Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Default Re: First release of Photos by James Webb Telescope

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    The ones who survived were those who were vegetarian (theropods are not)
    Scientists now believe there were lots of theropods that were herbivores or omnivores judging by their teeth. Just like there are many omnivores and largely herbivore animals in the Carnivora order. Keep in mind modern birds are now considered theropods and most do not eat meat. There were also true dinosaurs other than theropods and sauropods.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    Scientists now believe there were lots of theropods that were herbivores or omnivores judging by their teeth. Just like there are many omnivores and largely herbivore animals in the Carnivora order. Keep in mind modern birds are now considered theropods and most do not eat meat. There were also true dinosaurs other than theropods and sauropods.
    I noticed you left out the most important part that follows the all-important "and."

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    If there is/was life in other parts of the universe there's almost certainty life in other parts of our own galaxy. Some people don't realize how big space really is. There's over 200 billion stars in our galaxy alone and likely at least 5 billion planets in the Goldilocks Zone

I believe there's life out there not that far away and our planet was seeded. I've always found it extremely unlikely that dinosaurs dissapeared immediately after the K-T event. I believe it would be the first time in the Earth's history that an entire clade of vertebrae disappeared in the blink of an eye. Only 80% of animals went extinct, you're telling me not even one example of dinosaurs could survive past a million years after that event? Sure many dinosaurs were already evolving into birds before the event but there should have been at least a few evolutionary dead ends going on 10s of millions of years afterwards. I think aliens came down a weeded out the dinosaurs so intelligent life(mammals)could evolve more rapidly. Similar to pruning a seedling tree you planted so you can get the desired shape you want in the years to come.
    Dinos didn’t disappear, they’re called birds

If blade believes it, it must be total bulshit

Anything nasa says is a lie.