Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Does Curry pass Kobe with a Finals MVP this year? Or did he already pass him?

It will be hard to keep Curry out of the top ten if he wins a 4th ring and Final MVP to go along with all the other amazing accolades he's collected over the years. 2019 to 2022 KD has been out of the 1st round once with zero Finals trips. Curry is on his way to another Finals trip without KD.

○ Kobe won 1 MVP in 20 years (bottom tier for top 15-20 players)
    ○ Curry has won 2 MVPs in fewer years

Add in Curry's Finals MVP for 2022 and is Curry now into the top 10 and Kobe moving closer to top 15?
    Last edited by Shooter; 05-21-2022 at 10:33 AM.

Default Re: Does Curry pass Kobe with a Finals MVP this year? Or did he already pass him?

Curry is a better player than Kobe but legacy wise he is not there yet.

That 4th ring and a FMVP is getting really close... still not sure I would go there... but he'd be getting close. Basically a tie legacy wise after this year if that happens. One more of anything else on top of winning it this year and it would be a done deal.

Curry self cucked when he let Durant join them.

Default Re: Does Curry pass Kobe with a Finals MVP this year? Or did he already pass him?

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

That 4th ring and a FMVP is getting really close... still not sure I would go there... but he'd be getting close. Basically a tie legacy wise after this year if that happens. One more of anything else on top of winning it this year and it would be a done deal.

I will say that one of Kobe's legacy boosters is his insane longevity and I hope that his fans see the importance of LENGTH of SUPERIORITY versus being a short-lived flash in the pan.

I currently have Kobe over Curry mainly due to Curry not having one Finals MVP but if he gets one this year then I will have to reassess my rankings. Kobe might still be on top due to legacy and longevity like you mentioned but it will damn sure be close.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    I will say that one of Kobe's legacy boosters is his insane longevity and I hope that his fans see the importance of LENGTH of SUPERIORITY versus being a short-lived flash in the pan.

I currently have Kobe over Curry mainly due to Curry not having one Finals MVP but if he gets one this year then I will have to reassess my rankings. Kobe might still be on top due to legacy and longevity like you mentioned but it will damn sure be close.
    Most of the all time rankings are longevity. It's essentially the most important thing that puts people up there.

Circumstances and longevity. Circumstances and longevity are the primary difference between... Kobe Bryant and... Tracy McGrady.

That's the difference between being considered by many to be a fringe top 10 player if not the GOAT and... missing the top 75 entirely.

If LeBron stays in Cleveland his entire career, is he where he is now? Nope. Labeled as a career loser.

If the Bulls never get Pippen and Jordan is surrounded by trash his entire career, is he where he is now? Nope. Labeled as a career loser.

And so on and so forth.

Most of the all time rankings are longevity. It's essentially the most important thing that puts people up there.

Circumstances and longevity. Circumstances and longevity are the primary difference between... Kobe Bryant and... Tracy McGrady.

That's the difference between being considered by many to be a fringe top 10 player if not the GOAT and... missing the top 75 entirely.
    Big facts

I can always count on ShoGoat for high IQ posting. I agree my friend.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    It will be hard to keep Curry out of the top ten if he wins a 4th ring and Final MVP to go along with all the other amazing accolades he's collected over the years. 2019 to 2022 KD has been out of the 1st round once with zero Finals trips. Curry is on his way to another Finals trip without KD.

○ Kobe won 1 MVP in 20 years (bottom tier for top 15-20 players)
    ○ Curry has won 2 MVPs in fewer years

Add in Curry's Finals MVP for 2022 and is Curry now into the top 10 and Kobe moving closer to top 15?
    If we're gonna ignore the other half of the game then sure.

Very good NBA starter

Curry is top 5... all-time

I've been saying it for a while now

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Curry is top 5... all-time

I've been saying it for a while now
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...1#post14604851

there's no self-worth in comparing net worth with the dead

curry can never pass kobe

kobe was better period

I doubt it slick. And to date, we still haven't found any iconic playoff moments yet from chef dingo.

Kobe Stan

Curry is not better than Kobe...

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    Curry is not better than Kobe...
    Does Curry pass Kobe with a Finals MVP this year?

NO KLAY, NO PLAY AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Currys 2015 ring was bogus and he didn't even win fmvp

The durant rings are obviously not worth anything.

I dont get why people bring up the rings when it comes to curry. You can't find another star with weaker rings.

National High School Star

Kobe becoming criminally underrated now

Curry isn’ta better basketball player nor does he have a better career to date than Kobe Bryant