Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Full Court's Avatar

Default Re: Who is the next GOAT?

Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    Jordan fans are so annoying that the polarizing nature of society will push for other guys to come along and rise up and bury him.

Also he did it during the Steroid era so everything he accomplished has an asterisk.
    You don't even need to be a fan to recognize him as the GOAT. He wins GOAT polls by around 75%. You can't tell me that 75% of all people are Jordan fans.

NBA All-star

lebron isn't feared

jordan was FEARED:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bcDdpEWgcYY&t=0m24s

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    lebron isn't feared

jordan was FEARED:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bcDdpEWgcYY&t=0m24s
    rex chapman.

bowling green Ohio, his hometown, is one of my clients. a deal that I made sure to help and sell myself.

my boy, what did Steve Kerr Isiah Thomas and Scottie Pippen say?

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    rex chapman.

bowling green Ohio, his hometown, is one of my clients. a deal that I made sure to help and sell myself.

You heard Rex - Jordan dominated NBA players like they were in high school

You had to fear Jordan's MOOD...

Heck, Lebron is a goody 2 shoes with no real life experience (coddled since he was first discovered at 10 years old) . People can tell he was born with a silver spoon and never had any real experience, so no one fears him

College star

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    rex chapman.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...ebron-and-Tmac

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    You heard Rex - Jordan dominated NBA players like they were in high school

You had to fear Jordan's MOOD...

Heck, Lebron is a goody 2 shoes with no real life experience (coddled since he was first discovered at 10 years old) . People can tell he was born with a silver spoon and never had any real experience, so no one fears him
    rex is a 6'4 white boy.

that's a far cry from what lebron went up against.

sure Rex was the best player in his highschool and on his highschool team of his time.

he's no kd. or kawhi. or curry. or klay. or kobe. or any of the other perimeter players of his era that lebron was better than. that list goes on and on btw. melo. tmac. wade. arenas. rose. ginobili. etc etc etc etc.

and we already know what mr. kerr says.

Jordan fans are so annoying that the polarizing nature of society will push for other guys to come along and rise up and bury him.

Also he did it during the Steroid era so everything he accomplished has an asterisk.
    One thing is for sure; many of them are literally insecure and obsessive. However, older posters also say kobe stans here itb were much worse back in the day. Wasn't able to witness that tho.

The next Goat?

Wake me up when someone passes 7,631.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    The next Goat?

Wake me up when someone passes 7,631.
    Not going to happen anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post
    Not going to happen anytime soon
    No sir. It's unbreakable

Decent college freshman 2much_knowledge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    This guy has the nerve to mention Kobe Bryant in the same category as Michael Jordan and then goes onto claim LeBron James isn't close.

Jordan stan "logic".
    SKILLSET & MENTALITY

Lebron is clunky and fragile and not loyal to a franchise.

So hes not close

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    You don't even need to be a fan to recognize him as the GOAT. He wins GOAT polls by around 75%. You can't tell me that 75% of all people are Jordan fans.
    You can recognize him as number 1 (I've always done that) but you can also respect other players in the top ten/five. Who do have valid arguments against MJ...for example.

Lebron James has a game that would translate in any generation...Jordan's game was not effective in the 80's and it really wouldn't have worked in the hard foul era of the 60's/70's.

Wilt Chamberlain they changed the rules to make it harder for Wilt...with Jordan they changed the rules and made it easier for him. Jordan was also able to be surrounded by guys that wouldn't make the cut in the early years because of roster limitations.

Bill Russell had to change his game because he had a HOF at every position and guys coming off the bench. Bill also has twice the titles as Jordan.

Magic Johnson was much more successful than Jordan when it came to playing at the top...the guy came in and made the finals for what 80% of his career...Jordan did it for 40%...same thing with George Mikan he always was in the finals and has 7 championships (2 of which the league doesn't count...but he still did it). We likely don't have an NBA without Mikan.

KAJ played against and succeeded against 3-4 different generations of players...Jordan really only dominated against that 1 generation

Larry Bird beat Jordan in every single game in the post season

Why I call Jordan fans cancer is because these are all valid points but instead of giving those players credibility they get disrespected at an absurdly high level. The hysterics and the over reactions and the inability to look at things critically has created a toxic fandom. You have people who live and breathe on tearing Lebron down...not because he's a bad player but because he's a threat to Jordan's legacy. Jordan fans act like any ground lost in the debate with him..is ground that's lost forever.

You can recognize him as number 1 (I've always done that) but you can also respect other players in the top ten/five. Who do have valid arguments against MJ...for example.

Lebron James has a game that would translate in any generation...Jordan's game was not effective in the 80's and it really wouldn't have worked in the hard foul era of the 60's/70's.

Wilt Chamberlain they changed the rules to make it harder for Wilt...with Jordan they changed the rules and made it easier for him. Jordan was also able to be surrounded by guys that wouldn't make the cut in the early years because of roster limitations.

Bill Russell had to change his game because he had a HOF at every position and guys coming off the bench. Bill also has twice the titles as Jordan.

Magic Johnson was much more successful than Jordan when it came to playing at the top...the guy came in and made the finals for what 80% of his career...Jordan did it for 40%...same thing with George Mikan he always was in the finals and has 7 championships (2 of which the league doesn't count...but he still did it). We likely don't have an NBA without Mikan.

KAJ played against and succeeded against 3-4 different generations of players...Jordan really only dominated against that 1 generation

Larry Bird beat Jordan in every single game in the post season

Why I call Jordan fans cancer is because these are all valid points but instead of giving those players credibility they get disrespected at an absurdly high level. The hysterics and the over reactions and the inability to look at things critically has created a toxic fandom. You have people who live and breathe on tearing Lebron down...not because he's a bad player but because he's a threat to Jordan's legacy. Jordan fans act like any ground lost in the debate with him..is ground that's lost forever.
    If you threw all the guys at the very top in a 5 on 5 game, the differences between them are going to be negligible. All this bullshit about who's number 1 and who's number 8 is just that.....bullshit. Rankings are subjective as hell, often contradict and rooted in alot of circumstances. The players ranked ahead of someone like peak, pre-crippling back injury Tracey Mcgrady is much higher than the number of players who were better in terms of talent and ability in a vacuum.

Kobe Stan

I think it's pretty obvious Lebron is the GOAT currently. His total body on work is unmatched and he's still a top five player in the league at thirty eight years old. Eye test of course supports Bron as the best player ever as well easily...like it's not that close.

Decent college freshman 2much_knowledge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious Lebron is the GOAT currently. His total body on work is unmatched and he's still a top five player in the league at thirty eight years old. Eye test of course supports Bron as the best player ever as well easily...like it's not that close.
    Nice trolling. Im sure you are laughing as you type it