Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    So was Lebron the best player in the world in 2015 then?

I just feel like if you’re going to say something ridiculous it’s better to put it at the end so that people have to read your entire post first.

I stopped reading after your second sentence.
    LeBron averaged horrible efficiency in the 2015 Finals and his own positional opponent won FMVP on the back of holding him to 39% shooting. Curry and Klay ain't shooting 39%.

Shit..... Klay is shooting 57% in this Dallas series right now. And that's after laying a dump on Memphis in game 6. So to act like curry and klay are worse right now than they were in the 2016 finals is preposterous. If LeBron was like... Gary Payton and locked them up you'd have a point but LeBron was guarding Dray, who went off on offense and almost won a FMVP.

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    LeBron averaged horrible efficiency in the 2015 Finals and his own positional opponent won FMVP on the back of holding him to 39% shooting. Curry and Klay ain't shooting 39%.

Shit..... Klay is shooting 57% in this Dallas series right now. And that's after laying a dump on Memphis in game 6. So to act like curry and klay are worse right now than they were in the 2016 finals is preposterous. If LeBron was like... Gary Payton and locked them up you'd have a point but LeBron was guarding Dray, who went off on offense and almost won a FMVP.
    I meant 2016*

I meant 2016*
    Lebron was the best player in the 2016 Finals but it took a decimation to the warriors rim protection ~ Bogut getting hurt and dray catching a heavily scrutinized post game suspension for him to play well. Go look at Lebrons numbers the first 4 games of that series before those events unfolded. He was averaging 24 ppg on terrible %'s.

the idea of ball movement, and players being interchangeable is nonsensical to no one and nobody.

5-time NBA All-Star

Lebron was the best player in the 2016 Finals but it took a decimation to the warriors rim protection ~ Bogut getting hurt and dray catching a heavily scrutinized post game suspension for him to play well. Go look at Lebrons numbers the first 4 games of that series before those events unfolded. He was averaging 24 ppg on terrible %'s.
    Ok I’m sorry so...are we playing with numbers without context or are we not? You’re doing it on your end but trying to apply context on the other.

I’m about to head to the pool and have 1-2 more second grade troll posts in me so make them good

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

That doesn't stop you from bragging that Kyrie had "Wilt like numbers" in that Finals.

Ok I’m sorry so...are we playing with numbers without context or are we not? You’re doing it on your end but trying to apply context on the other.

I’m about to head to the pool and have 1-2 more second grade troll posts in me so make them good
    What context am I omiting? Curry and Klay played worse against a mediocre ranked Cleveland defense in 2016 than they have against a top ranked defense in Memphis and Dallas this year. What context am I excluding that would lead you to believe the splash bros performed better in the 2016 Finals than they did in this years playoffs so far?

5-time NBA All-Star

What context am I omiting? Curry and Klay played worse against a mediocre ranked Cleveland defense in 2016 than they have against a top ranked defense in Memphis and Dallas this year. What context am I excluding that would lead you to believe the splash bros performed better in the 2016 Finals than they did in this years playoffs so far?
    Idk...

What about Klay in particular defensively? He doesn’t have any ability on that end now when he was once above average to good.

What about the matchup with Cleveland?

What about Cleveland’s game plan defensively against them?

What about how Cleveland was a superior defensive team than the regular season numbers show due to Lebron coasting?

What about the fact that it was a pressure cooker finals series against a far better team than either the Grizzlies or the Mavs?

That kind of context.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Exactly. Check the splits before and after Adam Silver’s tampering and injuries to Bogut and Iguodala. That’s all you need to see.

Idk...

What about Klay in particular defensively? He doesn’t have any ability on that end now when he was once above average to good.

What about the matchup with Cleveland?

What about Cleveland’s game plan defensively against them?

What about how Cleveland was a far superior defensive team than the regular season numbers show due to Lebron coasting?

What about the fact that it was a pressure cooker finals series against a far better team than either the Grizzlies or the Mavs?

That kind of context.
    Whaaat?

Klay doesn't have any defensive ability right now?

And you have the balls to call me a troll? Klay has been AWESOME on defense in this years playoffs. He's not even known for it but his help defense on morants layup in game 1 might have won them the series. Memphis was tough and if they win that game 1 its tough sledding going forward.

Klay averaged 16 ppg in the 2016 Finals and got LIT UP by kyrie. Klay was the primary defender on kyrie.

To even have the audacity to pump up klays disastrous 2016 Finals up is mind blowing. Literally anybody would agree he played like ass in that particular series

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post

steve kerr himself said that curry cant hold lebrons jockstrap

stop this revisionist history

5-time NBA All-Star

Whaaat?

Klay doesn't have any defensive ability right now?

And you have the balls to call me a troll? Klay has been AWESOME on defense in this years playoffs. He's not even known for it but his help defense on morants layup in game 1 might have won them the series. Memphis was tough and if they win that game 1 its tough sledding going forward.

Klay averaged 16 ppg in the 2016 Finals and got LIT UP by kyrie. Klay was the primary defender on kyrie.

To even have the audacity to pump up klays disastrous 2016 Finals up is mind blowing. Literally anybody would agree he played like ass in that particular series
    Nobody is pumping up anything. Klay could be a primary defender on the other teams best offensive player in 2016. Would he shut them down? Not really. But he’d usually make it tough.

But just by bringing up his help defense on Morant proves my point. He’d be the primary on Morant in 2016. He’s not the primary on anything now.

The rest of my post stands too though. The Cavs game-planned for them in a way teams aren’t quite doing now. Dray had multiple 30 point games because of it. Barnes missed everything but was open the whole time.

The Cavs were way better than either the Grizzlies or Mavs.

It was a finals series, which are almost always slower-paced and higher pressure. You’re using 1 finals series vs 2+ non finals series.

There’s plenty of context you’re ignoring.

Decent college freshman 2much_knowledge's Avatar

Your stuff is getting more attention-seeking by the day. Guess thatís what happens when you need to be noticed but itís the playoffs
    This applies to many people here. Go tell them that

Bro teams leave dray more open now than they did in even 2016. And they left him open then too. But like... 10 feet open. Not 20 feet. Defenders literally run from dray. curry and klay still catch the same amount if not more heat.

The splash bros just had a bad series my dude. Its ok to admit it. Their primary defenders were JR and kyrie with guys like Tristan Thompson and Richard Jefferson applying a heavy trap. Curry has gotten trapped like this by better defenses his whole career and produced. I'm a huge fan of his and can say... he choked. Once the pressure swelled it felt like a miracle he'd make a shot. Klay as well. They choked from an individual perspective.

Even with all of the dubious circumstances... they still should have won. If klay averages 18 ppg and curry averages 25 ppg... they win. They lost by 1-2 shots. So they didn't even have to play good to win. They could've played slightly below average and won. But they played beneath even that. To argue they played better then than they are now is almost gravity defying.

You feel me?