Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2022 off season Post Gobert. A new era begins

https://www.basketball-reference.com...olmale01d.html

4 games in the gleague look pretty good. Nice size. Only 22 when the season starts. Look forward to seeing these guys in person in 3 days. Vanderbilt appears to be an energy guy. If he ever figures out how to shoot watch out!

Caboclo, Fall and Robinson have some experience Sneed is back. I'd imagine that the new guys will join after the trade becomes official

I expect Butler to lead this team

Nate Randle: An open letter to Rudy Gobert: You are the most respectful and considerate athlete I have ever had the pleasure of working with. As a former Utah Jazz employee and fan, you will be missed. I have spent 15+ years of my career in sports and have seen it all. Most don’t carry themselves as you do. When we launched the #TakeNote campaign, you were the first player to adopt it. When I said thanks for tweeting it, you sincerely asked me to tell the entire marketing team how much you loved it.

– via Linkedin.com

Every time we shot a commercial with you — you showed up on time and never asked to leave early. I can’t tell you how rare that is. When we asked you to “do another take” or “say a different line” – you never complained. I won’t forget the time we were recording voiceover lines. You paused and said, “Does it sound like I mean it because I want Jazz fans to know that I really care.”

– via Linkedin.com

I have told my son over and over to watch your work ethic. His love for the Utah Jazz started because you were so kind to him on multiple occasions. Thank you! You probably won’t see this and that’s ok. I wanted to write it anyway because you’ve left a lasting impression on me. Much respect #27.

– via Linkedin.com

and I just liked him because the Jazz didn't suck anymore!

https://kslsports.com/489078/utah-ja...league-roster/

Looks like Childs isn' playing anymore after signing in Germany or whatever

https://www.deseret.com/2022/7/2/231...r-tim-connelly

didn't realize Kessler was their own pick from the Conley deal!

https://www.slcdunk.com/2022/7/2/231...-summer-league

Back to Walker Kessler. He’s the most prominent name not on this list. It either means the Jazz haven’t had time to bring him to Salt Lake, or it’s more likely that the Jazz are still in multiple trade talks and it’s not clear if he’ll be in Utah after the trade dust settles.
    don't think they can finalize until the 6th. I'd guess they may add some teams and pieces before it's official. Jazz have a lot of guys to dump!

https://thejnotes.com/2022/07/03/uta...-ainges-model/

The aftermath of the trade left Utah with a very clear future. They have role players, for now, a young player in Walker Kessler who could become a star, and a top-15 player in Mitchell. Their coach is here to stay, but the real asset is all their picks.
    won't be thought of as top 15 after a season of losing

The end goal for the Jazz? They will be a good, competitive team next season. Definitely in the playoffs, although not a Finals team. They will never dip below mediocrity, and they have the assets to eventually build a long-standing championship team, perhaps a dynasty if they draft right.
    they barely made the playoffs last year with Gobert missing games. The D was awful without him. Playoffs?

https://thejnotes.com/2022/07/02/uta...draft-capital/

The Jazz take a Hit but get a Starting Center
    a move like this for a young vet might make sense if they don't think Udoka's ankle can hold up or Kessler isn't ready for the NBA. Otherwise I'd be going into the season with those two getting the center minutes with a vet to school them along the way

Donovan Mitchell is one of the flashiest players in the league, so pairing him with an athletic forward who can get above the rim would put Utah on ESPN every night. Take note. John Collins is an athletic power forward who can step out and hit the three. He’s good for 15-20 points every night, and Atlanta wants him gone.
    I like this probably more than I should.

The Jazz Could Experiment for a Season
    no thanks. Expiring contracts, young players and assets. You will lose it's just a matter of how much now

https://thejnotes.com/2022/07/02/uta...obert-trade/3/

Even if you want Utah to give it all they have and try to win now, with these picks, if they are able to dump enough salary, they could make a deal with Phoenix to acquire Deandre Ayton, who would be a great rim-runner to pair with Donovan Mitchell.
    Those two on max deals? That really doesn't move the needle at all for me. I like Collins better. At least he isn't on a max deal

https://thejnotes.com/2022/07/01/uta...free-agents/2/

Eric Paschall Might be Done
    I think if they trade the rest of the seasoned vets as they should that Paschall and Forrest could be good young vets to have around for the tank

ClutchPoints: “They have shut down any team who’s called about trying to trade for Donovan Mitchell. The Jazz are committed to moving forward with him as their cornerstone player.” @wojespn on the Utah Jazz’s plans with Donovan Mitchell

Ben Anderson: According to the @Utah Jazz, two-way guard Johnny Juzang was in a car accident yesterday and isn’t practicing for the summer league today as a precaution. #TakeNote | @kslsports
    – via Twitter BensHoops

Marc Stein: The Jazz say Johnny Juzang is not practicing with Utah’s summer league team today as a precautionary measure after a car accident. Juzang will soon be formally signed by the Jazz on a two-way contract after the former UCLA star went undrafted.
    – via Twitter TheSteinLine