Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: your boy just broke out of rehab, ama

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    i'm looking into sober living aka 3/4 houses after this treatment center. i cannot return to my place, i know i will continue to relapse.

went to a pool party last week during treatment at a sober house living apartments, was cool, lots of hot chicks but there was definitly some people there that aren't "trying to be sobe", aka, they're there to fullfull some court shit, not by will. and you know as well as i do that if you aren't ready to be sober, there isn't a program or center in the world that will keep you sober.
    Here's what happened to me:

did about 10 days of rehab in December of 2013. Lot's of crazy people at this place. Had to break free.

went to another rehab in late January 2014 and completed a 35 day program.

Sober Living from Feb/14 to May/15 - kicked out for one month for relapse.

lived in the worst half house imaginable for about 30 days and then got my sober living apartment back.

Moved in with my alcoholic girlfriend right after leaving the sober living community... I thought it was a brilliant idea at the time. Relapsed with her several times.

got my own place, a one bedroom apartment about one month later. Finally quit drinking in mid July of 2015... I was finished.

None of that rehab time had really even mattered until I had finally wanted to quit. It is like you say... you have to want it.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    they invited me back but i gotta wait until tuesday for the clinic to open for detox then i can slide back in.
    this n199@ broke outta rehab for the fourth of july weekend because he couldn't stand to know what he was missing. drowned himself in alcohol for a few days and heads back to paradise on a whim.

you don't want to get well bro, you're not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    drowned himself in alcohol for a few days and heads back to paradise on a whim.

My point highwhey, is this: the Sober Living community I stayed at was the closest I ever got to paradise.

but if you relapsed... it was Paradise Lost.

I still think about that place everyday.

We'd even have former residents come back to visit... they all said the same thing, that they missed the community and wished they were still living there.

It was like MTV's the Real World, but instead of putting 7 random people together... you're putting 40 random alcoholics & addicts together... to live together.

craziest social experiment I've ever been apart of... that's for sure.

The average person wouldn't ever get to experience an environment like a Sober Living Community... the closest people ever get to it is college life when they are young, living in the dorms... which is why most people look back at their college days as the most exciting time of their life.

The sober living community I was apart of was something special... It's was like living on campus again at age 35 without the booze.

I lived in the dorms in a University once for about a year and half... at age 20... Best parties ever where everybody drinks & gets high. I got absolutely no studying done.

15 years later... I get a taste of what it's like to live on campus again... studying sobriety with a bunch of random women.

But as I was saying... the average person wouldn't find this Lost Paradise I discovered because you have to prove you've been sober for 30 days for them to even accept you. The only way you can do that is if you are fresh out of rehab. It's the only way to get on the island. 30 days impatient rehab.

30 days of impatient rehab ended up becoming a treasure map to a hidden underground paradise in Dallas... I don't think Phoenix will offer the same, but Dallas delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    this n199@ broke outta rehab for the fourth of july weekend because he couldn't stand to know what he was missing. drowned himself in alcohol for a few days and heads back to paradise on a whim.

you don't want to get well bro, you're not ready.
    You're right, there's part of me that wants to continue to drink. but i don't really have the time to bottom out harder, the most recent binge led me to some crazy thinking....so i'll go back to treatment and work the AA program. i got a sponsor too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    The average person wouldn't ever get to experience an environment like a Sober Living Community... the closest people ever get to it is college life when they are young, living in the dorms... which is why most people look back at their college days as the most exciting time of their life.

The sober living community I was apart of was something special... It's was like living on campus again at age 35 without the booze.

I lived in the dorms in a University once for about a year and half... at age 20... Best parties ever where everybody drinks & gets high. I got absolutely no studying done.

15 years later... I get a taste of what it's like to live on campus again... studying sobriety with a bunch of random women.

But as I was saying... the average person wouldn't find this Lost Paradise I discovered because you have to prove you've been sober for 30 days for them to even accept you. The only way you can do that is if you are fresh out of rehab. It's the only way to get on the island. 30 days impatient rehab.

30 days of impatient rehab ended up becoming a treasure map to a hidden underground paradise in Dallas... I don't think Phoenix will offer the same, but Dallas delivered.
    i would definitely say the comparison is valid. and sober people learn to have real fun since they don't need booze or drugs. i'm going to give it a shot.

I believe in you my latino brother, highguey.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post

The endless cycle continues with this guy.

http://sobercrossings.org/wp-content...se-Cycle-4.jpg

This is the way.