NBA lottery pick

Default 2022 OffSeason Pistons Moves

Looks like we just traded Grant. The only thing I can see from it is we cleared cap space so it looks like they must be making a run at Ayton after the draft. The draft picks don't look that great. Milwaukee's pick isn't going to be anything great more then likely. Other than that we added some 2nd rounders. I would bet some of that will be thrown in a S&T for Ayton. Seems like Grant would have been the one they traded to Phoenix though if that were to happen. Either that or they're trying to move up a spot and using some of that draft capital to do that.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: 2022 Off Season Moves

Well after just getting Duren it almost doesn't make sense to chase Ayton like that. Maybe Weaver is thinking about absorbing Westbrooks salary for the Lakers, getting that 1st round pick back somehow for doing so, and then buying him out. Maybe that opens the way for Kyrie to be moved somewhere with his big salary too. Doesn't make sense to pay Colin Sexton if you're the Pistons and try to outbid the Cavs for him. You just got Ivey. Still have Killian coming off the bench as a guard too. I bet they pay Bagley now. He'll be our starting PF. Duren could start at C. Bay at SF, Ivey at SG, Cunningham at PG. Pretty impressive young lineup.

NBA lottery pick

Maybe the one thing I didn't think of yet was what if Duren is the trade chip to Phoenix? If they lose Ayton they will need help at the C position. They would likely think the veteran McGee can start and clog up the lane. They could split that with the super athletic Duren. They're clearly looking to save money at that position so they can do something else on the perimeter. Those guys split minutes. Ayton signs a big extension in Detroit for whatever they agreed on after that huge trade exception and Phoenix takes on a rookie contract and defensive minded young center and probably has cap space to fill in another spot.

NBA lottery pick

I'm actually thinking now that I see that they have to buy out Kemba as a part of this that the Pistons are not going to go after Ayton. I think they'll resign Bagley and then go after some other players like Shroeder, Mo Bamba, etc with the rest of the cap space.

NBA lottery pick

Interesting they just took on all that salary in Noel and Burks. I feel like they could still end up trading those guys to contenders potentially. I wish we could have somehow kept Garza. I think he could be a solid role player on a team. Could be another young one we let go and they thrive elsewhere. Signs are pointing to them bringing Bagley back. I like that we got a few draft picks back in the deal. With a young team we need that capitol for other potential trades.

NBA lottery pick

Wow, major upgrade. We're apparently getting Bojan Bogdanovic for Kelly Olynyk and Saben Lee. With Cleveland, Chicago, and Milwaukee in the division it will still be tough to make the playoffs. But this team definitely has some pieces now.

Decent playground baller

Bojan Bogdanovic good aquisition, unless last year injury lingers to rest of his career.

NBA lottery pick

I agree. I'm actually surprised they got him like they did. It seems like a contender could have done a similar trade and got him. Detroit is also talking about keeping him after this season. I was almost thinking they might flip him as he's a big asset to a team trying to win now. Detroit is obviously trying to win, but they aren't someone who is going to make noise in the playoffs yet. I'm still trying to figure out the exact fit as it seems like he and Bey fill a similar role. So if they sign Bogdanovic long term does that mean they don't see Bey as a long term player for the Pistons? Or do they just play small ball forever with both of them in the lineup?

Decent playground baller

Bojan Bogdanovic can be good mentor for Saddiq Bey too.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Bojan Bogdanovic has agreed on a two-year, $39.1 million extension with the Detroit Pistons, @wassbasketball tells ESPN.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Cade Cunningham over his last 3 games:

23 PTS - 10 REB - 9 AST
    35 PTS - 9 REB - 8 AST
    26 PTS - 8 REB - 6 AST