Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 77
  1. #46
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    11,871

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Lmao, have to cling to a fcking typo, FMVP instead of MVP, because your point is such utter nonsense

    Curry had one of the greatest seasons in the history of the league in 2016, hence being the only unanimous MVP in the leagues 75 year history. While 2022 was his worst season in nearly 10 years.

    And I guess you'll just straight up lie claiming Klay averaged 16 ppg in the 2016 Finals when he averaged 20. And if you look at the playoffs as a whole

    2016: 24.3 ppg on 59%TS
    2022: 19.5 ppg on 58%TS

    That's right, he averaged more in the 2016 Finals than he is in the playoffs right now. And averaged nearly 5 ppg more in the '16 playoffs, on top of having the unquestionably better regular season.
    Here’s a good one: Dwight Howard did 26/13 against the Cavs in 2009 and 15/15 against the Lakers.

    Should we just chalk that title up to the Lakers being lucky that Dwight played worse?

  2. #47
    Goatbrook SouBeachTalents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,299

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Here’s a good one: Dwight Howard did 26/13 against the Cavs in 2009 and 15/15 against the Lakers.

    Should we just chalk that title up to the Lakers being lucky that Dwight played worse?
    We also know he'd NEVER downplay Dirk's 2011 due to LeBron & Kobe playing like absolute ass

  3. #48
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,486

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Lmao, have to cling to a fcking typo, FMVP instead of MVP, because your point is such utter nonsense

    Curry had one of the greatest seasons in the history of the league in 2016, hence being the only unanimous MVP in the leagues 75 year history. While 2022 was his worst season in nearly 10 years.

    And I guess you'll just straight up lie claiming Klay averaged 16 ppg in the 2016 Finals when he averaged 20. And if you look at the playoffs as a whole

    2016: 24.3 ppg on 59%TS
    2022: 19.5 ppg on 58%TS

    That's right, he averaged more in the 2016 Finals than he is in the playoffs right now. And averaged nearly 5 ppg more in the '16 playoffs, on top of having the unquestionably better regular season.
    That's not really a typo my guy. More like a Freudian slip.

    My only argument was the version of klay and curry that LeBron beat were not playing as well as they are now.

    You just showed klay is averaging the same numbers this playoffs as the 2016 Finals.



    If LeBron himself clamped them as a primary defender? Youd have a point. But he didn't. Curry was clanking on isos with Kevin Love.

    Just because they were better in the regular season than they are now? Has nothing to do with how they played vs Cleveland. Because they dropped off a cliff vs them.

    As I said before, 2018 LeBron was older and not in as good a shape as 2011 LeBron. (or 2010 LeBron or 2012 LeBron)

    But PHYSICALLY wise he was closer to his peak. Yet he choked. It would've been much harder for Dirk and the mavs to beat the Heat with veteran 2018 LeBron than with the 2011 version despite him being much older in the former scenario. This is because veterans tend to have way more composure.

    Do we need to break out the 2016 Finals averages vs the 2022 playoff averages regarding curry and Olay again?

    Let me know.

  4. #49
    Goatbrook SouBeachTalents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,299

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    ^ There's so much wrong with this post, I'm only going to make a couple of brief points

    1. You were clowning Klay for his 2016 Finals performance, not even realizing he's averaging less in the playoffs now The fact this needs to be articulated to you kind of speaks volumes

    2. LeBron actually spent numerous possessions guarding Curry, certainly more than Love, who you unsurprisingly flat out lie claiming that one instance in Game 7 was indicative of how the series played out

    3. Let's see you disavow Dirk's 2011 title run since he had absolutely nothing to do defensively with either Kobe or LeBron's struggles. Or as Shawk said Kobe's '09 title since he had nothing to do with guarding Dwight

    Yeah, Curry was atrocious in the Finals, but he was significantly better than this version of Curry for a nearly 90 game sample size. I'll laugh if Curry ends up getting locked down by Boston in the Finals

  5. #50
    NBA Legend kuniva_dAMiGhTy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    18,170

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    At full strength, the Warriors were better in 2016.

    Dray got suspended, Bogut missed like 3 games in the finals (torn knee) and Iguodala sprained his back. All healthy? They're as tough as they come.

  6. #51
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,486

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    1) The fact that klay is averaging the same production throughout this years playoffs as he did in the 2016 Finals is a counter to your argument that he was way better back then vs now.

    2) You're lying through your teeth on this point. LeBron was in no way shape or form the primary defender on either klay or curry in the 2016 Finals. Everybody in every game gets switched off at times with other defenders.

    3) This devalues your previous point that Lebrons defense was the main contributing factor in curry and klay playing bad by admitting Dirk defensively wasn't the reason Kobe and LeBron played poorly...

    Kobe played like shit in the 1st round Hornets series vs Chris Paul and was what he was regardless of Dallas defense. Lebron was crap because... He mentally choked. Just like curry and klay in the 2016 Finals. All 3 players choked and were easy targets in that version of them.
    Last edited by tpols; 05-21-2022 at 06:31 PM.

  7. #52
    RENT FREE Spurs m8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21,423

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Yep...there's at least 6 finals he wouldn't have made

    Plus his actual time in West he hasn't done anything in a proper season .lottery out West

  8. #53
    We Stay Winning Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    7,440

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post
    At full strength, the Warriors were better in 2016.

    Dray got suspended, Bogut missed like 3 games in the finals (torn knee) and Iguodala sprained his back. All healthy? They're as tough as they come.
    Are we really talking about Bogut who played 5 of 7 games meaning he only missed 2? The same guy that was averaging 12 mpg in the 2016 Finals Andrew Bogut? Come on bro...

  9. #54
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,935

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Are we really talking about Bogut who played 5 of 7 games meaning he only missed 2? The same guy that was averaging 12 mpg in the 2016 Finals Andrew Bogut? Come on bro...
    The funny thing is the Warriors won without Bogut the moment they took him out of the starting lineup for Iggy in 2015. Think they were down 1-2 in the series with Bogut starting.

  10. #55
    NBA Legend kuniva_dAMiGhTy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    18,170

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Are we really talking about Bogut who played 5 of 7 games meaning he only missed 2? The same guy that was averaging 12 mpg in the 2016 Finals Andrew Bogut? Come on bro...
    With as thin a margin Game 7 was, I'd rather have Bogut in the paint than 'Festus' lol.

    Not really arguing Bogut's impact though. More so the '16 team being superior than this years verz.

  11. #56
    We Stay Winning Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    7,440

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post
    With as thin a margin Game 7 was, I'd rather have Bogut in the paint than 'Festus' lol.

    Not really arguing Bogut's impact though. More so the '16 team being superior than this years verz.
    So LeBron's greatness and Curry's failure is hinging on some 7th string playing 12 minutes or not?

    Do you see how ridiculous that is?

  12. #57
    We Stay Winning Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    7,440

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    The funny thing is the Warriors won without Bogut the moment they took him out of the starting lineup for Iggy in 2015. Think they were down 1-2 in the series with Bogut starting.
    Bingo. There's a reason why he came off the bench and played limited minutes.

  13. #58
    Goatbrook SouBeachTalents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,299

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    1) The fact that klay is averaging the same production throughout this years playoffs as he did in the 2016 Finals is a counter to your argument that he was way better back then vs now.

    2) You're lying through your teeth on this point. LeBron was in no way shape or form the primary defender on either klay or curry in the 2016 Finals. Everybody in every game gets switched off at times with other defenders.

    3) This devalues your previous point that Lebrons defense was the main contributing factor in curry and klay playing bad by admitting Dirk defensively wasn't the reason Kobe and LeBron played poorly...

    Kobe played like shit in the 1st round Hornets series vs Chris Paul and was what he was regardless of Dallas defense. Lebron was crap because... He mentally choked. Just like curry and klay in the 2016 Finals. All 3 players choked and were easy targets in that version of them.
    1. Does this really need to be explained to you bro, like seriously Your entire basis for claiming Klay was worse in 2016 was specifically his Finals performance, which even going by that 7 game sample size, he was still averaging more ppg than he currently is now. That doesn't even include his All-NBA season in 2016, or averaging nearly 5 more ppg over the 2016 playoffs than he is this year. Barring some resurgence the rest of the playoffs, you have absolutely no leg to stand on claiming this post 30's, post injury Klay is better than he was healthy, in his prime, making the All-NBA Team in 2016.

    2. Show me where I claimed LeBron was Curry's primary defender? I said he defended him on numerous occasions, which he did, and certainly more than Love did.

    3. I think LeBron played a factor in Curry's struggles, I never claimed he was the main reason for them. And he for sure played a SIGNIFICANTLY bigger defensive role in the 2016 chip than Dirk did in his.

  14. #59
    NBA Legend kuniva_dAMiGhTy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    18,170

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    So LeBron's greatness and Curry's failure is hinging on some 7th string playing 12 minutes or not?

    Do you see how ridiculous that is?
    You're framing it that way. Not me.

    I'm just saying the guy had impact. Along with Dray and Iguodala...

    Relax bruh. It aint that serious

  15. #60
    RENT FREE Spurs m8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21,423

    Default Re: Lebron was 1-3 vs Warriors, so he would rarely make Finals out West in Luka's spo

    Jeez, we've upset them, AGAIN

    Keep crying, fellas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •