists due to having the ball, but aren't really point guards. Both aren't great defenders.
    Harden was not the driving force in that WCF run, Chris Paul was but then ofc he choked at the finish as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Harden was not the driving force in that WCF run, Chris Paul was but then ofc he choked at the finish as usual.
    It’s still insane to me the two guys considered the biggest chokers of their generation nearly took down those Warriors Talk about a complete reversal in narrative if CP3 doesn’t get injured.

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    It’s still insane to me the two guys considered the biggest chokers of their generation nearly took down those Warriors Talk about a complete reversal in narrative if CP3 doesn’t get injured.
    Cp3's "injuries" are part of his choking narrative imo.

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

The thing is Luka right now is about as good as peak Harden, actually a better playoff performer than him. Harden also has some mentality problems, sometimes he looks uninterested. Although that can be a defense mechanism like Simmons has.
    Edit: I'd like to add that what Luka was doing against Clippers was much more impressive than anything he did this year so far.

NBA All-star

very odd when I've got the pass to the deluxe version of all you can eat buffet, yet people insist on popcorns and hotdogs with McDonalds being considered the most deluxe meal of all.

Pulling your hamstring is choking?

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    It's not like there isnt a very good chance Harden and CP3 find a way to choke that game 7 away together regardless

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Pulling your hamstring is choking?
    Maybe not choking per se, but falling short some how some way at the critical time.

It's not like there isnt a very good chance Harden and CP3 find a way to choke that game 7 away together regardless
    Pretty decent chance there wasn’t a game 7 at all it CP3 doesn’t get hurt. Warriors were shook

Maybe not choking per se, but falling short some how some way at the critical time.
    It’s not choking if it’s not your fault. This year is the first time I’d give CP3 a lot of the blame for a loss tbh, people mostly ignore context in all the other losses and just assign it to him because they’re morons who think rangzzzzz is a measure of greatness.

Pretty decent chance there wasn’t a game 7 at all it CP3 doesn’t get hurt. Warriors were shook
    Obviously there's no way of knowing, but again... the whole point is that all of history points to the likelyhood that a Harden and CP3 duo were going to find a way to lose that series no matter what, whether it's from injuries, choking or some mix of the two.

When guys who arent winners dont win, it's usually not a fluke.

They got off to a big lead in Game 6, then went through that historic 0/27 3 point streak in Game 7. It’s obv all speculative, but I think at minimum CP3 is enough to make the difference in Game 7. Though I couldn’t blame anyone for not having confidence in those 2 to close the series out

NBA All-star

It’s not choking if it’s not your fault. This year is the first time I’d give CP3 a lot of the blame for a loss tbh, people mostly ignore context in all the other losses and just assign it to him because they’re morons who think rangzzzzz is a measure of greatness.
    nice kegel exercise there

NBA All-star

When guys who arent whinners dont whine, it's usually not a fluke.
    found the H in Akeem34theDream