Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Jeanie Buss is NOT happy

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post
    Lebron stans scrambling in this thread. Fukkin roaches
    This .lol. not even sure what they are angry about

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    Well, I guess this hero's welcome Kobe gets in death is better than the slander he got when he was alive, but we all know the man wasn't perfect. Maybe Jeanie can't remember those too well because she wasn't in charge yet?
    Kobe had his faults but that's because of his competitive nature

Kobe and Duncan is everything an organization wants from their Franchise player

20 years of service and winning 5 rings

Quote Originally Posted by LeGoat4Life View Post
    Kobe had his faults but that's because of his competitive nature

Kobe and Duncan is everything an organization wants from their Franchise player

20 years of service and winning 5 rings
    This

Kobe Bryant died years ago. These idiots just use his name for attention. It's ****ing pathetic. Nothing is sadder to me than what Tatum did recently. What an idiot.

She needs to sell the team. The current front office is stuck in the past and a major reason is because Jeannie runs the team like a family business, putting her friends and family (magic, the Buss brothers, Kurt and Linda rambis, pelinka etc) in all the major decision making positions. She won’t bring in fresh voices that can adapt to todays game, instead always looking to land the big glamorous names to the detriment of solid roster building.

If you set aside the AD acquisition and the 2020 chip, then you would see the front office has been a MAJOR failure the past 7 seasons: bogus contracts given to scrubs like mozgov, a revolving door of washed up vets and journeymen on one year rentals, mortgaging the future by giving away all your young assets and picks, and of course the disastrous Westbrook trade. Thankfully they are rectifying this a little with some of the new signings but they are still not a deep roster with champion contending capabilities. And no we are not getting kyrie either.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny32 View Post
    throwing bynum under the bus to random fans in a parking lot cuz he wanted him traded for win now guys. then crying on the radio about leaving cuz the team sucks. lol she's full of shit.
    Put the pressure on them to get stuff fixed. He wasn’t wrong about Bynum for Kidd though, you serious? At least he didn’t say he was staying and hold a douchey free agent press conference than bail on his hometown franchise twice like a total coward

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post
    Put the pressure on them to get stuff fixed. He wasn’t wrong about Bynum for Kidd though, you serious? At least he didn’t say he was staying and hold a douchey free agent press conference than bail on his hometown franchise twice like a total coward

Imagine Kobe pulling this shit.

We’re getting ready to start promoting our 10-part docuseries on Hulu and we’re immersed in all things Lakers. There are so many people I miss. But the person I miss the most is Kobe. We miss his voice, his friendship and everything that was taken away from us when we lost him. What I know is Laker fans feel the same way I do.

So when I feel down like that, I know when I say something, the response that I get makes me feel not alone. That’s how a community comes together to grieve. This grieving process with losing Kobe will go on for the rest of my life. It’s a void that can never be filled and was never expected.

When Phil [Jackson] left to go to the Knicks, the NBA made us sign a letter because we’re on two different teams. He said, ‘This means I can’t help you anymore. But you always have Kobe. Kobe has your back. Talk to him if you ever need advice. You’ll always have Kobe.’ That’s what Phil said to me. So, the idea that we don’t always have Kobe is hard to accept.

There was some interpretation on social media that this was an indirect message to LeBron or something pertaining to the offseason.

No. It was that my heart was full of sadness. You look to people surrounding you that feel the same way to commiserate. That’s all it was. It wasn’t intended at anything other than I had sorrow in my heart and I was trying to lighten my load.