Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    NBA sixth man of the year Shogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,050

    Default Philadelphia could/should have been dominating over half a decade in the 2020s.

    What a pity. They really ****ed it up, eh?

    Even with all the poor decision making, if Kawhi doesn't get away with carrying the ball and doesn't get the luckiest bounce in NBA history on the exact same play, they win it all in 2019 and there's no telling what the trajectory is from there.

    I assume they keep Jimmy Butler at that point.

    Imagine if they took Tatum instead of Fultz. But even within that, imagine that Fultz doesn't get into a motorcycle accident, keep it a secret as much as possible, change his form as a result, and completely mind**** himself into being a bad shooter.

    They could literally still be dominating the league right now.

    But... they're not. And they won't. And they're getting broken down James Harden on a long term deal.

    Sad.

  2. #2
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    27,334

    Default Re: Philadelphia could/should have been dominating over half a decade in the 2020s.

    1) Embiid is never 100% in the POs
    2) They ****ed up by choosing Harris over Butler

    We can blame Simmons but he is who he is at this point and they would have won against the Raptors, Hawks and the Heat had Embiid been healthy.

  3. #3
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,940

    Default Re: Philadelphia could/should have been dominating over half a decade in the 2020s.

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    1) Embiid is never 100% in the POs
    2) They ****ed up by choosing Harris over Butler

    We can blame Simmons but he is who he is at this point and they would have won against the Raptors and the Heat had Embiid been healthy.
    But you called Butler a fluke in 2020.

  4. #4
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    27,334

    Default Re: Philadelphia could/should have been dominating over half a decade in the 2020s.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    But you called Butler a fluke in 2020.
    It was an outlier of a series in 2020 vs Lakers but he proved me wrong this year. I don't see how I was wrong for calling his Finals series a "fluke" when he went from a 22/7/7 type guy to a bonafide superstar with 35-40 pt triple-doubles & outplaying Bran.

  5. #5
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,940

    Default Re: Philadelphia could/should have been dominating over half a decade in the 2020s.

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    It was an outlier of a series in 2020 vs Lakers but he proved me wrong this year. I don't see how I was wrong for calling his Finals series a "fluke" when he went from a 22/7/7 type guy to a bonafide superstar with 35-40 pt triple-doubles & outplaying Bran.
    Thanks for admitting you were wrong. Butler had a better Finals than any of Kobe's Finals.

  6. #6
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    27,334

    Default Re: Philadelphia could/should have been dominating over half a decade in the 2020s.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Thanks for admitting you were wrong. Butler had a better Finals than any of Kobe's Finals.
    Not really but smooth-brained individuals such as yourself can only compare numbers & disregard all context. By your logic, Butler's Finals was also better than at least 7 of Bran's.

  7. #7
    Very good NBA starter SATAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    8,969

    Default Re: Philadelphia could/should have been dominating over half a decade in the 2020s.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    But you called Butler a fluke in 2020.

  8. #8
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,940

    Default Re: Philadelphia could/should have been dominating over half a decade in the 2020s.

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Not really but smooth-brained individuals such as yourself can only compare numbers & disregard all context. By your logic, Butler's Finals was also better than at least 7 of Bran's.
    Here are Kobe's finals stats

    2000 - 15.6 ppg | 39 fg%

    2001 - 24 ppg | 41.5 fg% | 50 TS%

    2002 - 27 ppg | 51 fg% | 62 TS%

    2004 - 23 ppg | 38 fg% | 46 TS%

    2008 - 26 ppg | 40.1 fg% | 50.5 TS%

    2009 - 32 ppg | 43 fg% | 52.5 TS%

    2010 - 29 ppg | 40.1 fg% | 52.8 TS%

    Butler in 2020: 26|8|10|2 on 66 TS%






  9. #9
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    27,334

    Default Re: Philadelphia could/should have been dominating over half a decade in the 2020s.

    So now Jimmy Butler is better than Kobe.

    Can't wait for more low IQ takes from this wannabe Lakers fan.

  10. #10
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,940

    Default Re: Philadelphia could/should have been dominating over half a decade in the 2020s.

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    So now Jimmy Butler is better than Kobe.

    Can't wait for more low IQ takes from this wannabe Lakers fan.
    Better Finals performer, that's for sure.

    Kobe was lucky he had Shaq averaging monster numbers in the Finals also lucky his teammates bailed him out of 6/24 vs Boston.

  11. #11
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    31,256

    Default Re: Philadelphia could/should have been dominating over half a decade in the 2020s.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Here are Kobe's finals stats

    2000 - 15.6 ppg | 39 fg%

    2001 - 24 ppg | 41.5 fg% | 50 TS%

    2002 - 27 ppg | 51 fg% | 62 TS%

    2004 - 23 ppg | 38 fg% | 46 TS%

    2008 - 26 ppg | 40.1 fg% | 50.5 TS%

    2009 - 32 ppg | 43 fg% | 52.5 TS%

    2010 - 29 ppg | 40.1 fg% | 52.8 TS%

    Butler in 2020: 26|8|10|2 on 66 TS%





    Comparing bubble 2020 stats to early 2000ís era basketball with completely different rules is some mental midget and real life midget shit.

    Donít know ball.

  12. #12
    NBA Legend FKAri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    16,682

    Default Re: Philadelphia could/should have been dominating over half a decade in the 2020s.

    It's one thing to admit Lebron > Kobe. It's another to shit on Kobe at every opportunity. Lifelong Lakers fan btw.

  13. #13
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,940

    Default Re: Philadelphia could/should have been dominating over half a decade in the 2020s.

    Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Comparing bubble 2020 stats to early 2000’s era basketball with completely different rules is some mental midget and real life midget shit.

    Don’t know ball.
    Saying Curry has 4 legit rings is mental midget and crack head shit.

    2015: Kyrie & Love injured
    2017 & 2018: Needed KD and a GOAT team overall.


  14. #14
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    31,256

    Default Re: Philadelphia could/should have been dominating over half a decade in the 2020s.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Saying Curry has 4 legit rings is mental midget and crack head shit.

    2015: Kyrie & Love injured
    2017 & 2018: Needed KD and a GOAT team overall.

    You are under 6 feet tall and constantly fuming.

    Have a happy 4th little guy.


  15. #15
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,940

    Default Re: Philadelphia could/should have been dominating over half a decade in the 2020s.

    Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    You are under 6 feet tall and constantly fuming.

    Have a happy 4th little guy.

    You are the same guy who got exposed for reporting every post on this forum.

    I think we all know who is fuming.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •