Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 77
  1. #31
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    11,721

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Bro teams leave dray more open now than they did in even 2016. And they left him open then too. But like... 10 feet open. Not 20 feet. Defenders literally run from dray. curry and klay still catch the same amount if not more heat.

    The splash bros just had a bad series my dude. Its ok to admit it. Their primary defenders were JR and kyrie with guys like Tristan Thompson and Richard Jefferson applying a heavy trap. Curry has gotten trapped like this by better defenses his whole career and produced. I'm a huge fan of his and can say... he choked. Once the pressure swelled it felt like a miracle he'd make a shot. Klay as well. They choked from an individual perspective.

    Even with all of the dubious circumstances... they still should have won. If klay averages 18 ppg and curry averages 25 ppg... they win. They lost by 1-2 shots. So they didn't even have to play good to win. They could've played slightly below average and won. But they played beneath even that. To argue they played better then than they are now is almost gravity defying.

    You feel me?
    I never said they didn’t. People have bad series sometimes.

    That wasn’t the argument.

    Having a worse finals series in 2016 than a second round series 6 years later means nothing compared to how good you are and what the overall game looks like from the other side. Bird was better against the Knicks in 1990 than the Lakers in 85. Call them equal?

  2. #32
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,486

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    I never said they didnít. People have bad series sometimes.

    That wasnít the argument.

    Having a worse finals series in 2016 than a second round series 6 years later means nothing compared to how good you are and what the overall game looks like from the other side. Bird was better against the Knicks in 1990 than the Lakers in 85. Call them equal?
    The argument proposed by our dear friend 1987 was that LeBron beat a superior form of the splash bros.

    We have it... totally spelled out that klay and curry have WAY better performances and productions in this years playoffs. Your excuse is Cleveland defense which is a joke. They weren't elite at all. Then you tried to say it was Cleveland's unique "strategy" of doubling... but literally every team does that to Curry. Then you tried to tell me Klay has... and I quote "no defensive ability today" while ignoring he got LIT up on defense in 2016 guarding kyrie as his primary assignment.

    What do you want me to do with this?

    LeBron was in peak form middle prime in 2011. He choked. Anybody that faced LeBron in that capacity got an easier matchup than facing him in 2012 or 2018 form. Same goes for the 2016 Finals splash bros vs today.

    Are you seriously disputing that?

  3. #33
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    11,721

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    The argument proposed by our dear friend 1987 was that LeBron beat a superior form of the splash bros.

    We have it... totally spelled out that klay and curry have WAY better performances and productions in this years playoffs. Your excuse is Cleveland defense which is a joke. They weren't elite at all. Then you tried to say it was Cleveland's unique "strategy" of doubling... but literally every team does that to Curry. Then you tried to tell me Klay has... and I quote "no defensive ability today" while ignoring he got LIT up on defense in 2016 guarding kyrie as his primary assignment.

    What do you want me to do with this?

    LeBron was in peak form middle prime in 2011. He choked. Anybody that faced LeBron in that capacity got an easier matchup than facing him in 2012 or 2018 form. Same goes for the 2016 Finals splash bros vs today.

    Are you seriously disputing that?
    Wow you’re really not comprehending what I’m saying at all.

    So if someone plays better in a series we automatically assume that the overall way someone has it is tougher? Those 3 players were superior in 2016. All of them were better then.

    My argument is that you are ignoring an insane amount of factors. You try to pick on each one as if I’m using them individually as an end all be all. I’m not. It’s everything
    Last edited by ShawkFactory; 05-21-2022 at 02:44 PM.

  4. #34
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,486

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Wow youíre really not comprehending what Iím saying at all.
    Really? You didn't say this?

    What about Clevelandís game plan defensively against them?

    What about how Cleveland was a superior defensive team than the regular season numbers show due to Lebron coasting?
    Theres no excuse you can make to say the 2016 Finals performance of klay and curry is better than their current performance. That could change, but they are playing better now than they did in that instance.

  5. #35
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,486

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    So if someone plays better in a series we automatically assume that the overall way someone has it is tougher?


    YES.

    Are you serious? If your opponent plays better... it will be harder for you to win.

    If curry went bananas in the 2016 Finals it would have been almost IMPOSSIBLE for Cleveland to win. They barely won with him playing like shit.

    Did you seriously just ask me if it's tougher to win when your competition is playing great?

  6. #36
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    11,721

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Really? You didn't say this?



    Theres no excuse you can make to say the 2016 Finals performance of klay and curry is better than their current performance. That could change, but they are playing better now than they did in that instance.
    Sure I said it. That’s also not at all the only thing I said. You based your rebuttal that.

    There are no excuses I’m giving. I’m giving context. No one is saying that they played better in vacuum that series than they are right now. There’s just a myriad of factors as to why that you continue to ignore.

    Lebron played better in 2020 than in 2011. I don’t think anyone is going to say that they Mavs had it easier, except apparently you now. And if that’s the case, why does Dirk get so much credit?

  7. #37
    We Stay Winning Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    7,335

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post


    YES.

