Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 233
  1. #121
    3-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    10,809

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    Again, I disagree with your takes on Durant. Not sure that is a surprise at this point.

    Losing to a better team? Well, that depends on a subjective opinion I'd imagine. You say, for example, that Dirk had more help than Durant in 11. I probably agree, but...a reasonable person might disagree.

    I mean...Russ/Harden/Ibaka/Perk/Thabo/Collison...it isn't nothing..that's for sure. I mean, maybe the Thunder win if Durant played as well as Dirk did.

    Let me try it this way...

    Are you arguing that Durant should go down as a better player than Curry even if he never leads a team to a title?
    As of right now, I would consider Durant better then Steph.

    We really shouldn’t have to resort to resume arguments when it comes to players playing in the exact same era. You’re just unnecessarily making it more complicated then needed. These two have played in the same era for 13 years and the vast majority of the time KD has been considered better and for the first 5 of those years it was by a lot. And they played together for 3 years and it was pretty clear who was better.

  2. #122
    National High School Star theman93's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    In Shooter’s head
    Posts
    2,435

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    The super team he carried and averaged 36ppg on 63%TS vs the champion bucks, literally carrying worthless and injured Harden

    And this year kyrie misses most of the season, Harden gets traded for a guy in a wheelchair, and they make the playoffs only because Durant had an MVP year.


    You idiots only know narratives and drama. Know nothing about basketball. I'm here to teach
    You aren’t teaching jack shit you idiot. He QUIT before he gave it a shot with the team at full strength. Period the end.

  3. #123
    Verticle? plowking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    We goin' Sizzler
    Posts
    28,492

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    I think it is perfectly reasonable to take KD over the guys you are talking about. Most would. I disagree, but I understand it.

    The problem I have is what you articulate about the results having to show the "clearly superior" player label he gets vs certain guys...and KD just doesn't have that. I also think he's graded on pretty lenient standards for a guy that Zach Lowe is calling top 10 of all-time.

    Like, just take your comment about Dirk in 06...and this isn't unique to you...but that is an implosion? He definitely didn't play as well as he was capable of in the finals, but too many people underestimate how hard it is to win without a legit 2nd guy. You are running out a team that KD fans would be destroying in terms of help. That team was lacking some key things that make life easier on a guy like Dirk...like better center play...a legit 2nd reliable guy...and decent perimeter defense...and it had really poor coaching.

    Doesn't change the fact that while Dirk getting that team to the finals by beating the Spurs was incredibly impressive...that loss combined with his level of play in the finals prevents him from being in the Hakeem tier of player....as it should in my opinion. I'm the biggest Dirk fan in the world...but he'd simply be a better player if he doesn't get hurt in 03 in the WCF...closes out 06...and doesn't have the Warriors series.

    Having said that...if he just had a player like prime Ray Allen on his team during his prime...he probably has 3 titles...for sure 2...so winning alone is tough to quantify because circumstances matter so much.

    All I can say about Durant is that his non Warriors years are fantastic, but nothing noteworthy for the 15 to 20 best players ever. He also clearly struggles with the pressure and burden of being "the guy" for a franchise. Ignoring him asking out, yet again, to jump to one of the best teams in the league is absurd. Not enough is being made of this...think about his career...

    Ever since he entered his prime in 2011...he's played with an all-nba teammate...a current one from that specific year...each year of his career until this year iirc. He lost to the Warriors in 16, largely because of his horrible game 6...left a championship caliber roster....to join them...then left them to form a new superteam...and is now bailing on that to try and join another one.

    Maybe Durant is as good as some of his fans claim...or a better thing might be to say he could have been. It's not a knock and I'm not saying Durant is an Iverson level player...I do think he's better...it's just that his career results...with better help than Iverson...is quite similar....and I don't see how Iverson joining the Shaq/Kobe Lakers and winning a couple titles would somehow make him a better player.

    And I feel the same way about Durant.
    Yeah, the Dirk comment was more so the "narrative" around how things were viewed.

    But that is my point. Durant is judged so leniently. For some reason when you say he is a top 15 or top 10, you're expected to just go "oh yeah, he definitely has a case" but like you said, he really doesn't have better career results than any other top 30-40 great despite him having some very very favourable teams to play on. I'm not hard set like some of the other numpty's on here where "you have the team, no excuse, you need to win" logic applies. Certain variables have to go right for you to win. But he has had a lot of things in his favour his entire career, and outside of joining the greatest team of all time, he hasn't been able to put it together in the other 10+ years he has played in.

    What exactly makes him a better player than Barkley, Robinson, Malone, Wade, Dirk, etc? I legitimately wouldn't take him over Kawhi at his best.

  4. #124
    College star dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,137

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    The notion that KD was better than Curry on the Warriors because he won both FMVP's is dubious. As people have pointed out, Curry faced more defensive attention and opened up the floor for Durant and Curry has far superior impact stats. I don't have a problem with saying they were 1a/1b but calling KD clearly better is hyperbole. One better have some serious evidence for that...

    And yes if KD never joined the Warriors, he'd almost certainly be ringless and most people do take that into consideration. KD is a top 15-20 player but he hasn't moved past the tier in which players like both Malones, KG, Dirk, Dr J, Oscar, West reside in. Curry IMO has and is ahead of all those guys at this point. Klay/Dray are good but without Steph those guys aren't HOFers. Westbrook without KD is still a HOFer. As dumb as Russ is, you can't discount his talent... He is worse than his stats would suggest but he was still really damn good.

  5. #125
    3-time NBA All-Star NBAGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    10,083

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    i thought legm was bad but man kd was an integral part of an all time disaster situation with the nets. I'll eat crow since I was praising his team building when they traded for harden lol.

  6. #126
    Very good NBA starter SATAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    8,990

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant




  7. #127
    Saw a basketball once
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    The notion that KD was better than Curry on the Warriors because he won both FMVP's is dubious. As people have pointed out, Curry faced more defensive attention and opened up the floor for Durant and Curry has far superior impact stats. I don't have a problem with saying they were 1a/1b but calling KD clearly better is hyperbole. One better have some serious evidence for that...

    And yes if KD never joined the Warriors, he'd almost certainly be ringless and most people do take that into consideration. KD is a top 15-20 player but he hasn't moved past the tier in which players like both Malones, KG, Dirk, Dr J, Oscar, West reside in. Curry IMO has and is ahead of all those guys at this point. Klay/Dray are good but without Steph those guys aren't HOFers. Westbrook without KD is still a HOFer. As dumb as Russ is, you can't discount his talent... He is worse than his stats would suggest but he was still really damn good.
    Curry was the top dog and leading scorer in the regular season the 3 seasons they played together. KD just had a better finals but they were beating Cleveland regardless of who scored more. Every single point Curry scored in the Finals vs Boston was necessary to win.

  8. #128
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    32,648

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    As of right now, I would consider Durant better then Steph.

    We really shouldn’t have to resort to resume arguments when it comes to players playing in the exact same era. You’re just unnecessarily making it more complicated then needed. These two have played in the same era for 13 years and the vast majority of the time KD has been considered better and for the first 5 of those years it was by a lot. And they played together for 3 years and it was pretty clear who was better.
    I understand you think that… and that is a fine opinion to have.

    I think the exact opposite. I think Curry is the better and more impactful player when I evaluate them and it is the KD resume arguments that are used against Curry….

    Meaning KD’s two titles and fmvps while on the Warriors.

    I don’t really care much about perception… people on here act like KD didn’t have help and Russ wasn’t better than Iggy.

    It reminds me a bit of the KG vs Dirk stuff where a part of the KG fans still argue KG was clearly better. Well, at some point that has to actually show up in the results…

    And to date, KD has done nothing to earn that designation over Curry.,, and putting up great stats in the finals against horrible defenses with no pressure and little attention for a star against horrible defense just doesn’t matter much imo when the same guy has had Iverson’s career outside of that

    Again, if Iverson had joined Shaq/Kobe in 02 and won a couple titles scoring 30… would that really make him better?

  9. #129
    Learning to shoot layups
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Never seen a weaker mentality in a superstar since...umm...simmons? LOL

    This guy always had the thinnest skin. Would read all the internet comments and get triggered. Would react to all the talking heads.

    Obviously he is going to go team hunting after seeing the warriors win another one without him. He can't take the criticism.

    He talented as **** but he has no heart. He doesn't have the heart to be in the battle. To be on the streets. He a follower not a leader. It is what it is.

  10. #130
    NBA Legend Jasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin farm
    Posts
    17,917

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    op- 2) He wins 2 rings with GSW, but then he doesn't get the validation he really wants in a lot of people's minds so he leaves GSW AT LEAST IN PART because he was so desperate for validation in the minds of stupid people.

    NO
    If KD stayed at GS he would of been the man for years to come , and his robin would of been Curry.
    The pressure he put on himself as most athletes is that they think they can do it all, and he left.
    He did not have to validate himself for others LOL

    Somehow he got talked into the Nets by the nut case Kyrie. (That dude has one ring and thinks he is god)
    IMO Durant should go to the Knicks and just have fun... he is getting older and probably has 2-3 years left.

  11. #131
    College superstar Baller789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    4,504

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    This beta move by KD almost brings Curry's ATG status up a notch.

  12. #132
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    31,278

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    op- 2) He wins 2 rings with GSW, but then he doesn't get the validation he really wants in a lot of people's minds so he leaves GSW AT LEAST IN PART because he was so desperate for validation in the minds of stupid people.

    NO
    If KD stayed at GS he would of been the man for years to come , and his robin would of been Curry.
    The pressure he put on himself as most athletes is that they think they can do it all, and he left.
    He did not have to validate himself for others LOL

    Somehow he got talked into the Nets by the nut case Kyrie. (That dude has one ring and thinks he is god)
    IMO Durant should go to the Knicks and just have fun... he is getting older and probably has 2-3 years left.
    Troll post but I’ll reply.

    The entire reason KD left was because he realized he was the Robin. He thought he was going to come in and be the Batman but it didn’t work out that way. He wigged out and left to try to be the man.

    But he didn’t realize he’s just a woman.

  13. #133
    Professor 8Ball 8Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Correcting the Jordan Record
    Posts
    6,948

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Steve Kerr explained Durant leaving:

    "He left Golden State for the same reasons he came to Goldenstate, he was unsatisfied".

    Draymond said KD left because even after 2017 and 2018 championship the public and the media still wouldn't put him above LeBron and still criticized his move to join 73 win team.

  14. #134
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    31,278

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Steve Kerr explained Durant leaving:

    "He left Golden State for the same reasons he came to Goldenstate, he was unsatisfied".

    Draymond said KD left because even after 2017 and 2018 championship the public and the media still wouldn't put him above LeBron and still criticized his move to join 73 win team.
    He thought it was going to be his team. But it was still Steph’s. Everyone in the organization, fanbase, and media knew it. If you weren’t here during when it happened you just are simply not in the know. Just like I don’t know the ins and outs of the Raptors organization.

  15. #135
    Professor 8Ball 8Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Correcting the Jordan Record
    Posts
    6,948

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Its not just 1 reason.

    Its probably 5 different reasons thrown together and added up was too much pressure on his mind.


    KD not being embraced and loved in GS like Steph was.
    Media and fans not anointing him as best player in the world.
    Media and fans saying he is a bitch for joining a 73 win team that just beat him after he was up 3-1.
    Him being unsatisfied with how easy it was to win with a 73 win team.
    Draymond green calling him a bitch to his face and saying GS doesn't need KD.
    It was never going to be KD's team and that bothered him.


    There's many reasons why he left. Each reason alone is not enough, but together it was overwhelming.
    Last edited by 8Ball; 07-02-2022 at 12:31 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •