Lightbulb Dallas might benefit if Kidd convinces Doncic how Donovan convinced Westbrook …

Doncic can win scoring titles, and he may want to win a few just to prove he can do it as a young buck in the NBA. Especially since he’s foreign and not accepted the same way as some other players.

But will that help Dallas win titles more than the alternative path ?

I’ve seen just enough of Doncic scoring hunger, to estimate that long term, if Kidd can convince Doncic to to chase efficient triple doubles, instead of 35ppg, exactly like Billy Donovan & some very likable teammates with locker room social dominance, convinced Westbrook to stop seeking scoring titles, and instead go for an even more historic individual achievement….?

Doncic has enough size to get the rebounds like a forward with way more ease than Westbrick, and the assists will come very easy if he just settles on averaging 24-26 instead of aiming for 30+

Thoughts ?

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Dallas might benefit if Kidd convinces Doncic how Donovan convinced Westbrook …

Yeah and I think it will happen and I always thought that would happen.

I also believed that Luka got rid of KP exactly because he wanted to see just how much he could get done by himself and only by himself.

And I guess that's losing to a dynasty team in the Western Conference finals, while matching the GOAT in playoff scoring average.

Do you really need to prove more? Yeah ok, maybe a scoring title, but he shouldn't.

We already saw this game that Luka does understand this. Pushes the pace, plays defense, doesn't get predictable with step back and just an insane showcase of look away passes. Play like this and its rings.

Also, Luka is freakin huge, he's like an above average power forward these days.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Dallas might benefit if Kidd convinces Doncic how Donovan convinced Westbrook …

Luka is 23 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post
    Luka is 23 years old.
    Would you prefer he wait to learn until the age Westbrick learned ?
    Who the fu@k are you ?
    A nervous Westbrick badly fearing a young buck Finna break them trip dub records with plenty of time to do it ?

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    Doncic can win scoring titles, and he may want to win a few just to prove he can do it as a young buck in the NBA.

Thoughts ?
    He has repeatedly said he doesn't give two shits about his stats if they lose so I doubt he'd ever go out of his way to try and win a scoring title unless it meant the team was winning big.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    I also believed that Luka got rid of KP exactly because he wanted to see just how much he could get done by himself and only by himself.

The Mavs got rid of KP b/c he is always hurt and was paid so much they were pretty much required to force feed him shots even though doing that tended to ruin the flow of the Mavs offense.