Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Bobby Portis declines option. Is now a free agent.

Id imagine the Bucks will match anything he gets and he seems to love it there. He’s gonna get offers though. He’s a somebody at this point.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Bobby Portis declines option. Is now a free agent.

Never hire someone with sanpaku eyes

I heard somewhere that he already has a handshake deal worked out with the Bucks. They just couldn't finalize it until July.

If anyone would take a discount to stay somewhere it's this guy. Funny how popular he is there. Playing with a MVP has been a game changer for him

What teams even have cap space to sign guys?

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    What teams even have cap space to sign guys?
    What teams are going to overpay Portis? Lol Lots of bargain deals in free agency. TJ Warren being one.

ESPN reported the cap went up 11 million or so this offseason matching the last 5 years of increases combined so I guess we will see how much space everyone has. Seems people can just create it at will by sending guys to the pistons/land of the lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    ESPN reported the cap went up 11 million or so this offseason matching the last 5 years of increases combined so I guess we will see how much space everyone has. Seems people can just create it at will by sending guys to the pistons/land of the lost.

Oddly enough the Cavs got the pick they used on Kyrie by taking on Baron Davis' toxic contract.

Rumored for like 4yrs 45 from mil so this was expected

I’m sure he and the bucks worked something out. I wonder how close that is to a Joe smith style illegal deal like what destroyed Minny

As it turns out, Smith and the Timberwolves had an under-the-table agreement in place, where Smith would sign three one-year deals for very little money, allowing the Timberwolves to acquire his Bird rights, which would allow them to go over the salary cap to re-sign him. He would have then been rewarded with a lucrative contract that would have paid him up to $86 million. This arrangement, of course, was highly illegal, and sanctions came down hard on the Timberwolves when the league found out.According to J.A. Adande, then of the Los Angeles Times, the entire plan was blown open when agents Eric Fleisher and Andrew Miller parted ways. Miller retained Smith and superstar teammate Kevin Garnett in the split, which prompted a lawsuit that led to the unearthing of many documents, including those detailing the Timberwolves’ illegal agreement with Smith.
    Before the start of the 2000 offseason, when Smith had signed the third of his three short-term deals with the Timberwolves for one year and $2.5 million, the league’s investigation of the matter was completed and punishments were handed down.
    The Timberwolves were fined $3.5 million, and forfeited their first-round draft picks for the next five years (the team’s 2003 pick was eventually restored). Not only was Smith’s newly-signed contract voided, his previous two were as well, meaning he would no longer retain his Bird rights with the Timberwolves. Additionally, Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor was suspended through August 31, 2001, and VP of basketball operations Kevin McHale took a leave of absence through July 31..

I’m sure he and the bucks worked something out. I wonder how close that is to a Joe smith style illegal deal like what destroyed Minny

Lol no it was just a technicality apparently. Now they can offer him 11 mil per yr for two years.

Now he qualifies for Early Bird Rights. That is why they can offer him more money.