Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    2011 Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    2011
    Posts
    20,890

    Default The Dallas Cowboys - 2022/23






  2. #2
    2011 Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    2011
    Posts
    20,890

    Default Re: The Dallas Cowboys - 2022/23




  3. #3
    2011 Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    2011
    Posts
    20,890

    Default Re: The Dallas Cowboys - 2022/23






  4. #4
    2011 Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    2011
    Posts
    20,890

    Default Re: The Dallas Cowboys - 2022/23



    Cowboys Have Over $20M in Cap Space


  5. #5
    pronouns - he/haw Nanners's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    12,505

    Default Re: The Dallas Cowboys - 2022/23

    I am so torn by this thread... on one hand I feel like I am contractually obligated to mock the cowboys and their fans relentlessly, on the other hand I love dooms and it feels wrong to mock a guy who is such a pure and hopelessly optimistic fan

  6. #6
    2011 Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    2011
    Posts
    20,890

    Default Re: The Dallas Cowboys - 2022/23

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    I am so torn by this thread... on one hand I feel like I am contractually obligated to mock the cowboys and their fans relentlessly, on the other hand I love dooms and it feels wrong to mock a guy who is such a pure and hopelessly optimistic fan
    Let's be honest, at the end of the day, you & me both know the game is rigged. Game has been rigged ever since it was created... but the game is entertaining as f*ck to watch.

    If people haven't learned this after watching the Falcons-Patriots Super Bowl... then I don't know what to say. Keep on believing the Bull$hit I guess, more power to you. I mean to a certain extend the game is very real... with all the injuries and hits that take place, the game is very real..... but the final score? not so much. Either way, fake or not, the atmosphere of an NFL game is something to behold.



    Me personally, I'm just kinda enjoying what scripts they write. If they want to script out the Cowboys losing every year, I'm still very interested for some reason. Eventually they'll have to write out a script where Stephen A Smith starts to get extremely nervous about the Cowboys reaching the promised land, and they might be playing out that script this year, but for the most part I'm slightly convinced that the league is never going to allow Jerry Jones to win another ring based on some of the things that went down in the 90s, would take too long to explain... but it has a lot to do with the economy & big business.




    So don't be torn Nanners, there are several people here in Dallas that can appreciate Stephen A Smith... I actually like the guy now.

    There is still a mutual respect... you would just be in the same camp/boat as Stephen A Smith is all.

  7. #7
    pronouns - he/haw Nanners's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    12,505

    Default Re: The Dallas Cowboys - 2022/23

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    Let's be honest, at the end of the day, you & me both know the game is rigged. Game has been rigged ever since it was created... but the game is entertaining as f*ck to watch.

    If people haven't learned this after watching the Falcons-Patriots Super Bowl... then I don't know what to say. Keep on believing the Bull$hit I guess, more power to you. I mean to a certain extend the game is very real... with all the injuries and hits that take place, the game is very real..... but the final score? not so much. Either way, fake or not, the atmosphere of an NFL game is something to behold.



    Me personally, I'm just kinda enjoying what scripts they write. If they want to script out the Cowboys losing every year, I'm still very interested for some reason. Eventually they'll have to write out a script where Stephen A Smith starts to get extremely nervous about the Cowboys reaching the promised land, and they might be playing out that script this year, but for the most part I'm slightly convinced that the league is never going to allow Jerry Jones to win another ring based on some of the things that went down in the 90s, would take too long to explain... but it has a lot to do with the economy & big business.




    So don't be torn Nanners, there are several people here in Dallas that can appreciate Stephen A Smith... I actually like the guy now.

    There is still a mutual respect... you would just be in the same camp/boat as Stephen A Smith is all.
    Of course the game is rigged... and as a seahawks fan I know this fact better than most (Superbowl XL (hawks vs steelers) was probably the most blatantly rigged game in all of NFL history)

    That said, theres something in my defective brain that is telling me that I must mock the cowboys any chance I get, I wish it wasnt this way but I dont really have a choice in the matter.

    Dont get me wrong, I respect the cowboys from a skill perspective... in terms of pure talent they are easily one of the best teams in the NFL

    TBH I dont really understand how or why i am programmed to be such a cowboy hater... I wish that wasnt how it is, but for some reason god made me this way...

    btw I cant believe you compared me to Stephen A... are you really gonna put me on the same boat as that tarded brainlet? I thought we were boys... you hurt my feels bro
    Last edited by Nanners; 07-02-2022 at 06:10 PM.

  8. #8
    pronouns - he/haw Nanners's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    12,505

    Default Re: The Dallas Cowboys - 2022/23



    would stephen A listen to this song on repeat? i didnt think so

  9. #9
    2011 Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    2011
    Posts
    20,890

    Default Re: The Dallas Cowboys - 2022/23

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post

    TBH I dont really understand how or why i am programmed to be such a cowboy hater... I wish that wasnt how it is, but for some reason god made me this way...

    btw I cant believe you compared me to Stephen A... are you really gonna put me on the same boat as that tarded brainlet? I thought we were boys... you hurt my feels bro
    two types of people in the world... those that love the Cowboys and those that love to hate them.

    but everybody loves an underdog... almost 30 years without a NFC Championship Game appearance... we are starting to become that underdog.

    problem is we are the most valuable sports franchise in the world and we have a great history... so we are never really look upon as an underdog.


  10. #10
    2011 Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    2011
    Posts
    20,890

    Default Re: The Dallas Cowboys - 2022/23



    Michael Gallup - 5 years - $57,500,000

    Last edited by Doomsday Dallas; 07-10-2022 at 01:01 PM.

  11. #11
    2011 Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    2011
    Posts
    20,890

    Default Re: The Dallas Cowboys - 2022/23



    Micah Parsons - update


  12. #12
    pronouns - he/haw Nanners's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    12,505

    Default Re: The Dallas Cowboys - 2022/23

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    two types of people in the world... those that love the Cowboys and those that love to hate them.

    but everybody loves an underdog... almost 30 years without a NFC Championship Game appearance... we are starting to become that underdog.

    problem is we are the most valuable sports franchise in the world and we have a great history... so we are never really look upon as an underdog.
    12/32 NFL franchises have never won a superbowl (thats like 37.5%). Yeah its been a little while since Dallas was on top, but 27 years ago they were superbowl champs, and the boys won a total of 3 (of their 5) championships in the 1990s... unless you are a young millenial or zoomer you were probably alive to see the last Cowboy superbowl.

    IMO its gonna take several more decades of losing for the Cowboys to ever become a true underdog again. You want to know the true meaning of underdog, look at the tragic franchise histories for teams like the Browns, Bills, Lions, Vikings, etc... FFS the Arizona Cardinals were founded in 1898 and they have only won their conference once in their entire 124 year franchise history (for context the Cowboys were founded in 1960)

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    problem is we are the most valuable sports franchise in the world and we have a great history... so we are never really look upon as an underdog.

    According to this chart the Knicks are the most valuable franchise in the NBA, but that never stopped them from being near perpetual underdogs

    The real problem the cowboys have is that they have 5 rings (no doubt most teams would love to have this problem). When youre one of the most winning teams in your sports history its impossible to really be a true underdog IMO... that honor is reserved for teams like the Cardinals - which had already been disappointing fans for 62 years the day the cowboys were founded.
    Last edited by Nanners; 07-16-2022 at 11:47 AM.

  13. #13
    2011 Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    2011
    Posts
    20,890

    Default Re: The Dallas Cowboys - 2022/23




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •