Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rescuing Seals with embedded fishing lines

These embedded fishing lines slowly and very painfully kill these animals, slowly cutting into their body. It's a very horrible way to die. (Though I guess I might prefer that over being thrown 80 feet into the air by killer whales.)

And seals are visible and easy to catch. Imagine what it must be like for other marine mammals out in the ocean. First the whaling for oil, and now this. (Though I guess the embedded fishing line has been an issue for hundreds of years.)

I embedded these two videos.

This following embedded video is particularly difficult for the seal at 5:57. It's heartbreaking.

And since I mentioned it, here's a 3rd embedded video of a killer whale throwing a seal 80 feet into the air.

Default Re: Rescuing Seals with embedded fishing lines

you're so fvcking weird and it's not funny or entertaining at any level. seek help.

These guys have amazing eye sight. Look at all the seal that they pick out. Or maybe it's that there are so many seals with embedded fishing lines.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    you're so fvcking weird and it's not funny or entertaining at any level. seek help.
    You're going to have to elaborate a little bit further. I don't think that if I show a psychiatrist this thread, that I made about seals getting rescued, that he would think there's anything wrong. But if you're right, then perhaps I'm impaired and just not seeing why it requires help.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    I embedded these two videos.
    What's your point in telling this?

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

For about 2 months I was hooked on watching these videos. I bet there's a lot of great whites out there looking to take advantage of disabled seals and any primate meat sacks that happen to be in the area.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

jstern hit on something quite frankly I would never say : I was wrong about dumping fishing line in lakes. (I assumed it sunk and went into the muck)

Many many fisherman do this , and this summer in a neighboring lake had a loon stuck with fish line.
    Last year I fished with two fish biologists , and I broke my line off, they retrieved it and never said a word.

Just this past week 3 loons in Wisconsin had fish hooks in their ears .... what (yep that is correct )

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    What's your point in telling this?
    I don't understand this question. I mentioned that I embedded those two videos. It's part of the presentation. "Embedded these two videos." "Posted these two videos." "Watch these two videos." " Checkout these two videos." And so on. It would be like me saying, checkout these pictures, followed by the embedded pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    For about 2 months I was hooked on watching these videos. I bet there's a lot of great whites out there looking to take advantage of disabled seals and any primate meat sacks that happen to be in the area.
    Yes, they're very interesting. Though I'm sure sharks are also having similar problems.

I guess not a great example since the sharks were probably going for the bait. But I was impressed with what seems to be almost dolphin like self awareness from these sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    jstern hit on something quite frankly I would never say : I was wrong about dumping fishing line in lakes. (I assumed it sunk and went into the muck)

Many many fisherman do this , and this summer in a neighboring lake had a loon stuck with fish line.
    Last year I fished with two fish biologists , and I broke my line off, they retrieved it and never said a word.

Just this past week 3 loons in Wisconsin had fish hooks in their ears .... what (yep that is correct )
    This morning, after waking I wondered if people just threw their fishing line in the water after they're done with it.

Those biologist should have said something. If they just stay silent when seeing a person doing something that will likely hurt an animal, particularly if it's because the person doesn't know, then they would be saving many, many animals from pain and suffering.

I don't understand this question. I mentioned that I embedded those two videos. It's part of the presentation. "Embedded these two videos." "Posted these two videos." "Watch these two videos." " Checkout these two videos." And so on. It would be like me saying, checkout these pictures, followed by the embedded pictures.
    Why didn't you create a new thread about the topic? Very suspicious.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    Why didn't you create a new thread about the topic? Very suspicious.
    We were wondering when the crusty Alaskan fishing boat deckhand would show up to this thread

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoTubbs View Post
    We were wondering when the crusty Alaskan fishing boat deckhand would show up to this thread
    Rent free. By we do you mean you and your alts? Touch grass weirdo.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

This morning, after waking I wondered if people just threw their fishing line in the water after they're done with it.

Those biologist should have said something. If they just stay silent when seeing a person doing something that will likely hurt an animal, particularly if it's because the person doesn't know, then they would be saving many, many animals from pain and suffering.
    If you wake up and think about such a trivial subject ... I am afraid you need to find a better life.

*Most fisherman don't throw line into the water ; their lure or hook is stuff on a rock or timber and can't free it. It either is broken off by tugging on it , or breaking the line. It happens. It is not easy to retrieve.

I just felt like you have some motive in telling this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    If you wake up and think about such a trivial subject ... I am afraid you need to find a better life.

*Most fisherman don't throw line into the water ; their lure or hook is stuff on a rock or timber and can't free it. It either is broken off by tugging on it , or breaking the line. It happens. It is not easy to retrieve.
    Interesting Jasper logic. If something pops into somebody's head, then it means that it's something that consumes that person's life. Which leads me to believe, and I hate to say it, but there has to be such low mental activity up there that literally nothing ever comes up in your head. And so you hearing that something pops into somebody's mind equals great mental activity. A consumption of a large amount of mental energy. It's very interesting.

And it's also interesting that you think such pollution is trivial.

I just felt like you have some motive in telling this.
    You're ruining it. I feel that if we just normalize the use of the term embedded YouTube video, then indirectly Jasper could become comfortable and learn. But you keep asking questions about it, pointing the spotlight on it. Making a big deal. Patrick Chewing tried the fear, I was trying benign elicitation.

You're ruining it. I feel that if we just normalize the use of the term embedded YouTube video, then indirectly Jasper could become comfortable and learn. But you keep asking questions about it, pointing the spotlight on it. Making a big deal. Patrick Chewing tried the fear, I was trying benign elicitation.
    Who do you think has a better case of improvement recently? Jasper or Lebron23?

Who do you think has a better case of improvement recently? Jasper or Lebron23?
    Obviously Lebron23. I'm even starting to wonder if his account was recently hacked.