    Are you serious? If your opponent plays better... it will be harder for you to win.

    If curry went bananas in the 2016 Finals it would have been almost IMPOSSIBLE for Cleveland to win. They barely won with him playing like shit.

    Did you seriously just ask me if it's tougher to win when your competition is playing great?
    So then LeBron is the Goat? Thanks

  8. #38
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    11,721

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post


    YES.

    Are you serious? If your opponent plays better... it will be harder for you to win.

    If curry went bananas in the 2016 Finals it would have been almost IMPOSSIBLE for Cleveland to win. They barely won with him playing like shit.

    Did you seriously just ask me if it's tougher to win when your competition is playing great?
    Yea, I did. What if the reason for your competition playing great is because of you?

    Canelo is going to fight better against me than Bivol.

  9. #39
    NBA All-star GimmeThat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,094

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    thread goes on with an enraged poster comparing 1 player with 2 players. blatant moving screen. and believe self to be intellectually sound.

    Griner is in jail in Russia for far less than that.

  10. #40
    College star dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,065

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    In all seriousness if Lebron played his whole career in the West, his finals record would be like 3-0 instead of 4-6. He makes like 3 finals instead of 10.

  11. #41
    2nd Greatest Player Lebron23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Land of 6 NBA titles
    Posts
    60,107

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    In all seriousness if Lebron played his whole career in the West, his finals record would be like 3-0 instead of 4-6. He makes like 3 finals instead of 10.
    OP is an idiot who never played basketball.

  12. #42
    We Stay Winning Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    7,335

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    OP is an idiot who never played basketball.
    +1

  13. #43
    Goatbrook SouBeachTalents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,128

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    tpols is fcking DELUSIONAL

    Trying to claim this version of Curry, coming off his worst season in a decade, is better than the unanimous FMVP version who led the league in scoring and his team to 73 wins.

    That this post injury Klay is better than the one who made All-NBA, averaged 29 ppg without Curry in the playoffs, and saved the season with his ATG Game 6 in OKC.

    That this version of Dray is better than the one who made All-NBA, averaged twice as many ppg as he does now, and was in line to win FMVP with an ATG Game 7.

    Put the 2022 versions of those 3 on the 2016 they don't come remotely close to winning 73 games, and very likely lose to the Thunder in the conference finals.

  14. #44
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,486

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    tpols is fcking DELUSIONAL

    Trying to claim this version of Curry, coming off his worst season in a decade, is better than the unanimous FMVP version who led the league in scoring and his team to 73 wins.

    That this post injury Klay is better than the one who made All-NBA, averaged 29 ppg without Curry in the playoffs, and saved the season with his ATG Game 6 in OKC.

    That this version of Dray is better than the one who made All-NBA, averaged twice as many ppg as he does now, and was in line to win FMVP with an ATG Game 7.

    Put the 2022 versions of those 3 on the 2016 they don't come remotely close to winning 73 games, and very likely lose to the Thunder in the conference finals.
    FMVP version?

    Curry is averaging more points on better efficiency right now than he did in the 2016 Finals. FMVP version? What world are you living in that curry won FMVP in the 2016 Finals?

    Klay averaged 16 ppg in the 2016 Finals on terrible %'s while being destroyed by Kyrie.

    Dray is the ONLY one who was better because he could at least bang a 3 back then if its wide open. Now he has a better chance of becoming a Chinese citizen than hitting a jumper.

    And Wiggins, Poole, Porter, Looney is > Barnes, Livingston, Iggy, and (injured) Bogut by a lot.

    This warrior team is better than their 2016 version playoff wise given all the context.

  15. #45
    Goatbrook SouBeachTalents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,128

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    FMVP version?

    Curry is averaging more points on better efficiency right now than he did in the 2016 Finals. FMVP version? What world are you living in that curry won FMVP in the 2016 Finals?

    Klay averaged 16 ppg in the 2016 Finals on terrible %'s while being destroyed by Kyrie.

    Dray is the ONLY one who was better because he could at least bang a 3 back then if its wide open. Now he has a better chance of becoming a Chinese citizen than hitting a jumper.

    And Wiggins, Poole, Porter, Looney is > Barnes, Livingston, Iggy, and (injured) Bogut by a lot.

    This warrior team is better than their 2016 version playoff wise given all the context.
    Lmao, have to cling to a fcking typo, FMVP instead of MVP, because your point is such utter nonsense

    Curry had one of the greatest seasons in the history of the league in 2016, hence being the only unanimous MVP in the leagues 75 year history. While 2022 was his worst season in nearly 10 years.

    And I guess you'll just straight up lie claiming Klay averaged 16 ppg in the 2016 Finals when he averaged 20. And if you look at the playoffs as a whole

    2016: 24.3 ppg on 59%TS
    2022: 19.5 ppg on 58%TS

    That's right, he averaged more in the 2016 Finals than he is in the playoffs right now. And averaged nearly 5 ppg more in the '16 playoffs, on top of having the unquestionably better regular season.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •