Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3441424344
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2022 off season Post Gobert. A new era begins

Q. Danny Ainge said a couple of days ago, that part of his decision, ultimately, and part of the organization’s decision to rebuild and trade the group was that he saw a team that didn’t believe in each other. DO you agree with them? Donovan Mitchell: Not at all. That’s his assumption after being around for six months, it’s easy to look at things from the outside in and get your own perception on stuff. Despite what the media reports, especially about me and Rudy like this, to be honest, it’s obvious what everybody talks about, granted, we had some differences. But at the end of the day we were the number one pick-and-roll duo for a lot of last year, we were very efficient together on the floor. There was a lot of things that played into it that we just didn’t have success, you know? (…) I wouldn’t say this group didn’t believe each other. (…) I wouldn’t say that we didn’t believe in each other. I don’t think that’s fair after six months.

– via Apple Podcasts

Donovan Mitchell: When I got traded, you know, we spoke to obviously Koby (Altman), JB (Bickerstaff), everybody from the team. But you know, JB had told me they were going to Nashville, that next Monday, or whatever it was that Thursday, or Friday, or whatever it was. And I said, I’m there.

– via Apple Podcasts

New Cleveland Cavalier Donovan Mitchell says he’s super excited to be reunited with former Utah Jazz teammate Ricky Rubio. (Via Cleveland Cavaliers): “He really helped me lock in on the little details as far as my work, as far as my craft, as far as the possession game. Just being able to watch him lead our team from the point guard position and allowing me to kinda take the reins as a young guy, which I didn’t even expect coming into the league and just kinda teaching me the little things throughout the game. I’m forever grateful for Ricky Rubio, and to be back here with him, he’s a little bit older now, but he’s still the lighthearted fun guy that I’ve always known. I’ve gone to Spain to see him and hung out with him. So to be back here with him is truly special.”

– via Paul Terrazzano Jr. @ TalkBasket

Stefan Bondy: There are different views about how the league views RJ Barrett. My understanding is the Jazz valued the contract that they got with Collin Sexton more than what they would’ve had to pay Barrett. That was an important part of the trade negotiations.
    – via Michael Scotto @ *********

well duh. You got a guy that could be as good or better than Mitchell for 60 million less than Mitchell or Barrett makes and he's two years younger than Mitchell

The Boston Celtics have signed Justin Jackson, Jake Layman and Denzel Valentine. All three are expected to have signed non-guaranteed, training camp contracts. Jackson appeared in seven NBA games between the Celtics and Phoenix Suns last season. Jackson also played in 28 games for the Texas Legends of the G League. Jackson averaged 22.2 points, 6.7 rebounds and 3.4 assists for the Legends.
    – via RealGM

Rudy Gobert is not leaving Berlin without a gold medal around his neck. “I’m here to win,” Gobert was straightforward, per Mozzart Sport. “The goal is a gold medal, and only that will satisfy me. “I will try to be even better in order to achieve that goal. I believe that this team has enough quality to be the best in Europe. We have to beat Poland and then one more. After that, I will be happy,” said the new Minnesota Timberwolves player.
    – via BasketNews

He delivered when it mattered the most. In the Round of 16 and the quarterfinal stage, Gobert averaged 19.5 points, 15.5 rebounds, and 24.0 EFF. “We have to continue to do well and above all, to believe in ourselves. I have the impression that we are improving from game to game. We knew that as a young team we would make some mistakes. The beauty of it – we can learn a lot from all of this, and it can be seen that we are doing just that,” the French center pointed out.
    – via BasketNews

https://www.deseret.com/2022/9/15/23...f-is-finalized

Hornacek played for the Jazz from 1994-2000 and was an assistant from 2011-2013. After that, he was head coach of the Phoenix Suns (2013-2016) and New York Knicks (2016-2018) and an assistant with the Houston Rockets (2020-2022).
    He was helping AK at least before he was an assistant if I remember correctly

much smaller staff than COTM I believe. Horny might be the guy to help Bolmaro, Butler etc. with their shot

https://www.deseret.com/2022/9/15/23...land-cavaliers

Mitchell said the 8-second violation he committed toward the end of Game 1 of the Jazz’s 2020 playoff series against the Denver Nuggets still eats at him. The Jazz took Games 2, 3 and 4 before losing the next three games and the series, and he wonders what might have happened had they won Game 1.
    should eat at you. Boneheaded!

https://www.deseret.com/2022/9/15/23...jan-bogdanovic

“He’s really coming into his own,” Jazz CEO Danny Ainge said earlier this week. “We’re seeing things in him, grabbing rebounds and going coast-to-coast with the dribble. Those are things you haven’t really seen out of Lauri yet, and so we’re excited about his future.”
    he'll have the chance to showcase it this year at least until the trade deadline

https://kslsports.com/492636/jeff-ho...th-will-hardy/

This is Hornacek’s third stint in a coaching role with the Jazz after serving as a shooting advisor for Andrei Kirilenko in 2007 before being named an assistant coach on Tyrone Corbin’s staff between 2011-13.
    there it is

Horny probably picked two of the worst teams at the time to coach with the Knicks and Suns, but definitely can't hurt to have a guy on staff who's done the top job when you've got a rookie head coach.

Bogey out for Lee and Olynyk from Detroit. They apparently wanted a vet C and to clear up the forward logjam. Guess they rate Lee somewhat too to take him in too. Surprised by no draft picks and adds another player to the roster, so another one to cut too.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 09-26-2022 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Horny probably picked two of the worst teams at the time to coach with the Knicks and Suns, but definitely can't hurt to have a guy on staff who's done the top job when you've got a rookie head coach.
    good hire. He did a great job the first year with the Suns. Going to NY and agreeing to run the triangle certainly was not a good move

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    They needed a vet but they just signed Zeller. I'd rather have someone younger. Lee was dominating in 7 Gleague games so he might have a chance if he can get on the floor with Clarkson, Donley and Gay still around. Didn't want any long term money. Got a nice trade exception and under the tax

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Biggest heist in sports history.

Wolves will never recover from it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Biggest heist in sports history.

Wolves will never recover from it.
    not sure you'll recover