Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: i am a shell of my former self thanks to alcohol

You got to see a psychologist my man, a good one. And you know you're f*cking up and while addition is brutal, there's no point continuing to drink. I agree with Duck, you need to go back to boring lifestyle. The lifestyle you got is for college and at most 1 year after that, that's it. You have to man up and grow the f*ck up afterwards.

You've messed up a few things already but that doesn't mean it needs to continue. Do you want to spiral and continue to ruin your life or stop the bleeding and slowly begin to improve? This part is on you, and I wish you the best of luck.

The only thing more pathetic about going onto a basketball forum comprised of teenage kids to talk about your problems is pretending they're actual problems.

Here's your bump, I hope it met your social need.

And even in the event this is legitimate , there are infinitely better places you vocalize your self thought and reach for help.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    You got to see a psychologist my man, a good one. And you know you're f*cking up and while addition is brutal, there's no point continuing to drink. I agree with Duck, you need to go back to boring lifestyle. The lifestyle you got is for college and at most 1 year after that, that's it. You have to man up and grow the f*ck up afterwards.

College? Fvck that. His life seems like something straight out of a Hunter S. Thompson novel

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Switch to weed. You don't even have to smoke it. I ate 3 of these sour strawberry gummies with total 30 mg THC and 60 mg CBD @ 9am and have been legit stoned all day.

Addiction of anything is difficult to overcome. Smoking, drugs, all the garbage people stuff down their throats and eat to make themselves feel good in the moment mostly laced with sugar, drinking, etc.

The only way that's going to change is if you look yourself in the mirror and you're absolutely tired of the person you've become. Otherwise, you're just going to slowly whither away.

You have to find some motivation or find a goal. For me when I got diagnosed with chronic kidney disease several years ago, I had to make changes to my lifestyle. And I'd do the changes, then fall off, then do them again, then fall off again. And eventually I had a good day with my daughter like usual, but just more fun than usual and I thought to myself I want to be around for her life and support her as long as I can. So I changed my lifestyle to be healthy, to feel good, and to be there for her...

...find your inspiration to change. If you don't you'll regret it later.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    we can meet any day you want and figure it out in person. let me know your availability.
    I wouldn’t be looking for fights in your weakened state. Your liver is already a couple shots (nice play on words ;) )away from exploding

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    The only thing more pathetic about going onto a basketball forum comprised of teenage kids to talk about your problems is pretending they're actual problems.

Here's your bump, I hope it met your social need.

And even in the event this is legitimate , there are infinitely better places you vocalize your self thought and reach for help.
    i think most of the known posters here have been around for a while, not teens anymore

and there is the personal connection with knowing another a lil bit at this point

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    was running red lights on purpose the other day, daring a cop to pull me over. i'm a ****ing mess man. gave my keys to my brother this morning. can't even face my past. i have unresolved trauma that i can't seem to deal with. but the drinking has to stop. there are no hangovers, there withdrawals now. one day i'm not going to come back to reality from being drunk so often. my brain is fried. even when i'm sober, i have mental lapses, i've been making bad jugdement calls. all of my family tells me i used to be a happy person that made others laugh...now i can't even bring my own self to laugh. i missed most of the suns series because i don't enjoy my favorite sport any longer.

Highwey... again I'd like to remind you I'm an expert on this subject.

In July it will be 7 full years since I've even touched a drink. Rule #1: Don't have the first drink.

If you start right now... no drinking whatsoever... it will take your brain 2 full years to fully recover from what your describing... 2 full years to overcome the temptation or urge to have a drink.

If you're dealing with trauma... get some counseling, you may think it doesn't help but it definitely will in your situation.

Don't worry about money, jobs, friends, family, health or any of that right now... if you can go a few years without drinking, you will see your life change and things will start to fall back in order on their own.

AA and rehab will preach to you about working steps, getting a sponsor and doing the work.... man, I said F*ck all that, the only work I have to do is just avoid having the first drink... and that's what I've done for 7 straight years.

Oh yea... I'm pretty sure you do still have some loser friends and females you still like to party with,... if any of these people in your life have any effect on your sobriety, gotta cut them out for a few years. It doesn't have to be forever, but it does need to happen temporarily... and knowing Mexican people the way I do... I can only imagine the beer-drinking pieces of $hit you hang out with.

It's real f*cking simple... and I wish I had discovered the solution a long time ago: You're not allowed to have the first drink. Do that, and you will find the help you are looking for.

It's not like you're being asked to never jerk off or have sex again, and it's going to be years upon years of semen retention... no, just don't ****ing have the first drink, how hard is that? Smoke weed if you have to.

Also.... I once thought I had hit rock bottom in my early 30's, but wasn't done drinking

I had no idea how far my rock bottom really was... you can sink so much further.

if you keep drinking, doesn't matter how much money or how many women you have... your life ain't going to get any better.

and more importantly... one day at a time.

But what do I know? It's not like I have any wisdom on the subject.

keep trying to limit your drinking to the weekends or just 1 or 2 a day... see how that works out... or you can just stay away from the first drink like I did.
    Last edited by Doomsday Dallas; 06-13-2022 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKobeFan View Post
    highweight is a potential school shooter.
    Nah, he's nearing 30, way too old for that. It's more likely he'll end up killing himself or other innocent people while driving like a maniac drunk out of his mind.

It's obvious he has unresolved issues, hopefully he gets the help he needs and I wish him the best.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Stfu op. Stop being a fat whiny baby and do something about it. No one wants to hear your bullshit rambling. Save it for your therapist.

Not surprised you can't relate to the story in the OP. His gun was in the truck and yours was strewn out on the $5 table you bought on half off day at Salvation Army next to your bags of crack rock and half smoked cigarettes. Shut up

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post

Not surprised you can't relate to the story in the OP. His gun was in the truck and yours was strewn out on the $5 table you bought on half off day at Salvation Army next to your bags of crack rock and half smoked cigarettes. Shut up

Damn cold world

DAMN

Welfare Cuck got raped again