Page 1 of 36 123411 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default After 10 years with the Wizards Beal is expected to sign 248 million Supermax.

The “I guess he’s all about the money. Doesn’t wanna win.” reactions are so weird for a guy on the team that drafted him. Aren’t they supposed to stay forever?

Many assume he wants to sign and then demand a trade this season with his money which would make some sense. The number of Stafford and Dame comparisons as a negative are funny though. The “Well don’t complain when you take the money and lose. Nobody feels bad.” talk.

What do we want?

Guys to stay forever on bad teams and do so at a discount?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: After 10 years with the Wizards Beal is expected to sign 248 million Supermax.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    The “I guess he’s all about the money. Doesn’t wanna win.” reactions are so weird for a guy on the team that drafted him. Aren’t they supposed to stay forever?

Many assume he wants to sign and then demand a trade this season with his money which would make some sense. The number of Stafford and Dame comparisons as a negative are funny though. The “Well don’t complain when you take the money and lose. Nobody feels bad.” talk.

What do we want?

Guys to stay forever on bad teams and do so at a discount?
    Do you want them to sign albatross contracts that will make them unable to play for a real contending team no matter where they go?

Could you build a championship team with Beal making that type of money?

Same goes with Dame. If you take up that much of the cap….you better be worth it.

When they sign contracts like this it just dooms any team they play for, no matter whether it’s for their originally drafted team or another.

Default Re: After 10 years with the Wizards Beal is expected to sign 248 million Supermax.

There was Arenas, Wall and now this. How long until this becomes the worst contract in the league?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

What do we want?
    To criticize.

. Do you want them to sign albatross contracts that will make them unable to play for a real contending team no matter where they go?

Beal at 47 million is Klay plus Wiseman who didn’t even play. It’s Middleton plus Ibaka. Horford and White are 42. Dinwiddle, Bertans, and Cauley stein are 40 million+. Luka/Beal/Brunson a contending core? They just made the wcf. Tobias and Melton are 44 million.

Deals of that magnitude are more shocking in an article than when you have to account for them on a roster. And with the cap going up? You’ll be able to move or fit a deal like Beals easily.

I also love the KG example, too. If the dude stayed with that shitty Minnesota franchise he was going to rot away but instead he said "Hell no" and went to Boston and won a chip, boosting his legacy over getting paid. OG shit.

My only head scratcher is why would he say he wants to go somewhere to win? Rather you say I’m trying to decide the best situation for me and my family. Because staying in Wash means you’re not winning a damn thing there. Lol

Someone told me “he’s securing generational wealthy, I’m here for it!”. But even if he wasn’t staying in Wash he was gonna secure generational wealth.

Read sixers we’re close to trading for Beal? Not sure how true.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    There was Arenas, Wall and now this. How long until this becomes the worst contract in the league?
    Didn’t injuries affect the first two?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    I also love the KG example, too. If the dude stayed with that shitty Minnesota franchise he was going to rot away but instead he said "Hell no" and went to Boston and won a chip, boosting his legacy over getting paid. OG shit.
    No he was traded. And resisted the trade proposal before the Celtics got Ray Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    This is Brad Beal tho, he's comparable to Michael Redd not KG.

Beal at 47 million is Klay plus Wiseman who didn’t even play. It’s Middleton plus Ibaka. Horford and White are 42. Dinwiddle, Bertans, and Cauley stein are 40 million+. Luka/Beal/Brunson a contending core? They just made the wcf. Tobias and Melton are 44 million.

Deals of that magnitude are more shocking in an article than when you have to account for them on a roster. And with the cap going up? You’ll be able to move or fit a deal like Beals easily.
    Build a team where 47 mil Beal gets a chip without Steph Curry

I don't care if the cap is going up... unless it's tripling, you don't hand out that deal.

That is a franchise crippling deal for the duration.

That's a... we're going to be just good enough to not win the lottery and not good enough to win anything in the playoffs type of player/deal. That's EXACTLY what the **** that is.

The biggest problem is people in NBA front offices feel compelled to win now to save their jobs, and you get shit like this. Most executives aren't allowed to tank for multiple years in order to try to get a chance at long term success, like Hinkie was trying and clearly Sam Presti is trying now.

The USA has wholeheartedly moved to a "results NOW" culture, long term be damned. And it's been that way for quite a long time. And it, among other things, is poisoning the country.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    This is Brad Beal tho, he's comparable to Michael Redd not KG.
    Exactly. KG was paid crazy money at a point but he was actually worth it. Bradly Beal? Not so much. Albatross contract right there. Will never be able to make a legit team with Beal getting paid that much. His only value will be to get traded when his contract is expiring to a tanking team in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    I don't care if the cap is going up... unless it's tripling, you don't hand out that deal.

That is a franchise crippling deal for the duration.

That's a... we're going to be just good enough to not win the lottery and not good enough to win anything in the playoffs type of player/deal. That's EXACTLY what the **** that is.

The biggest problem is people in NBA front offices feel compelled to win now to save their jobs, and you get shit like this. Most executives aren't allowed to tank for multiple years in order to try to get a chance at long term success, like Hinkie was trying and clearly Sam Presti is trying now.

The USA has wholeheartedly moved to a "results NOW" culture, long term be damned. And it's been that way for quite a long time. And it, among other things, is poisoning the country.
    Why do fans like you have all the answers but never reveal the answers? You dudes never explain the altnwrtaice solution which makes sense across the board and makes Wash better in the long run. You don’t give Beal this contract so now what do you do? All this text about what a franchise shouldn’t do blah blah. And nothing on what they should have done instead where the end result is them being better than they are today (with Beal and his deal).

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Why do fans like you have all the answers but never reveal the answers? You dudes never explain the altnwrtaice solution which makes sense across the board and makes Wash better in the long run. You don’t give Beal this contract so now what do you do? All this text about what a franchise shouldn’t do blah blah. And nothing on what they should have done instead where the end result is them being better than they are today (with Beal and his deal).
    Why do fans like you insist on thinking that hampering organizations with bad contracts is EVER a good idea?

You let him go. You accept the fact that you aren't going to win with him as your main guy and you MOVE. ON.

You don't cripple your organization into mediocrity for another 5+ years, unable to win even your division and unable to lose enough for a good pick.

Yes, your team will be worse in the near term but YOU LET HIM GO. ACCEPT IT.

Philadelphia is literally wasting Joel Embiid's career as we speak because of short term thinking people such as yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Build a team where 47 mil Beal gets a chip without Steph Curry

So the most recent obvious example doesn’t count?

47 million is an all star plus a role player today. Like I said Horford and Derrick white are 42 million. It’s Middleton and an 8th man. Simmons and Joe Harris is 50 million+. Kd/Kyrie/Beal not a contender? Nets lost to the champs last year by a toe with less.

We don’t need to build fantasy teams. He can slide into existing teams for players he’s better than plus a guy who doesn’t play.

Like I said the literal champs could afford him easily by swapping the same position and injured role players.